VA - Grateful Dead Fan - Social Media Push

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've followed this case for a few years; read graymetals post on reddit a few days ago. SO happy to see this! gives me a lot of hope about a missing persons case local to me that has long since gone cold. I hope this is him; it sure looks like him!

Apparently I'm "freaking" people out on Facebook and "stalking" someone who posted that the picture looked like his friend. So I looked for his friend on his PUBLIC profile. Soooooo do with that what you will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I met and hung with Jay in the shows leading up to RFK 95. Best I can remember it would have been Albany. We went our ways. This Jay had no tickets to any shows. He asked us for ride to DC we declined

Apparently I'm "freaking" people out on Facebook and "stalking" someone who posted that the picture looked like his friend. So I looked for his friend on his PUBLIC profile. Soooooo do with that what you will.

i saw the guy youre talking about too. and while they did resemble, i dont think it is him. the guy in the pictures was apparently a military man, and our unknown "jason" seems to not be the military type.

Somebody on fb is saying their girlfriend is saying she "100% knows" the man pictured & he is alive & well but they have not updated.

This person is in contact with the admin of the page. We will know as soon as there is confirmation.

i saw the guy youre talking about too. and while they did resemble, i dont think it is him. the guy in the pictures was apparently a military man, and our unknown "jason" seems to not be the military type.

I didn't think I was that out of line to warrant private message like that lol.

well both of the posts on that page, from people claiming the jason in the pics was alive and well, have disappeared. so either they figured out that the person in the picture wasnt who they thought it was, or the admin removed the comments for privacy concerns. ive been following this case for years, and i would really like to find some closure for this young man.

It remains unbelievable to me that the general public has no clue how much "anyone" can find out about them from their Facebook or any other social media account without them ever knowing. Ugh

If he lived near The University of Illinois, I would focus on undergraduates there during 1994-1995. He must have attended parties there

Hey guys,

I know there was no harm intended, but let's be very careful about who we do, and do not, contact in our search for our GD.

At the moment, realistically, all we have to go off is the photo and knowing that is name is Jason. I'm sure that more and more information will become available over the coming days. It is very exciting when somebody comments on Facebook, or perhaps even here, with something that may be a possible lead. But remember, be skeptical with all posts. It's important to ensure our sanity, in what is such a crazy time!

Now that that is out of the way, I adore everyones enthusiasm that is here. Seeing the guests + visitors of this thread jump from 1 (usually me) to atleast 20 at a time blows my mind!

WebSleuths, you are a wonderful, warm, opening community and I cannot thank you enough for this.

wow, i have followed this case for quite a while too and just happened to see the post on reddit, such a promising lead, the photo is almost identical!

Nice job grey, the resemblance is uncanny. I would be very surprised to find out they are not the same person. Great job on your resourcefulness, you have brought more attention to this than I think it ever has had.

I think she's hit a whole different set of users then Alyssa, Lesha & everyone from WS.

I've followed this case for a few years; read graymetals post on reddit a few days ago. SO happy to see this! gives me a lot of hope about a missing persons case local to me that has long since gone cold. I hope this is him; it sure looks like him!

Agree

A night of thinking and a morning of texts with my other friend...
Our Jay was at a hotel in Albany for 3 days before heading to DC. GD passed just after this shows.
Jay did have a bag. And he had a wallet

Jay did not have a plan from Albany to DC we could not help him out here

Greymetal, I have been a WS user for years and a reddit one almost as long. You have done a great job. Your posts here are so well done. Thank you and welcome.

Wow! Nice lead! :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member