VA - Grateful Dead Fan - Social Media Push

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tired of all the articles that are treating this like its nothing. GDF is someones child. His mom has been thrust into a side show that she never asked to be in.

Please say a prayer for Jason Callahan's mom. Our hearts go out to her as we know this has been a nightmare for her. I know that she was not prepared to find out her son who she believed was alive all these years may be one of the most known; beloved "Doe's" in the world. As a mother myself; I can't even imagine the state of shock she is in. She has now been thrown into a world that no mother should have to be in. I have friends who have also given DNA; some on high profile cases; imagine being thrust into it; people saying its a match; you didn't love your child because there's no report. It was a WHOLE DIFFERENT process back then! LE refused to take reports for teens that "ran away" as well as adults that possibly walked away. Even in 2015; I have a friend who's daughter has been missing since 8/2013; law enforcement refuse to help her!

So her DNA has been taken; do you think it will be easy waiting what could be a minimum of 8 weeks? What do you do with your time? How do you lay your head down to go to sleep? Over & over again wondering if this Doe is your son!? If that's not bad enough; open google; type in Grateful Dead Fan. Every day another article seems to pop up asking if "this mystery" has been solved; yet NONE have mentioned the HELL his MOTHER is living right NOW!

So please say a prayer for her; for her family and loved ones; a prayer that the DNA will process quick so that she can have an answer on what next? An answer on if she will now mourn her son or if her journey has just begun to see if he is alive or another "Doe" somewhere else. Pray for peace. Pray it does not take as long as Cali's; we're on 3 1/2 months; 16 long weeks. While Tammy's sisters DNA sample has been processed; we're still in the dark on whether its her on not </3. Pray for Tammy's sister & friend too.

https://www.facebook.com/WeWontForg...0047848367/1024263417587695/?type=1&source=46

I just saw the poster on imgur, and recognised it so I came here. My mind was blown when I read about a possible ID. Looking at the photos was like looking into a mirror.

Thank you, isn't that an entirely different photo ? Appears to be a little earlier, shorter hair, but it looks to be the same young man in the previous photos that were posted , at least to me.

I cant say with any certainty, but my suspicion is that the NAMUS photo was provided by Jason Callhoun's family when they filed the MP report.

I just saw the poster on imgur, and recognised it so I came here. My mind was blown when I read about a possible ID. Looking at the photos was like looking into a mirror.

Bbm. Do you mean comparing the pictures to each other or do you mean it looks like YOU?

Bbm. Do you mean comparing the pictures to each other or do you mean it looks like YOU?
We had similar features and dressed similarly. We are also in the same age group and led the same type of lives back in the day.

The ultimate in Social Media push for any Grateful Dead fans who are unidentified:

http://www.dead50.net/

To celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Grateful Dead, Mickey Hart, Bill Kreutzmann, Phil Lesh, and Bob Weir will reunite at Chicago&#8217;s Soldier Field, nearly 20 years to the day of the last-ever Grateful Dead concert, which took place at the same venue. &#8220;Fare Thee Well: Celebrating 50 Years of Grateful Dead&#8221; will take place over three nights &#8211; July 3rd, 4th, and 5th, 2015 &#8211; and mark the original members&#8217; last-ever performance together. The band will be joined by Trey Anastasio (Guitar), Jeff Chimenti (Keyboards) and Bruce Hornsby (Piano), and will perform two sets of music each night.

Amazing. I saw the article in MSM that he may have been identified but just realized the social media push started right here...you should all be very proud of yourself, whether you get credit or not...you may have helped LE give a name to a 20 year old unidentified young man & brought closure to his grieving mother.

The social media push started on Imgur, but the woman who started it brought it here as well - she had been following the case for several years and is a big fan of WS.

it doesn't matter who gets the credit as long as this poor dear one gets his name back

https://icash.illinois.gov/
Is the website to recover lost "property" for IL. KY has a similar one (I actually found some money that I didn't know about on there). All states probably do.

I have been reading but maybe I missed it, any ideas on the last name?
May not be here nor there, but there is a Jason C******* listed on this site.

But mostly I just want to say how impressed I am with all that has been going on to help identify Grateful Doe!

Some months ago, I got involved in trying to solve the mystery of the grateful dead fan who was found dead in the car at the accident scene. He had a ticket stub from the grateful dead concert. No one could identify him. I lost contact with the thread, as the thread structure changed. It used to be that you could find a thread easily. Now, they are here and there. I didn't know about this second grateful dead fan who died, or is there only one, namely Jason. Could someone clear that up for me. Thanks. I live in Saskatchewan, Canada, so a long distance from Virginia.

I think this is the only 1 named Jason and I also live in SK
Some months ago, I got involved in trying to solve the mystery of the grateful dead fan who was found dead in the car at the accident scene. He had a ticket stub from the grateful dead concert. No one could identify him. I lost contact with the thread, as the thread structure changed. It used to be that you could find a thread easily. Now, they are here and there. I didn't know about this second grateful dead fan who died, or is there only one, namely Jason. Could someone clear that up for me. Thanks. I live in Saskatchewan, Canada, so a long distance from Virginia.

Maybe you're looking for this thread in the main Unidentified forum. This is a different UID, not the Grateful Dead Doe.
[h=1]GA - Atlanta WhtMale 178UMGA, 20-30, Grateful Dead Fan w/Dragon Tattoo, Jul'95[/h]

You were posting in Caroline's phone number thread. I usually view my profile then click on find latest posts. Easiest way to do it

This may have been posted somewhere already and not sure if it is appropriate here, but fwiw..
Maybe someone in the crowd might remember Jason from long ago.
http://www.cp24.com/entertainment-n...ows-in-chicago-for-50th-anniversary-1.2192205

" NEW YORK -- The Grateful Dead is coming back to life for final concerts in July.

The band announced Friday that surviving members Mickey Hart, Bill Kreutzmann, Phil Lesh and Bob Weir will perform three shows from July 3-5 at Soldier Field in Chicago"

'Grateful Dead' Doe is an unidentified young man who died in a car wreck June 26, 1995. His traumatized remains were found in the vehicle June 26, 1995 in Emporia, Greensville Co. Virginia. The (identified) driver also died. Grateful Dead Doe was a hitchhiker and the only ID he had on him was a note stating:

"To Jason, Sorry we had to go. See you around. Caroline O. and Caroline T." The note had a phone number with a 914 prefix. There was no area code. He also had two ticket stubs to Grateful Dead concerts at RFK Stadium in Washington, D.C. one for June 24, 1994 and another for June 25, 1995.'

Case History
He was (very approx) 16-21 years old
5'7" - 5'9"
Curly, light brown to blonde hair
Brown eyes
Pierced left ear

http://doenetwork.org/cases/127umva.html

Tickets are fetching up to $23,000 for the farewell Grateful Dead concerts now, but the tickets this John Doe had back then are priceless. Do you know him?

Contact David Baldwin at NamUs at 757-683-8366 if you do.

Attachments

• 127UMVA3.jpg
    127UMVA3.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 733
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics