VA - Gret Glyer, DonorSee Founder & CEO, Found Murdered, Fairfax

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

airportwoman

Reaction score
Long story made short: I became acquainted with him through his You Tube channel, which detailed his charity work in Malawi, and read his wonderful (albeit short) book. He was a Facebook friend, and the story actually popped up on a local TV news feed where I live, in Iowa!

This story says his wife came home and found their door unlocked and him dead, and their two children were apparently unharmed.

This is the organization he founded.

These articles seem to state the entire family was home when 911 was called just before 3am. I didn’t see anything that made me think the wife arrived home in the middle of the night. I’m obviously curious about what she has to say. It seems…. unusual that someone would break in and kill just him.

There are several possibilities that come to mind. Total speculation and IMO only.

One, someone was disgruntled with him professionally, perhaps over money or drugs.

Two, his wife was somehow involved, perhaps a lover on the side sort of thing.

Three, his wife was being abused in some way, or the kids were being abused, so she either killed him or had him killed.

Four, random occurrence.

To me, four seems unlikely at best. If I had to bet money, I would probably go with the wife I suppose, because that’s how these things tend to go in general. Hopefully it’s more along the lines of option one and the person is caught quickly.

Another option came to mind. It’s possible he was having an affair. Disgruntled spouse or girlfriend.

So the last article above says he was shot in bed. I’m assuming the wife should have a vague description of the assailant, no? Unless she was actually out late and came home to find him shot.

They have two babies one 6 months and one 22 months old according to the Daily Mail article which I can't link on my phone. I hope his wife is not suffering from postpartum depression and acted irrationally. Sad story.

This story says that the local police had received multiple calls from their neighborhood in recent days, because someone was breaking into cars. I have no idea if this might be related.

These articles seem to state the entire family was home when 911 was called just before 3am. I didn’t see anything that made me think the wife arrived home in the middle of the night. I’m obviously curious about what she has to say. It seems…. unusual that someone would break in and kill just him.

He was the target for sure and I’ve heard of this happening with family at home that we’re not involved. There’s no mention of anything taken and with a crime rate like this place has, a random act seems unlikely.

There is supposed to be a presser in a few minutes.

Well the ads wouldn't stop so I am not able to watch the presser. Sigh.

It will be interesting to find out how the perp knew the victim.

Right. Very curious as to whether it stemmed from something personal or something professional.

“At a press conference Wednesday, police said Glyer was asleep in bed when he was shot multiple times by Danehower. His wife was asleep next to him at the time of the shooting.”

Wow.

The open back door that LE said they found when they arrived is a stand out. Was it already open or broken into?

What a relief that they don't think she was involved. So often, a spouse or SO is.

Joshua Danehower's Facebook is easy to find. There are common FB friends within the Danehower and Glyer families.

Also, at one point, Joshua Danehower and Gret Glyer lived 9.2 miles from one another in Chantilly, VA.

Joshua Danehower's Facebook is easy to find. There are common FB friends within the Danehower and Glyer families.

Also, at one point, Joshua Danehower and Gret Glyer lived 9.2 miles from one another in Chantilly, VA.

Good info. Just be mindful of FB sources as I’m not sure if they are allowed.

The page appears to have been taken down.

Does anyone else think the suspect looks a LOT older than 33?

So the suspect is described as a current employee of Fed Ex and was arrested at (or on his way to) his workplace at the Dulles Airport. Suspect in nonprofit CEO's murder arrested at Dulles Airport

But I believe (based on how similar the pic on this page is to the mugshot of the man arrested for GG’s murder) that this is his LinkedIn account: https://www.linkedin.com/in/joshuadanehower

And that LinkedIn page seems to show Danehower as having been primarily employed in the much more prestigious-sounding field of banking and financial services—purely speculatively, I wonder if GG hired him to do some work for his nonprofit and either was displeased with his services OR suspected Danehower of engaging in financial malfeasance/shady stuff and ultimately caused Danehower to have to change careers?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mzrowdy
Back