VA - Couple & two teens found murdered, Farmville, 15 Sept 2009 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding a bag found that contained a young girl near a dumpster of the Carrows Restaurant in Castro Valley on May 1, 2003.

Curious to find out more I pulled up this link. Some may find it interesting due to the following - 'Forensic Scientists to Crack the Case' section.

http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=33287

Ah! I thought Castroville was IN the Castro Valley. (Gosh, why would anyone think that?) Thanks for the explanation. Forget what I said, everybody. The tapu tended bar in Castroville, no relation.

Castroville is at the north end of the Salinas Valley and it is or was a relatively rural farming area. When I lived down that way Salinas was home to a lot of the areas problems and there was a lot of violence, especially knife violence, in the news.

Castro Valley is a suburban area east of Hayward California. Back when I was in High School it was in the news a bit with regards to a Klu Klux Klan rally that was held there. Most people when they think of the KKK think of the South, places like Farmville VA. But the KKK had a significant presence in California back in the day and interestingly Castro Valley was one of the centers of their group. See http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,948780,00.html

Famville and Castro Valley have a connected hidden past.

I've written about this before. It is not a coincidence that Emma and Sam met over the Internet. They came from very different and yet eerily related backgrounds. Both of them grew up in rural/suburban areas with a hidden history of racism. Both grew up in towns where many of the new residents appear oblivious to these past events.

Both Emma and Sam were home schooled during their high school years. Why? Both of them has problems with bullying. Why?

I don't know the whole story here, but I am guessing that the teen social environments in these two towns share some very unfortunate similarities.

Do you think that's why a lot of their friends are interested in that Facebook game called 'Farmville"? I found that strange for some reason.

[video=youtube;mtGdH5u1EPw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtGdH5u1EPw[/video]

Somewhat of an unfortunate source for this one, however...

This is a recording of one of the first news reports on the murders. At about 1:10 an intern at the station is reporting from the scene and she states that a "reliable source" saw a shotgun removed from the the residence. If this is true it might make the results of those GSR tests a bit more interesting.

:bananalama: ???

RACISTWORLD? Black newscaster? (I know they're picking that up but what???)

(Ya gno... we have the stupidest set of emoticons on here. jmho)

Are they?

No scientific evidence but I was looking more into sis and her facebook or one of her friends profiles came up. I noticed it said "Farmville" under Applications. It seems there are a lot of friends with that connection which would make sense of course. I noticed it due to the fact that the headline of Sam's crimes falls under 'Farmville Murders". :waitasec: I discovered that Farmville is a popular game that one can play for free on Facebook.

Farmville on Facebook is probably THE most popular game, regardless of whose friend you are. Even my 10yo plays it. :rolleyes:

Regarding a bag found that contained a young girl near a dumpster of the Carrows Restaurant in Castro Valley on May 1, 2003.

Curious to find out more I pulled up this link. Some may find it interesting due to the following - 'Forensic Scientists to Crack the Case' section.

http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=33287

I looked into this a lot because of these lines from McCroskey's song Murderous Rage:

Today is not, you’re ordinary day
Because last night, I was a Murderous Rage
But now I gotta get rid of the bodies
Before the corpses start to get to rotting
Thinking about last night, the good times that I had
The chopped up remains in a black garbage bag
Dragged it to my car, wrapped it in a bed sheet
Blood leaking through the plastic
Threw her in the backseat

However, at this point, I don't think this crime is related to the Farmville case.

From the article about the KKK though, I'm missing the connection to VA. Although it states that the KKK spreads all the way out to Castro Valley it focuses more on activities of the deep South.

One sentence that strikes me is, "By joining the Klan and defending Americanism, they confer on themselves the status that society has denied them." Sound familiar?

Anywho, the article was written in Nov. of 1979 and points out how the KKK had grown 44 percent since the year before. That was over 30 years ago. Where are we now? I've gotta tell ya that my son has thrown a few words around at times (internet learned) that have nothing to do with the beliefs in this house. I ask him, "where do you get that stuff?". Then I explain how unfair it is to talk that way and how would you like it if, because of _________, people earmarked you as bad because of their own fears and prejudices. And the education continues, hopefully some of my wisdom sinks in as he doesn't see those things demonstrated in his real life, it's what he hears. There was an incident at his school the other day that involved a victim of another race (not black) from the majority who victimized. My son was nowhere near the situation thankfully. The entire school is on alert waiting to hear the final consensus of what happened. The Internet scares me regarding what it exposes teenagers to. Those games they play are violent but so is real war even if it is on the street - ya know? So do you want your son to be a sitting duck, a whimp, always sheltered from every storm?

I don't have all of the answers. Hoping for success from my efforts in pointing out consequences, education, spiritual concerns, human heart issues and personal responsibility. It's tough. There are a lot of haters.

I looked into this a lot because of these lines from McCroskey's song Murderous Rage:

However, at this point, I don't think this crime is related to the Farmville case.

Well, Sam would have been 13-14 years old.

That's why I was curious too. Another lyric says he's killed before and that stuck in my mind.

The last part of the above sounds as like he stole the idea from the case of murdered Caylee Anthony. Do you know when he wrote it? Nice thoughts though.:eek: Oh, nevermind, just innocent doodles. :devil:

Well, Sam would have been 13-14 years old.

Yes, true. Worth looking into though just to rule it out.

I believe the case is solved. I posted it because of the way the forensic evidence was used to crack the case.
We were talking about that earlier in this thread.

Refresh my memory please - GSR tests?

First mention of a shotgun that I'm aware of. It could just have been in the house though and not used in the crime. That's easy to determine.

Refresh my memory please - GSR tests?

First mention of a shotgun that I'm aware of. It could just have been in the house though and not used in the crime. That's easy to determine.

Gun Shot Residue. Basically, the swabbed the fingers of the bodies looking for gun shot residue. Seems like it might be a standard thing in a case like this.

Yeah, things have kind of spread together there. I lived in Monterey for 6 years. Gosh, what an ugly place. I sure am glad I moved to Maine. :rolleyes:

I know. I couldn't wait to leave Monterey to eventually return to these cold, long winters.:waitasec: Did you ever go to Pacific Grove when they trucked in all the snow, made a huge hill so the kids could sled? That was fun. Once in awhile Pacific Grove's town song goes through my mind - catchy tune.

I posted on another thread that ocean imagery is my pain medicine - like if I'm about to get a shot or something. It works! Wait, you have an ocean in Maine. It's beautiful there too.

See ya after the game. I've decided to root for the Saints.:Banane23:

Well, I know where Dangrs is now....

And I guess I'll be hanging out here alone until that stupid game is over. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lily89