VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does MH have a thread here? Like, did WS follow her disappearance?

While doing DNA testing for Hannah's presence, I would think the police could run the samples through their files as well and see if they could get a match. I do not know what Virginia's laws are on that, but in some states, it is permitted to run DNA test on samples of things against what are in the files. Just too bad if you leave your cigarette butt or have something to drink and leave enough trace to run a test. I don't think that LE can go after a person specifically and force that person to give up a DNA sample without some cause, but they can run DNA tests on things with impunity. Correct me please, if I am wrong.

He may have left his license in the vehicle that got towed.

Ahhhhhhhhh, thanks. What day did he go to police station again? What was date of DMV photo? Perhaps he went to the police station to retrieve articles such as that and was refused....

But then again, he was speeding away from the police station so... hmmmm, :thinking:

Ahhhhhhhhh, thanks. What day did he go to police station again? What was date of DMV photo? Perhaps he went to the police station to retrieve articles such as that and was refused....

But then again, he was speeding away from the police station so... hmmmm, :thinking:

I believe he went to the DMV on Friday, and the police station on Saturday.

IMO, the wanted poster looks nothing like the photo of him looking down from his FB page. I would have never been able to tell that they were the same person. JMO

This is true, but they can't use it without a warrant, and they also can't use it unless it comes directly from JM himself. Moo, of course!
they can use it but not in a court of law without a documented chain of possession. They can eliminate a suspect or keep him/her as a player as part of their own investigation.

I hope this case gets reclassified and put under the juristiction of the state police or FBI. Everything from before can be taken as leads. I think it's been tainted with bias. We've got a missing girl, a "POI", potential defamation of the POI, arguable railroading and isolation/intimidation of the witness, and accusational statements being made by the Police department handling the case. To make matters worse, a possible suspect has fled the area. This makes me sick. I understand the reasons for everything said and done so far. Nevertheless, hand it over to the FBI before this gets ruined any further.

I think it was ascertained he didn't speed away from the station as previously thought but from a house 15 min later?

See my above post. I think they can do this IF they find HG. But to just do DNA willy nilly on JM does not sound legal.

While doing DNA testing for Hannah's presence, I would think the police could run the samples through their files as well and see if they could get a match. I do not know what Virginia's laws are on that, but in some states, it is permitted to run DNA test on samples of things against what are in the files. Just too bad if you leave your cigarette butt or have something to drink and leave enough trace to run a test. I don't think that LE can go after a person specifically and force that person to give up a DNA sample without some cause, but they can run DNA tests on things with impunity. Correct me please, if I am wrong.

what did the landlady say??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

also the fbi flyer says between 5'9 and 6 that is a huge difference than 6'2 thats like if he was only 5'2

Well I know that for years my License had the wrong height on it. They made the mistake and it took me a while to notice. I kept it that way for years. ANd FYI all of that info comes from the individual anyway. I could write on my license app that I was 6 foot and I bet they would put it on there. They don't look at height and weight as much as you think at the DMV.

I hope you are not comparing reckless driving with a traffic infraction. Vehicular manslaughter is also technically a "traffic violation".

Thus far, the way this young man is behaving is very odd to me. He refuses to come forward. He fails to talk. He doesn't make his FB private or get rid of it. Instead he replaces his pictures with odd black squares. He drives recklessly, endangering the public, when LE is trailing him.

This sounds more like the behavior of certain POI's in other cases before they were arrested. Like scott peterson, for example. This is not typical of how innocent people behave. Regardless of race.

Oh goody you're here.
I agree.
This thread is moving fast, you may not catch my question, but if you do...what is your opinion regarding the POI going to the DVM to renew his license on 9/19/14?

Maybe I'm naive but cases are routinely solved on Investigation Discovery by matching DNA to items in trashcans or discarded cigarette butts with no warrant...
Absolutely, but my understanding is that these samples come directly from a suspect or POI, and are then used to obtain a warrant to get DNA directly from said person. In my opinion, it would be difficult to use trash can samples, for example, in a court of law, but they are very helpful for getting a warrant. Moo.

Maybe is license was in his car? But here in SC, they usually do not take a new photo?

He might have noticed that he lost his driver's license. Some people are notoriously bad at hanging onto their things, including ID. Did he go to DMV after police searched his car and place? He's been in so much trouble for not having driver documentation that he might finally have gotten through his head that he had better have all his paper work and ID and that he could have charges filed for driving around without a license if he can't locate his. Too bad for him, he didn't think about not driving recklessly from the PD.

A hunch about what? JM? How is that possible?

The trouble with that is that JLM Jr has gained about 50 lbs since 2005. When that sketch was updated in 2010, by the FBI, I thought. That looks like they redrew the new sketch from a none suspect. I feel that way even more so today. I think they've had a hunch for a very long time. Maybe not but that revised sketch looked too cleaned up. The original may be more accurate to the witness' recollection and what that man looked like NINE years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuLuWooWoo