VA - Grateful Dead Fan - Unidentified male, 26 June 1995 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Next one is also way too old, he was 30 to 32 years old when he went missing in 1995.
2. John Podniestrzanski (NAMUS MP13982; Doe Ntwk MP1264 DMFL)
Our kid is between 16 and 21 years of age.

Will keep exploring - sorry for all of these posts. I will try something different, the "multiple quote" feature next....

Next one:
3. Donald Jean Belliveau (Doe Ntwk MP3885 DMAB) supposedly went hiking in Canada in the middle of winter-missing since Jan 27, 1995. Aged 28 Hiking in a Canadian winter seems odd to me.

Still too old, IMO, as we are looking for a 16- 21 year-old. Also, too tall, and has black hair. Our kid has light brown...

Next one:
4. Robin Reed- aged 15 (Doe Ntwk MP1293 DMCA) left his family a note saying he felt "unwanted"-LE believes he may have jumped off Golden Gate Bridge, but has never been proven and he has never been found. Missing since Jan. 24, 1995.

He has a scar under his right eye, and black hair, and NamUs shows no scars for our "Jason Doe"... and light brown to blonde hair. So IMO, we can take this one off the list.

Next one:
5. Shawn Hale (Doe NtWk MP4290 dmca; NAMUS MP7546) missing since Nov. 4, 1994- had argument with parent, stormed out of house, and has not been seen since. Age 19 yrs.
He is four inches taller than our guy... but they could have it wrong on Shawn's height. The other features work. So maybe this stays on the short list?

Next one:
6. Milan Grizold (Doe Ntwk MP2258 dmsvn) missing since Nov 27, 1994. Believed to be headed for Singapore. If he was heading for Singapore he obviously had a passport and could have traveled to U.S. I'm not saying he did, but it is possible.
Ahhh, too old by about 8 years, and it says he has green eyes. So I would eliminate him from the possibles...

And last one on your list:
7. Robert John Bornos (NAMUS MP1722) missing since 4/19/1993. was at a family gathering, claimed he felt ill, and stepped outside for air. He seemingly vanished into the air. His abandoned vehicle was found a week later approximately 7 miles away from the home.
he would have been 27 years old in 1995, and our Doe is 16 - 21, so I would say no go on this one.

You did a great job finding possibles, rainwater - and one could maybe stay on the list for further investigation. If they got the height of Shawn Hale wrong. :seeya: :twocents: Hope that helped!

Welcome to Ws. llg and rainwater! You guys are really getting this search for Jason rock n rolling!

Would Jason Does family members have been entitled to a wrongful death suit because the driver failed to maintain control of the van? I remember everyone being afraid of getting sued.

I posted them under the "Robert Houk" thread on the "Possible Matches" page. I am very new at this and apologize if I posted them in the wrong place. I would like to hear other opinions from more experienced WS members on any of the 7 young men suggested. I am not saying that any of them are Jason, but none of their names appear on the rule out list. I tried to include the reason that that particular person caught my attention.

I am taking Jason's height as an estimate, so I did include some people who are listed as being taller. AS someone posted earlier, the fact that it has been almost 20 years and Jason is still uid is also making me wonder if something in the description is way off.

To me, it's a bit of a problem to determine Jason Doe's hair color. On the reconstructed Photos of him it clearly looks red to me, a lot of possible match suggestions on WS are red haired men but it says "Brown" on Jason Doe's Namus file? Is this not correct? On Doe Network it says his hair was Light brown to dark blond.
I think it would be a great help if we could know the actual hair color. The person stating that he/she either saw the morgue Photos or knew someone who did (now it's getting far out!) said that the hair looked as if it may have been dyed maybe red - and then faded.

I think this is a huge problem. If his hair was indeed dyed when I went missing and the color then washed out, then I supposed the missing person would be described with the dyed hair color.
I know that many Jason's have been suggested, regardless of hair color (at least I have seen many with red har, some with Brown and even a few with Black hair) but if we assume his name was not Jason and we also can't trust the hair color... ugh I don't know, it seems difficult!!

Forgive me if this has been discussed throroughly (I know it has been talked about) but I really can't dismiss the fact as bein unimportant since all possible matches seem to turn out not to be Jason Doe.

Next one:

Still too old, IMO, as we are looking for a 16- 21 year-old. Also, too tall, and has black hair. Our kid has light brown...

Next one:

He has a scar under his right eye, and black hair, and NamUs shows no scars for our "Jason Doe"... and light brown to blonde hair. So IMO, we can take this one off the list.

Next one:

He is four inches taller than our guy... but they could have it wrong on Shawn's height. The other features work. So maybe this stays on the short list?

Next one:

Ahhh, too old by about 8 years, and it says he has green eyes. So I would eliminate him from the possibles...

And last one on your list:

he would have been 27 years old in 1995, and our Doe is 16 - 21, so I would say no go on this one.

You did a great job finding possibles, rainwater - and one could maybe stay on the list for further investigation. If they got the height of Shawn Hale wrong. :seeya: :twocents: Hope that helped!
I wouldn't totally rule out a person based on age as long as it's somebody not too much older than 30. If Doe had erupted wisdom teeth I think it's unlikely he was 16!! I will just see if I can confirm that his wisdom teeth were erupted and how many. If all of them were I think we are looking at somebody over 25 yrs.
And 27 is not that old, it would still match the description of clothes, shoes, etc.

Of course I can't find anything about those teeth, but I do remember something. I will have to search some more I suppose! That being said I think the age 16-21 is weird and I would love to know why they believe that is his age. I just don't think we should rule out anybody based on that.

IMO a person changes more between the age of 16-21 than 21-29 so yeah... it's just MOO that Jason could easily be over 21.

Of course I can't find anything about those teeth, but I do remember something. I will have to search some more I suppose! That being said I think the age 16-21 is weird and I would love to know why they believe that is his age. I just don't think we should rule out anybody based on that.

IMO a person changes more between the age of 16-21 than 21-29 so yeah... it's just MOO that Jason could easily be over 21.

I just tried to post message with a link but it disappeared. It says on Jason Doe's Doe Network page that all third molars were "completely" erupted. Personally I don't know anyone under 25 with all molars COMPLETELY erupted.

So maybe both his age and hair color is off and that isn't really helping..

To me, it's a bit of a problem to determine Jason Doe's hair color. On the reconstructed Photos of him it clearly looks red to me, a lot of possible match suggestions on WS are red haired men but it says "Brown" on Jason Doe's Namus file? Is this not correct? On Doe Network it says his hair was Light brown to dark blond.
I think it would be a great help if we could know the actual hair color. The person stating that he/she either saw the morgue Photos or knew someone who did (now it's getting far out!) said that the hair looked as if it may have been dyed maybe red - and then faded.

I think this is a huge problem. If his hair was indeed dyed when I went missing and the color then washed out, then I supposed the missing person would be described with the dyed hair color.
I know that many Jason's have been suggested, regardless of hair color (at least I have seen many with red har, some with Brown and even a few with Black hair) but if we assume his name was not Jason and we also can't trust the hair color... ugh I don't know, it seems difficult!!

Forgive me if this has been discussed throroughly (I know it has been talked about) but I really can't dismiss the fact as bein unimportant since all possible matches seem to turn out not to be Jason Doe.

Here's what has been confirmed, if it helps:
He had light hair—probably dark blonde or light brown—dyed red. He is often reported as having “natural red hair” and in his morgue picture he has red hair. However, his real hair is not red. His left ear was pierced, though he had no earring in it at the time
Good details on this site in narrative format: http://gonemissinginny.com/2012/12/31/grateful-doe-caledonia-jane-ask-the-question/

Hope that helps some! :)

I wouldn't totally rule out a person based on age as long as it's somebody not too much older than 30. If Doe had erupted wisdom teeth I think it's unlikely he was 16!! I will just see if I can confirm that his wisdom teeth were erupted and how many. If all of them were I think we are looking at somebody over 25 yrs.
And 27 is not that old, it would still match the description of clothes, shoes, etc.

Could be. But for this 27-year-old, Robert John Bornos, he has "a tattoo of a heart on his left arm" so that eliminates him on that basis, too.

Hope that helps some :)

Would Jason Does family members have been entitled to a wrongful death suit because the driver failed to maintain control of the van? I remember everyone being afraid of getting sued.

This is interesting. I often wondered if some of Jason's possessions that would help identify him got mixed up in the driver's stuff. My understanding of the accident is there would be things spread all over the place. As the driver was returning from college, the family might have assumed some of the stuff was his, because who knows what a college kids owns? Seems unlikely Jason was traveling without any possession. Not even a sweatshirt? A change of clothes? His clothes look pretty clean...I don't think the family would have deliberately not disclosed about Jason's stuff. But, if there was a fear of a lawsuit?

One note: I think the height of 68" is probably very accurate. They had is body to measure at the coroner's office, and they are usually very accurate with that, I believe, IMO...

I am not sure of the nature of his injuries, but, if he had compression fractures in the legs or spine, his height might be shorter. People can lose an inch-4 inches with certain types of injuries.

I just tried to post message with a link but it disappeared. It says on Jason Doe's Doe Network page that all third molars were "completely" erupted. Personally I don't know anyone under 25 with all molars COMPLETELY erupted.

So maybe both his age and hair color is off and that isn't really helping..

A lot of dead heads or "hippies" use henna hair coloring. It was really, really popular at the time. It is more organic, so it definitely would not be like typical hair dye. Henna can make some very interesting hair colors ranging from orange to red to dark brown and anywhere in between.

This is interesting. I often wondered if some of Jason's possessions that would help identify him got mixed up in the driver's stuff. My understanding of the accident is there would be things spread all over the place. As the driver was returning from college, the family might have assumed some of the stuff was his, because who knows what a college kids owns? Seems unlikely Jason was traveling without any possession. Not even a sweatshirt? A change of clothes? His clothes look pretty clean...I don't think the family would have deliberately not disclosed about Jason's stuff. But, if there was a fear of a lawsuit?

I am not sure of the nature of his injuries, but, if he had compression fractures in the legs or spine, his height might be shorter. People can lose an inch-4 inches with certain types of injuries.

A lot of dead heads or "hippies" use henna hair coloring. It was really, really popular at the time. It is more organic, so it definitely would not be like typical hair dye. Henna can make some very interesting hair colors ranging from orange to red to dark brown and anywhere in between.

In 1995 my nieces were using koolaid to tint their hair red. It was 10 cent a pack and lasted about 2 weeks.

In my teenage yrs I dyed my hair Black and when the color faded, it actually looked red. Almost like burgundy but definitely a red hue. I dyed it jet-black so it was a big surprise for me. It was supermarket color, most often L'oreal. When I decided to let it all grow out I got to see just how much it faded and I feel like maybe Jason's could have been dyed Black. Unfortunately I don't remember how much time it took for the Black to turn red, but maybe 3-6 months.

That's why I think it's great that a person with dyed Black hair was also suggested as a possible match at some point. I think it's possible he could have had Black hair and just decided to let it grow/fade out.

What if a person had very blonde hair that became saturated with (and I am sorry to suggest this, but..) blood from the accident, could the presumably lightly washed hair appear to be stained red ?

What if a person had very blonde hair that became saturated with (and I am sorry to suggest this, but..) blood from the accident, could the presumably lightly washed hair appear to be stained red ?
Nah. They wash the bodies very thoroughly and test hair samples.

I know the description says blond-brown and Jason's was dyed red with colorant. Some blond hair has lots of natural red highlights. Depending on the natural or artificial lighting the hair could appear a slightly different color.
I had a male friend in college who was a hardcore GD fan and he bears a truly stunning resemblance to the first reconstructions of Jason , including height( I don't think he is Jason, though). My friend had blond-brown hair, but in the sunlight it appeared a strawberry blond color. He also looked younger than he actually was., in 1995 he would have been slightly over thirty. I will do some research on his full name to rule him out as Jason, just to be sure.

I know the description says blond-brown and Jason's was dyed red with colorant. Some blond hair has lots of natural red highlights. Depending on the natural or artificial lighting the hair could appear a slightly different color.
I had a male friend in college who was a hardcore GD fan and he bears a truly stunning resemblance to the first reconstructions of Jason , including height( I don't think he is Jason, though). My friend had blond-brown hair, but in the sunlight it appeared a strawberry blond color. He also looked younger than he actually was., in 1995 he would have been slightly over thirty. I will do some research on his full name to rule him out as Jason, just to be sure.
That's great! I think anything is possible and maybe something might lead to a clue and eventually solve Jason's case.

Thanks!!

I know the possibility that Jason was Amish/Mennonite has been mentioned before. What if Jason was from a Canadian Mennonite or Canadian Amish area? The Hutterites have settlements in Canada also. There is also a very historic communal type living place in Iowa. Want me to look into those as a possibility? Has anyone else already looked into that? Maybe he was Irish traveller?
That might explain why noone has come forward to identify him. I am starting to think something is off-over 204 ruleouts and counting seems like a huge amount. I am sure I am not the only one who occasionally dreams about this case, either.
I will post about my college friend (the Jason Doe lookalike) in the near future as soon I know something definite.

Hello. I spent most of my adult life in Richmond, VA before moving to WV (one year detour to Charlotte, NC in 1998).

I'll ask my question first and then explain why I'm asking:

Has anyone been able to obtain and review high school yearbooks for 93, 94, 95 for Lawrenceville (Virginia) HS? I tried looking on Classmates.com, but the "newest" yearbook they have is from the 70s.

I have an unusual job and travel extensively by car, averaging 40k to 50k per year. From June of 87 until November of 97, Emporia was part of my territory.

I had not heard about Jason Doe until a year or so ago, which greatly surprises me. Richmond is right between NoVA and Emporia, and I was in and out of Emporia, South Hill, South Boston, Halifax, Lawrenceville, etc all the time. I was in Gloucester quite a bit, too.

Lots of people have asked "Why would the driver go 95 to 58 to 85? Why not go straight over to 85?"

One reason would be if he needed to drop Jason off somewhere between 95 and 85 on route 58. The next county over from the accident is Brunswick. As far as I know, there was only one public high school in Brunswick county at the time. Brunswick HS in Lawrenceville (or maybe just outside of Lawrenceville).

I *think* that Brunswick runs right up to 85 on 58... although a wee bit of Mecklenburg might sneak in the last few miles.

The original sketch was a good faith effort, but seems to have been not very good in terms of specific facial recognition, it is entirely possible that locals didn't see the reports or if they did, didn't recognize him - particularly since he was initially reported to be a red head. If he had recently graduated from high school, people might not have even noticed that he was gone.

The Richmond, Norfolk/Va Beach, Suffolk, and Roanoke papers were dailies back then and any of the four might have been the paper of choice for locals. The county and small city papers were usually 1x or 3x a week. I'm not sure if this would have initially made the big city papers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GoldenGirl1971