VA - Grateful Dead Fan - Social Media Push

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LE. We can't just contact random people and ask if their son is missing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think that was her intention but I thought it necessary to comment as such for other people's benefit since there are so many new here.

Musicaljoke my thoughts exactly. I'm a mother.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have several pictures, of several people, taken back in the day at get togethers. I could not tell you the names of some of them, nor the last names of others of them. It's not all that uncommon. Acquaintances, not close friends, and the passing of time.....it happens.

I'm also a lefty that does a lot with my right hand, I wouldn't put a lot of stock into which hand he appears to be using.

Totally agree, im right handed and im drinking my cup of tea right now with my left hand lol. the only way to be certain would be if they had a photo of him writing lol. but even then he could write with both hands.

This is so exciting waiting for more information.

How odd, i just googled grateful dead fan thinking there might be news articles on our Grateful Doe, but this came up and got my hopes up but it is a seperate case, literally posted minutes before I googled the search.
http://www.thecalifornian.com/story...rateful-dead-idd-pacific-grove-body/21415377/
How strange, both grateful dead fans who died in 1995! Wouldnt it be wonderful if they both were solved this week!

There are 102 birth records for C in SC.
You can access via ancestry.com. Anyone a member ???

How odd, i just googled grateful dead fan thinking there might be news articles on our Grateful Doe, but this came up and got my hopes up but it is a seperate case, literally posted minutes before I googled the search.
http://www.thecalifornian.com/story...rateful-dead-idd-pacific-grove-body/21415377/
How strange, both grateful dead fans who died in 1995! Wouldnt it be wonderful if they both were solved this week!

Has anyone contacted The Charley Project (named in the article)?

There are 102 birth records for C in SC.
You can access via ancestry.com. Anyone a member ???

I'm on it. I don't have access to Ancestry, but I have decent access to a significant amount of other resources. Checking birth records and the like now.

I'm on it. I don't have access to Ancestry, but I have decent access to a significant amount of other resources. Checking birth records and the like now.
Thank-You. If you are able to include the name Coram / Couram ?

Can anyone make out what month/year the calendar has behind him in the most recent photo? Maybe it won't be useful, but I'm curious if it would be possible to determine when this photo was from in case that ends up being helpful down the line. Seems like it could be June and July 1994.

Where exactly are we at here? What should we be doing to aid in this further? The ebb and flow of this case feels like waves. I don't want to lose the momentum

Can anyone make out what month/year the calendar has behind him in the most recent photo? Maybe it won't be useful, but I'm curious if it would be possible to determine when this photo was from in case that ends up being helpful down the line. Seems like it could be June and July 1994.

Somebody figured it out on Reditt, but now I can't remember how to get back to the thread over there.

IIRC, on reddit they said either June of 1994 or March of 1995.

Where exactly are we at here? What should we be doing to aid in this further? The ebb and flow of this case feels like waves. I don't want to lose the momentum

I think that getting Myrtle Beach news to pick this up would be a HUGE help. I keep thinking about people that would recognize him might've been in their 40's when he was a teen and that they might not be on the internet enough to catch one of these shares. People 70s - 80s would be more likely to catch it on the news at the end of the day. The problem with blindly emailing the Myrtle Beach news stations is that the emails will get lost or ignored. Would anyone want to reach out to a specific reporter? Getting someone involved by telling the the whole story might get them on board. I'm sure that they would have worries up top -- like posting a photo of a boy who they believe may be out there alive and well could get them in trouble. It'll take someone really understanding the story to take the risk putting it on the news I think. Has anyone tried this yet? If not, I can look into who I could contact tonight.

I feel like we are just waiting for the next little break right now. Waiting to hear from DrDMike on his craigslist contact. Waiting to hear back from those to emailed the Aunt from Craigslist. Waiting on any more info from the picture source. Waiting for a possible hit on the name "C". Just a lot of waiting...

I think that getting Myrtle Beach news to pick this up would be a HUGE help. I keep thinking about people that would recognize him might've been in their 40's when he was a teen and that they might not be on the internet enough to catch one of these shares. People 70s - 80s would be more likely to catch it on the news at the end of the day. The problem with blindly emailing the Myrtle Beach news stations is that the emails will get lost or ignored. Would anyone want to reach out to a specific reporter? Getting someone involved by telling the the whole story might get them on board. I'm sure that they would have worries up top -- like posting a photo of a boy who they believe may be out there alive and well could get them in trouble. It'll take someone really understanding the story to take the risk putting it on the news I think. Has anyone tried this yet? If not, I can look into who I could contact tonight.

For some reason I think PeterThomasFan (who I usually see posting on the Heather Elvis case) has some media contacts there. I think he actually lives in MB. I'm happy to PM him, but I just started looking at this case today and it might be better for someone with more knowledge about this to do it.

ETA there is also a local photographer from there that posts on that case, but I can't remember his name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l