VA - Couple & two teens found murdered, Farmville, 15 Sept 2009 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
(respectfully snipped)

And Andres: yes, I think the character of Dexter is more likeable and mesmerizing than me as first person shooter. Even the escape into the game character doesn't give me the same feeling that the artistic lure of his character development that slowly convinces me that having the monster inside is OK and even good and has a beneficial side. It depends on the person I guess.

My understanding of Dexter is that the main character is a serial killer who kills people who run outside Dexter's morals. He kills people who "deserve it". This is a premise that's been rehashed in movies and televisions shows often.

See, there's a difference between sympathizing with a character that is a "bad guy" and realizing he might not be a bad guy, and actually committing violent acts. If anything, it gets people out of the black and white thinking that people are either "good" or "bad" and I don't think that's a bad thing.

I have a certain respect for people who embrace who they are.

Look at Ted Haggard who was recently proclaimed to be "cured" of his homosexuality by church elders. I feel sorry that guy. You know he wants to strap on a pair of rainbow colored bike shorts, pierce his nipples, and march in the next Gay Pride parade, but he's too much of a chickenshiit to just embrace what he really is. What kind of intellectual and moral quandry must he go through every day knowing that God (or nature) made him a certain way but that in order to conform to the interpretation of the religion he subscribes to, he can't be the person he was born to be? That must suck balls.

Wait! Let's all meet in Sedona! That's perfect. If not Virginia, of course....

My understanding of Dexter is that the main character is a serial killer who kills people who run outside Dexter's morals. He kills people who "deserve it". This is a premise that's been rehashed in movies and televisions shows often.

See, there's a difference between sympathizing with a character that is a "bad guy" and realizing he might not be a bad guy, and actually committing violent acts. If anything, it gets people out of the black and white thinking that people are either "good" or "bad" and I don't think that's a bad thing.

Sure and that's all well and good but I can't help but be drawn back to the issue of an urge to kill that presents itself as a hunger; as irresistable - as something that happened to this character as a result of trauma and the fact that A) He can't deny who he is, nor can he stop the behavior (regardless of the right/wrong angel) B) He blames what happened him for making him who he is C) He is portrayed in a sympathetic, quirky and likeable manner.

I can see how the teenage killers can relate to this guy.

And we could all hold and pat and dance with baby Uri. I have been looking for some place to just... go!

Its beautiful here, one of the more spiritual places on earth IMO.

sedona_72_res_cut_iwwg.jpg

arizona-sedona-enchantment-resort.jpg

Sure and that's all well and good but I can't help but be drawn back to the issue of an urge to kill that presents itself as a hunger; as irresistable - as something that happened to this character as a result of trauma and the fact that A) He can't deny who he is, nor can he stop the behavior (regardless of the right/wrong angel) B) He blames what happened him for making him who he is C) He is portrayed in a sympathetic, quirky and likeable manner.

I can see how the teenage killers can relate to this guy.

Again, having never watched the show, I can't really argue this too well. But, I think most people who watch the show relate to Dexter, not just teenage killers, right?

"I think Beautiful Thoughts and therefore my life is Beautiful!" -- Renata Monet

I would hardly call most of the writings on his/her website "beautiful thoughts." Obviously a deeply disturbed individual. Anyway that certainly is an interesting, though tragic, story. Gruesome pics of the Black Dahlia on there too -- made me wonder (speaking of Dexter again) if the concept of the way she was murdered was the inspiration for Season One's Ice Truck Killer.

Pax, as you probably already know, the conspiracey crowd believes Lloyd Woodson was accidentallhy caught, by local police, in a U.S. Gov't secret op to commit a terrorist attack and then blame it on Muslims (thus explaining the Muslim garb found in his hotel room).

Vegas ain't too far from me I'll see you all there.

Wait! Let's all meet in Sedona! That's perfect. If not Virginia, of course....

Even better. We could meet at one of the vortices where UFO's land to refuel. Maybe will meet some aliens to party with.

I lived in Flagstaff for 8 years, up until 5 years ago. I wonder if Pax and I have crossed paths.

Oo. I been there. "Flag" is kind of... weird.

Andre--thanks for your response. I'm surprised that his attorney hasn't told him to cut out the cavalier attitude. There are people looking at him that will determine whether he gets cut a deal or not. He needs to be studying Readers Digest--not Dexter. He's gonna have to do some time. He should ditch the silly haircut--try to grow some hair on his face and try to speak in a deeper voice. A day in general population in a correctional facility is spookier than a night in one of those cemetaries where him and his buds desecrate the graves. The demons there are real and they will get right up in your face.

This also makes it almost impossible that you all showed up in this thread the same time I did, by chance. I must conclude you are all stalking ME.

He's on to us, everyone actvate Protocol Plan B. . .

I don't agreee with this reading of Dexter FWIW.

Dexter isn't a good guy, he just imagines that he is. Arguably he is an anti-hero or ambiguously good/evil, but for me the point is that he's very possibly deluding himself about this exact point. The show uses the usual TV tricks to get the audience to relate to Dexter. The result of this is putting the audience in the same delusional state as the main character.

Because the people he kills deserve it at some level, he is able to internally justify his actions and audience also accepts his actions as justified. But the question is left open as to what Dexter would do if he couldn't kill someone that we all agree deserves it, as well as how accurately his personal ethical code identifies only those who really deserve to be killed.

It is clear that Dexter is a sociopath, the question asked by the show is whether he is also a hypocrite. Each episode of the show renews this question IMO asking the audience to decide again whether the ends justify the means or not and who among us gets to decide.

Good analysis. (I wanted to say that instead of just "thanks.") :rolleyes:

If you go deep enough on that site it gets pretty disturbing with some photos of dismembered bodies etc. And this has nothing to do with her being transgendered.
...exactly it has nothing to do with her being transgendered,I hardly get freaked out about cases but this one really gives me the chills.I feel like I've opened a door I shouldn't have....I always wondered what exactly is going on in someone's mind that kills for PLEASURE ...and here we go,her website is so elaborate,it's like I've spend time inside of an extremely confused and hateful mind...it's like she's been waiting her whole life to do this,it's the only thing to really set her free,she tried other things(like changing her sexuality,going from one religion to another)...but she had to kill and always knew it....and she chose the particular date....why?

...exactly it has nothing to do with her being transgendered,I hardly get freaked out about cases but this one really gives me the chills.I feel like I've opened a door I shouldn't have....I always wondered what exactly is going on in someone's mind that kills for PLEASURE ...and here we go,her website is so elaborate,it's like I've spend time inside of an extremely confused and hateful mind...it's like she's been waiting her whole life to do this,it's the only thing to really set her free,she tried other things(like changing her sexuality,going from one religion to another)...but she had to kill and always knew it....and she chose the particular date....why?

Well 01-22-10 = 6 in occult numerology so that gives us one 6 to start with, was it the 6th day of the week at 6 pm perhaps....I dont have the time to look in to that right now but id bet dollars to donuts that she picked the time and day etc in accord with some significant occult number(s). She claims to have studied the occult for 20 years and this is someone who had published 21 books, not a dummy but more like the tortured mad genius perhaps. In otherwords its a safe bet there is a method to her madness. We just have to discover it.

I feel very dirty reading that site, definitely a door I would prefer to not have opened.

Well 01-22-10 = 6 in occult numerology so that gives us one 6 to start with, was it the 6th day of the week at 6 pm perhaps....I dont have the time to look in to that right now but id bet dollars to donuts that she picked the time and day etc in accord with some significant occult number(s). She claims to have studied the occult for 20 years and this is someone who had published 21 books, not a dummy but more like the tortured mad genius perhaps. In otherwords its a safe bet there is a method to her madness. We just have to discover it.

I feel very dirty reading that site, definitely a door I would prefer to not have opened.

The 22nd was a Friday, so it was the 6th day of the week. I didn't see a time in any articles.

Andre--thanks for your response. I'm surprised that his attorney hasn't told him to cut out the cavalier attitude. There are people looking at him that will determine whether he gets cut a deal or not. He needs to be studying Readers Digest--not Dexter. He's gonna have to do some time. He should ditch the silly haircut--try to grow some hair on his face and try to speak in a deeper voice. A day in general population in a correctional facility is spookier than a night in one of those cemetaries where him and his buds desecrate the graves. The demons there are real and they will get right up in your face.

Does he have a "cavalier attitude"? I don't think any of us are in a position to determine that. Also, what he reads in prison should have no bearing on whether he gets a plea deal. His best bet is probably to not have a beard if he goes to trial so he'll look younger. As for his hair, well, no one's seen a picture of him since September, right? For all we know, he's got a buzz cut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spicytaco46