VA - Grateful Dead Fan - Unidentified male, 26 June 1995 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He would have had to been separated from his family for a while. I say that because he had long hair and the Amish have short hair. It would have taken a few months for his hair to grow that long. Another thing that's been on my mind is that he had great teeth so obviously he took care of them. So where was his toothbrush? I wonder if he had his stuff stored in a bus depot locker or something.

My husband is almost 31 and has excellent teeth. He's never had a cavity and his mom couldn't afford to take him to see a dentist growing up. The only time he's seen a dentist has been since he's been in the military. Some people are just lucky to have great teeth.

Btw, I talked to someone who has seen the pictures os Doe, she said his hair was something like this color

11.jpg
Can you ask her how similar the composites are to what he really looked like?

From the nose and down it's pretty much the same. But from the nose and up it's just everybodys guess, since he was badly injured. I just don't understand why they had a different shirt on him on the new picture

Do you think he might have been Amish and left his family? They found about the accident, called...found out and just let it be?

This is an idea that was tossed around at one point a long time ago briefly. it did stick with me a bit because it would make sense as to why there were not many people looking for him, and maybe why he didn't have traditional ID. but it requires a lot of assumptions. i am not sure how someone could follow that up either.

This is an idea that was tossed around at one point a long time ago briefly. it did stick with me a bit because it would make sense as to why there were not many people looking for him, and maybe why he didn't have traditional ID. but it requires a lot of assumptions. i am not sure how someone could follow that up either.

There is a way to find out if the ME released more details.

I've been reading about the Grateful Dead fan on and off for a few years and boy, do I feel like a dummy. I just figured out that I was at the show on Saturday. I read a post about fans in a tree getting struck by lightening. That's what made the lightbulb 'turn on'.. I remember the fans getting struck.

I didn't have a ticket. My friend did and we ended up just selling (or giving away?) hers and leaving without going to the show. We got there in the late morning (I think) and walked around the parking lot for hours, looking at people, highly decorated VW buses etc. She's the photographer so I've emailed her to pull out her '95 Dead Show photos and take a look at John Doe's recent composite. I may be going to her house next month (she lives in a neighboring state). If I do, I will look her photos.

I've been reading about the Grateful Dead fan on and off for a few years and boy, do I feel like a dummy. I just figured out that I was at the show on Saturday. I read a post about fans in a tree getting struck by lightening. That's what made the lightbulb 'turn on'.. I remember the fans getting struck.

I didn't have a ticket. My friend did and we ended up just selling (or giving away?) hers and leaving without going to the show. We got there in the late morning (I think) and walked around the parking lot for hours, looking at people, highly decorated VW buses etc. She's the photographer so I've emailed her to pull out her '95 Dead Show photos and take a look at John Doe's recent composite. I may be going to her house next month (she lives in a neighboring state). If I do, I will look her photos.

That would be fantastic. I'm holding thumbs!

wonder if there's any chance the fans struck by lightning were in the same group of friends/travelers as our jason doe?

http://archive.org/details/gd95-06-25.sbd.2236.sbefail.shnf

this is a site with reviews from people who were at that show. if you scroll down (or search for the word "lightning") you'll see some posts from people who claim to be knowledgeable about the people who were struck by lightning at that show.

there is also a comment, likely from a wser, asking about our doe.

the comments about the lightning strike indicate three people were playing hacky sack and were struck by lightning. all three survived and are fine, although one was in a coma for a while.

a google search gives the names of the three struck by lightning. it might be worth seeing if there is a contact email....nevermind...stream of consciousness...as i'm searching for more info i came across this page....

http://www.city-data.com/forum/people-search/988112-looking-john-pongel-kira-lee-kristin.html

obviously more wsers going down the same avenue i was. interestingly enough, one of the girls struck by lightning responds and indicates she read the ws thread about our doe but she doesn't indicate that it struck a bell for her..........then i am lead to a thread in the ruled out section that shows me someone else already thought of this whole thing and ruled it out. c'est la vie...ah well, it was worth a shot.

It says Kenneths tattoo was on the left bicep. Doe has a tattoo on the right arm

Sorry! I always think that that star tattoo is between the thumb and indexfinger for some reason, I don't know why

Exclusions:

John Deeny 1953 Minnesota
John Degnan III 1960 Florida
Roger Day 1958 Maine
Paul Egan 1957 Florida
Joseph Gutierrez 1967 Michigan
Henri Maillard V 1973 Washington
Jimmy Robinson 1955 Oklahoma
Keith Sparrow 1972 California
Joseph Spears 1956 Mississippi

How is no one out there missing this young man?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How is no one out there missing this young man?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'Tis a puzzle indeed. But maybe someone is missing him very much. Someone obviously took good care of him as he grew up. Who has a perfect set of teeth without diligent care from the time the teeth first erupt?

Maybe, like many teens, he left home with, "I'm leaving and I'm never coming back!". Maybe his parents hope that any moment now, he'll walk back in the door. "Our boy's not missing."

Maybe he's from outside the US. We don't know if he spoke with an accent, or whether or not he even spoke English, other than a suggestion that he likely understood English from note which he carried in his pocket.

Maybe there are screwups with the missing person report that is preventing NamUS from coming up with a match. Maybe his missing person file has long ago been deleted.

Maybe his parents died, or maybe they are elderly and don't know how to do computer searches. I suspect that hope reigns eternal, and that his parents are simply waiting for him to come home.

In any case, the fact that there hasn't been a match yet might give us some clues in the search for his name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties