VA - Couple & two teens found murdered, Farmville, 15 Sept 2009 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe(and this is a total suggestion) let us all respond in haiku until more facts come out????

I once responded to email at work, for the whole day, in haiku. I found that a lot of people really didn't appreciate it though. Maybe I won't do it for the whole day again.... :(

correct.I don't think she's a bad person.I'm sorry about your children but again I'm sure they have a reason.

I believe everyone has a reason, we're human, we're not perfect. we do wrong. we make choices and they are not always good. but they are choices, whether it be to do 5 mph over the speed limit on the roads and endanger someone NOT doing that speed and doing the speed limit or murder, they are ALL decisions that we make, as humans. That's the way I see it. But I also believe with those choices come consequences. I'm not sure how I feel about the death penalty. I have a family member (child) brutally murdered. DO I want them to study him, try to keep someone from making that same decision in the future? I'm sorry. I just don't think it's possible. He admitted his guilt. there has never been a question. Now why should he be allowed to live when someone else innocent (my 8 year old family member) will not be given that choice? When his mother still cries over him? as i say, we're human, that's why this happens. and studying won't fix it...but neither will retribution. The answer is, really, that there is no answer. At least in my head. Stepping back now, sorry for the OT rambling...

I'm totally with Pax and Andres ,I don't understand "justice" the way a lot of people see it here I think,it seems like they think it's "justice" when the person who commited the crime suffers,I don't get that....shouldn't it be about understanding what went on,about preventing it in the future,I just always feel that the person who commits a crime ,unless they're a total scoiopath has suffered as well,as weird as that sounds,just to come to the point where you feel the only way to deal with it is to destroy someone else to me shows you have suffered.And I don't understand how it seems to give people "satisfaction" or "justice" when someone else dies or suffers?
....and I don't believe anyone is "evil" or"bad" or a "cancer cell".....

Agreed but be careful with that mindset around here, it will get you in trouble.

Agreed but be careful with that mindset around here, it will get you in trouble.
I pretty much like most of the posters here and I am pretty tolerant of other viewpoints that may differ from mine.

However , I feel that :

If Casey Anthoney ( as an example ) killed her baby , that makes her a bad person.

I feel that people that have committed violent crimes such as rape or murder should be punished and should suffer. ( Edited to add : This doesn't mean "I take enjoyment" in some one suffering but that I think punishment is necessary.)

If I ,for example , were to hurt someone then I should be punished and made to suffer. Sure , I might have some excuses , valid reasons for my behaviour. I might need some help and should be given that help. I also should get a hefty dose of punishment and some suffering as well.

maybe(and this is a total suggestion) let us all respond in haiku until more facts come out????

True story: I once threatened to sue Microsoft for republishing my Haiku without permission.

Be careful with that Chia head! And whatever you do, don't water it after midnight...

Creepshow%20King.jpg

Wow do you remember how crazy this was when it aired! I remember it getting on his tongue. Ick

Yeah, probably.

Every item introduced into evidence will be recorded. There are cases where the court can bar the release of some evidence however, and this has been used in the case of electronic media and communications records in particular. The court might for example want to protect the email addresses of people unrelated to the case, who have exchanged email with McCroskey previously, but have nothing to do with these events. These messages could be part of the forensic evidence collected from his home computer in California or his telephone for example.

[video=youtube;GN_cu_gpLdE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GN_cu_gpLdE&feature=player_embedded[/video]
Sam @ SFTW Concert @ 0:11

samatstfw.jpg

Sam Chilling @ SFTW. WOW he looks lonely or lost..

(respectfully snipped)

It's interesting that Pax and Andres feel that society is in decay because people would like criminals to be punished and I feel society starts to degrade when we think everything bad is a "disease" that can be cured and fail to recognize that some people are the equivalent of cancer cells in our communities.

Seriously, of all the diseases there are, how many has medicine actually cured? Likewise with the rehabilitation. Now, as JUVENILLES, I think we totally drop the ball when treating them like adult criminals...that is when the intervention could actually make a huge difference and I would support more money for an overhaul of the juvenile justice system.

Well, I had said nothing about society being in decay. That said, I am disturbed by people who seem to get off on fantasizing about the type of punishment offenders receive. This thread doesn't have a lot of that, but if you want to see some pretty disturbing stuff go to some of the older Emily Olten / Alyssa Bustamante threads. Keep in mind, the girl they're gloating about freezing at night, eating terrible food, and screaming should be put to death is 15 years old.

Americans love blood. They love it. They want to rally against people who commit murder for ending a life or lives, and in the same breath argue for ending that persons life. They want to quote the "eye for an eye" stuff in the bible, and ignore all the other stuff that runs contradictory to it.

Now, in regards to your disease analogy, I don't particularly agree with it. I think it is difficult to disagree with my statement that there is "something" wrong with people who commit violent crimes. I think that your criticism of the rehabilitation part of the prison system is related to rehabilitation being de-emphasized.

Every item introduced into evidence will be recorded. There are cases where the court can bar the release of some evidence however, and this has been used in the case of electronic media and communications records in particular. The court might for example want to protect the email addresses of people unrelated to the case, who have exchanged email with McCroskey previously, but have nothing to do with these events. These messages could be part of the forensic evidence collected from his home computer in California or his telephone for example.

Picking up my slack, eh dangrs. This is a better answer than mine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GN_cu_gpLdE&feature=player_embedded
Sam @ SFTW Concert @ 0:11

samatstfw.jpg

Sam Chilling @ SFTW. WOW he looks lonely or lost..

This picture is a bit deceiving. He's actually standing next to the stage here, just on the side of it. But the picture when viewed as a whole sort of makes it seem like he is against the wall which contributes to the "lonely" feeling I think. But he isn't against the wall at all, as can be confirmed by examining the arm visible from someone standing behind him quite a bit further back and his water bottle on the stage in front. He's looking off too his left here which is away from the camera's line of sight which again contributes to the apparent mood of the image.

stfw1.png

The resolution really isn't sufficient to tell much about his facial expression here, so personally I don't think you can conclude anything about his emotional state from this image. However, if I had to guess, I'd say he's almost got a very slight smile or sneer here. (the left side of the mouth appears slightly raised) That could be an indicator of disgust or it could be an artifact of this image.

Note also that the fellow in the white jacket to the left of Sam in the image is looking in the same direction. I conclude someone was doing something possibly weird or disgusting over in that direction when this photograph was taken.

stfw2.png

stfw3.jpg

Well, I had said nothing about society being in decay. That said, I am disturbed by people who seem to get off on fantasizing about the type of punishment offenders receive. This thread doesn't have a lot of that, but if you want to see some pretty disturbing stuff go to some of the older Emily Olten / Alyssa Bustamante threads. Keep in mind, the girl they're gloating about freezing at night, eating terrible food, and screaming should be put to death is 15 years old.

Americans love blood. They love it. They want to rally against people who commit murder for ending a life or lives, and in the same breath argue for ending that persons life. They want to quote the "eye for an eye" stuff in the bible, and ignore all the other stuff that runs contradictory to it.

Now, in regards to your disease analogy, I don't particularly agree with it. I think it is difficult to disagree with my statement that there is "something" wrong with people who commit violent crimes. I think that your criticism of the rehabilitation part of the prison system is related to rehabilitation being de-emphasized.

you murder someone and take away their life, you deserve to die to me its as simple as that.

They also have no problem slaughtering untold millions in wars so that their small 3% of the world's population can continue to consume 50% of world's energy.

We dont hold our elected leaders accountable for mass murder but when an obviously disturbed young girl who grew up the child of meth addicts, acts out in what is likely a cry for help, we demand her head on a platter.

Yes we are a civilization in decay, very much so. We live in bizzaro world.

This picture is a bit deceiving. He's actually standing next to the stage here, just on the side of it. But the picture when viewed as a whole sort of makes it seem like he is against the wall which contributes to the "lonely" feeling I think. But he isn't against the wall at all, as can be confirmed by examining the arm visible from someone standing behind him quite a bit further back and his water bottle on the stage in front. He's looking off too his left here which is away from the camera's line of sight which again contributes to the apparent mood of the image.

View attachment 7077

The resolution really isn't sufficient to tell much about his facial expression here, so personally I don't think you can conclude anything about his emotional state from this image. However, if I had to guess, I'd say he's almost got a very slight smile or sneer here. (the left side of the mouth appears slightly raised) That could be an indicator of disgust or it could be an artifact of this image.

Note also that the fellow in the white jacket to the left of Sam in the image is looking in the same direction. I conclude someone was doing something possibly weird or disgusting over in that direction when this photograph was taken.

View attachment 7078

View attachment 7079

well maybe he is looking at Emma and Mel having a good time.. and thinking what he will do once he gets back to VA.

you murder someone and take away their life, you deserve to die to me its as simple as that.

I think the decision to kill someone shouldn't ever be made simple especially when it is state sanctioned killing. And similar to some of the other posters here I wonder about the future of our society where so many of us seem to find killing someone an easy "no brainer" answer to a such a wide variety of problems.

I am not say that Sam should get to enjoy his life if he is found guilty.

And I don't think that is what is going to happen either.

In theory ok but in practice there is a lot more to it because who has the right to make that decision? Who holds the right to decide whether one should live or die?

Also how do you define murder? Killing innocent people not in self defense? Was Hiroshima murder? When we bomb cities and kill innocent women and children is that murder and who should be held be responsible for that.

I think the decision to kill someone shouldn't ever be made simple especially when it is state sanctioned killing. And similar to some of the other posters here I wonder about the future of our society where so many of us seem to find killing someone an easy "no brainer" answer to a such a wide variety of problems.

I am not say that Sam should get to enjoy his life if he is found guilty.

And I don't think that is what is going to happen either.

That particular beast is guaranteed to never kill again. Works every time.
The electric or drug bill should be sent to their families. As a reminder to future generations. Make it a nice one, though, suitable for framing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ery810