VA - Grateful Dead Fan - Unidentified male, 26 June 1995 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all- a newbie here
Regarding the second tattoo (the faded one), what type of ink would one use to make such a tattoo and how long would it take to fade or how else would it fade to such a degree? I'm trying to establish how long GD would have had the tattoo.

I am thinking a little bit out of the box here, but after nearly 18 years and no id, perhaps this is the way to go...

Lee Buckle was from the UK, but went missing on holiday in India in Oct 1994. He looks very similar to Jason Doe.

https://www.missingpeople.org.uk/leebuckle

Edit: Have just noticed that Lee is probably too tall to be Jason. Never mind.

Doesn't matter that the person is too tall, as family/friends would probably not know exactly how tall someone was anyway. But Lee has blue eyes.

What about Marcus Rigby as a match? http://doenetwork.org/cases/2290dmuk.html

I edited Jasons hair on the original pencil drawing and, to me, they look exactly the same, but unfortunately I can't attach the image.

The eyes: because Lees hair is so blond in the first pic, I thought his eyes would be a vivid blue. My daughter who is 16 used to have dark blue eyes, but they are changing to a grey/brown colour.

I recall seeing somewhere upthread that there was a possibility a family member contacted the coroner or medical examiner's office and asked some questions about our Jason Doe that only a family member would know. But they did not claim the body. Does anyone know if this is true? If it is, our Jason Doe was possibly never reported missing in the first place and we may never be able to find a match. If his family really is aware of what happened to Jason Doe but didn't or couldn't claim and bury the body, it may have been because they had written him off for some reason and only called to confirm he had passed, or maybe they were too destitute to transport and bury him. I forget whether anyone has stated how widely publicized this accident may have been, but if it was mainly in the general area then his family had to have been fairly local, or at least from the same state or region to have heard about it. Does anyone remember what's been said about how far the word got out at the time about our Jason Doe?

Dogperson: I remember the exact things you have mentioned about a family member phoning and agree that if he was not reported missing we are going to have a problem. Can one check if a certain person has been paying their taxes over the years, inorder to establish if they are alive or not?

Dogperson: I remember the exact things you have mentioned about a family member phoning and agree that if he was not reported missing we are going to have a problem. Can one check if a certain person has been paying their taxes over the years, inorder to establish if they are alive or not?

I am not sure if you can check on their taxes without an SS#, property taxes you probably could if the property was in his name. Also maybe a check of census records to see when a person was last reported as living in the household?

I recall seeing somewhere upthread that there was a possibility a family member contacted the coroner or medical examiner's office and asked some questions about our Jason Doe that only a family member would know. But they did not claim the body. Does anyone know if this is true? If it is, our Jason Doe was possibly never reported missing in the first place and we may never be able to find a match. If his family really is aware of what happened to Jason Doe but didn't or couldn't claim and bury the body, it may have been because they had written him off for some reason and only called to confirm he had passed, or maybe they were too destitute to transport and bury him. I forget whether anyone has stated how widely publicized this accident may have been, but if it was mainly in the general area then his family had to have been fairly local, or at least from the same state or region to have heard about it. Does anyone remember what's been said about how far the word got out at the time about our Jason Doe?
Hey Dogperson,
I mentioned that some time ago. The case was NOT widely publicized, and if one could find out how someone with potential knowledge of his identity could have found out (i.e., which TV and radio stations broadcast the news, if it was too early for a newspaper to have been out when the call came), you could have a rather broad hint as to where his family or close friends lived. I looked for broadcast coverage maps of area radio stations in that era but got busy with another case.
I have ALWAYS felt that he was relatively close to home, and someone had a reason not to claim him, and not necessarily a sinister one. Maybe someone among family knew he was dead, but wanted to avoid telling other relatives, to hold out hope. Maybe they did not want/could not afford the expense. It happens.

Hey Dogperson,
I mentioned that some time ago. The case was NOT widely publicized, and if one could find out how someone with potential knowledge of his identity could have found out (i.e., which TV and radio stations broadcast the news, if it was too early for a newspaper to have been out when the call came), you could have a rather broad hint as to where his family or close friends lived. I looked for broadcast coverage maps of area radio stations in that era but got busy with another case.
I have ALWAYS felt that he was relatively close to home, and someone had a reason not to claim him, and not necessarily a sinister one. Maybe someone among family knew he was dead, but wanted to avoid telling other relatives, to hold out hope. Maybe they did not want/could not afford the expense. It happens.

I have a feeling you are right. In my own county right now we are having an issue with so many pauper burials; there have been local meetings regarding how to meet the ever-increasing expense. It's very possible his family just simply could not afford to do anything about the situation, and many folks may not even know they have the option of a pauper burial.

Or if our Jason Doe was a habitual runaway it could be that some family member was trying to protect Jason's mom from the knowledge of his death. Maybe they called to confirm his death but didn't want it made public, as you said, to allow someone to have hope.

if the scalper who sold the 20 tickets didnt recoginize the sketch of our Jason, maybe the sketch really is way off, no one seems to have seen our "Sketch" walking around the concert, I think up the thread here someone posted a seat chart of RFK stadium we have what seat he was in from the ticket stub , now it seems if we could post a "wanted" for pictures that night on the GD fan page , maybe we can see if we can figure out what the person looked like that was in that seat if the hair and shoes or maybe tat matches, we might find a guy that dosent really look like our recon......Thoughts?

if the scalper who sold the 20 tickets didnt recoginize the sketch of our Jason, maybe the sketch really is way off, no one seems to have seen our "Sketch" walking around the concert, I think up the thread here someone posted a seat chart of RFK stadium we have what seat he was in from the ticket stub , now it seems if we could post a "wanted" for pictures that night on the GD fan page , maybe we can see if we can figure out what the person looked like that was in that seat if the hair and shoes or maybe tat matches, we might find a guy that dosent really look like our recon......Thoughts?

I think checking up on the seating is a really good idea. The image that was posted re the stadium, is that exactly how the seating was back in 1995?

I'm still wondering about the faded tattoo. Was it faded or just not completed yet? What is it? The description says "veined" - what does that mean?

As far as the sketch is concerned: i would think that the sketch is more accurate than the other pics. Was the sketch not the original and the composites compiled from the sketch - how do they do it?

i think that idea was discussed a while ago, but the consensus of other dead fans who posted here seemed to be that no one really sits in their seats, so it could be a big help or no help at all :/

I presume a yearbook only contains photos of young people who finished the final year of school????

I presume a yearbook only contains photos of young people who finished the final year of school????

Yearbook photos and information are usually taken for all students who are in their final year early on in the school year and published before graduation. I still appear in my yearbook despite the fact that I did not graduate with my class, and mine also contains students who have moved. A yearbook photo would probably confirm that one started that particular school year, but does not necessarily mean that one completed it.

No, yearbooks generally contain pictures of everyone who was photographed on Picture Day, usually in September-October. This includes all classes (freshman, sophomore, junior, senior)- it is not just for those in their final year. It usually also includes team and club photos, which may feature people who were not in their class photos. Students who moved in/out of the school during the year may or may not be included.

i think that idea was discussed a while ago, but the consensus of other dead fans who posted here seemed to be that no one really sits in their seats, so it could be a big help or no help at all :/

Especially this many years later. Ask me who was sitting near me at the last concert I attended, and I would have no idea. And it was only last year.

I see on GDs facebook page that a new possible match has been submitted, but that it is not possible to state the name at this stage - exciting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member