VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Discussions end in agreements. We are not done discussing. It's useful to have points of view before coming to an agreement. Decisions made in haste are never good ones.

discussing ones opinions whether it's sports ,politics or a crime mostly likely don't end in agreement unless all parties agree to disagree,imo.

I'm a thousand pages behind. Hunger, sleep & a job keep getting in my way.

If this has been covered, please excuse my eagerness to share it. National media is covering the Wanted Poster. A Wanted Poster for reckless driving. :scared:

If it were me, I'd be in another country, and Interpol would be after me for my reckless driving, I'm sure.

I have to admit, this is truly bizarre. Longo is saying on CNN that he just found out about the last search warrant a few minutes ago. WHAT?!

He was not provided with an attorney. He was able to meet with one at the PD. It is unclear if that attorney was able to be retained. So as of right now he may not have an attorney.

JM WAS provided an attorney. JM spoke to that attorney for about an hour. JM left the PD without speaking to LE. Longo would NOT release the name of the attorney because he didn't know if JM had retained the attorney.

Those are the facts straight from Longo at a press conference.

I don't think it means anything necessarily. I am sure they are doing way more than just DNA analysis and often they can't all be done at the same time and there is an order because one test can ruin it for another. Sure, if you are just matching prints, you may get results fast, or just DNA. But, if you are checking for useable prints, trace, hair and fiber, DNA, fluids, etc, then it takes many people and many tests that cannot all be done at the same time. And they prefer to get all results back before acting on them.
This could very well be true and I think we agree regarding the process. The basis of my speculation is that had there been a hit already, it seems to me that an arrest warrant for a major charge against JM would likely have followed immediately, IMO. I guess I don't see the point in waiting for all results if any of them came back as a match for HG.

Don't you think if they had that evidence there would be no reason to be so adamant and brazen? He would announce an arrest and then put on the show for the media...

Not really,,,I'm sure they have substantial evidence,,,
But Longoria pointed out that the wanted a CONVICTIOn..
Which in most cases requires substantive, definitive evidence...not just really good circumstantial evidence...
He knows a good case can be made on circumstantial evidence alone but wants to ensure a conviction based on actual facts and concrete evidence,,,
That's why such an impassioned plea to find Hannah...
Once she's found..circumstantial evidence alone won't be necessary for a conviction ...and the perp would have little chance of acquittal ....
Sadly as long as they don't have Hannah, the more difficult it is to guarantee a conviction...
I am sure that LE has more than enough to build a great case using circumstantial evidence...but wit forensics tests coming back tomorrow and committed searchers they may not have to rely on circumstantial..but will be able to win a conviction based on indisputable concrete facts that point to guilt...
I wish them well in this endeavour and send prayers of strength to Hannah's family and friends and all of us here at Ws who genuinely care...may justice be done for precious, lovely Hannah....

Reporters have asked this at the last two PC's. Police I believe have said no not to our knowledge or no we have no reason to believe there was a pre existing relationship between them. One thing that's makes me doubt they knew each other is when he is cutting across the middle to follow her she is right there and you would think they would notice each other right there.
What? Really? A reporter asked what did WG hear or see between the two videos as JM caught up to HG and they started walking together? I didn't read that anywhere.

How did LE respond?

Okay, I'll unload all m'thoughts real quick because I'm having a hard time keeping up! I'd like to start by saying that I am a huge advocates of rights for the accused and based on prior personal experience, I am very wary of police. I don't think you can judge or make assumptions about someone if you don't know their journey or if you've never been in their situation. On top of that, individuals are indeed individuals and they all handle things differently.

There's been so much talk of whether or not JM should speak with police, why or why not, and if so, under what conditions. I mean, I wish he would come forward. I think he should. But I can completely understand why he hasn't. I don't want him to be guilty of anything other than buying a girl a drink. I want him to come forward and clear his name because if he didn't do it but chooses to stays silent for the rest of his life, this is going to haunt him forever and I hate to think of an innocent person going through that. It might just be me, but this dude seems like a nice guy. Just going off my personal vibes. He seems like someone that wouldn't have anything to do with this and I want to believe that. I want him to come forward and say where she went and have a hard rock alibi. I truly believe that if he really knew NOTHING, he would have said something by now, I really do, just because of how friends and family have described him. It's a conflicting picture.

And I don't think police were out of line for confirming his identity or stating they want to speak with him. I know some of y'all don't agree, but I think they've handled the whole situation with him well and trust that they're doing best with what they have and know, including all of the things we don't. JM has a responsibility for himself, so I understand that he is doing what he is doing for himself. And police have a responsibility to the victim and I can understand that they are doing what they are doing for HG. I have a hard time because my whole life I've been guilty of feeling empathy for pretty much everyone, even when I don't want to. Anyone else this way?

I think Hannah is dead so I want him to be guilty because if he isn't guilty then I think the trail could go cold.

You left out "cognitive dissonance" as a reason some folks think he is innocent. JMO.

And most of us don't necessarily think he's innocent, we just haven't seen evidence to convince us he's guilty of anything more than trying to score with a drunk coed. Which isn't good, but isn't abduction or murder, either.

I'm still not counting out that she might have been sold into sex trafficking BUT with as much press as there has been now I'm not sure.

My problem with the sex trafficking theory is that HG seems like a poor choice for a crime ring to snatch. Middle-class, Caucasian, and likely to be remembered later on by witnesses (as we've seen). I know very little about sex trafficking, but logically I'd imagine the ideal target would be someone who wasn't likely to be missed for a while or remembered by potential witnesses.

JM WAS provided an attorney. JM spoke to that attorney for about an hour. JM left the PD without speaking to LE. Longo would NOT release the name of the attorney because he didn't know if JM had retained the attorney.

Those are the facts straight from Longo at a press conference.

The person I was replying to was insinuating that JM was provided and now had an attorney. That is not a fact that we know. He was not "provided" one...one was called for him to consult with, that is all.

I said bon soir to you ages ago!! Go to sleep!
btw, is it supposed to be bon soir or bonne nuit? Or something else?

Bonne nuit good night/sleep well
Bonsoir good evening :)
yes I am now closing computer

I'm a thousand pages behind. Hunger, sleep & a job keep getting in my way.

If this has been covered, please excuse my eagerness to share it. National media is covering the Wanted Poster. A Wanted Poster for reckless driving. :scared:

If it were me, I'd be in another country, and Interpol would be after me for my reckless driving, I'm sure.

I have to admit, this is truly bizarre. Longo is saying on CNN that he just found out about the last search warrant a few minutes ago. WHAT?!

As for the warrant, I guess it's because he's the chief not the detective. Does the detective need to clear every SW application with him? I mean it's a high profile case, but maybe he takes a hands off approach and lets them work, but keep him updated. Not sure. Jmo.

What? Really? A reporter asked what did WG hear or see between the two videos as JM caught up to HG and they started walking together? I didn't read that anywhere.

How did LE respond?

No I'm talking about the reporters have asked LE if HG and JM knew each other. That's what I was talking about

I've read some posts theorizing sex trafficking. What evidence leads to this conclusion?

It's for the same reason that 'illegal adoption' always comes up when a baby goes missing: it's more palatable than 'raped, murdered, and thrown away like trash' in the minds of many. Sadly, after following so many cases at WS I am not much of a believer in either the sex trafficking or illegal adoption theories. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NeonGhostWolf