VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I swear I don't know wth I am looking at in those videos

Neither do I. And I find it difficult to believe that anyone can pick anyone else out from these videos unless they are told what they are looking for. I don't believe that JM's grandmotehr picked him out from that footage. She has to be elderly enough that her eyes would not be able to pick out anyone.

Amen - I have two college students (son & daughter) - and this case has many lessons and things to discuss with them. I also think, that college students are not as suspicious as say the average working person out and about late at night. They feel "safe" as they go about in groups - and then become separated (usually due to alcohol - Natalie Holloway) - and they also seem to want to think the best of everyone and not believe a stranger would try to hurt them. This is just moo - based on talks with my daughter and her college friends.

As a teen and early 20's I was super street smart in big cities, but in my mid-20's I did some crazy stuff I'm surprised I came through unscathed.

I wonder if he was applying for an international driver's license? It can be used instead of a passport.

Not for travel in lieu of a passport. For ID, yes. I got my International Driver's License through AAA to drive in Europe.

Not just difficult. Almost impossible. Lori Hacking's body was found after two straight months of digging and they knew exactly what part of the massive landfill to look in. It took 16 days to find Jennifer Blagg, using global positioning technology, landfill logs, a grid system and zeroing in on quadrants where investigators believed they'd find trash from the killer's company. But the little girl, Abby, age 6, was never found. She remains in the trash heap.

They knew about where Jhessye Shockley's body would likely be found in the landfill. Her body was searched for in the landfill for months, She has never been found.

And Jahi Turner, over 12 years ago in San Diego.

The most extensive landfill search in SD history was at the Miramar Landfill looking for Jahi (presumed killed by his stepfather and thrown into a dumpster).

http://www.missingpersonsofamerica.com/2014/01/jahi-turner-todder-went-missing-from.html

Awhile back, a very controversial (and outspoken) PI who inserts himself into every high profile missing person case in the San Diego (whether hired or not) and is known for alienating many of those who do hire him for spreading misinformation (the Amber Dubois case is great illustration) has said that he has information Jahi was put in a different dumpster that went to a different landfill, but...hard to know. And with the other landfill already having been the largest search ever here, and it being well over a decade ago, it's unlikely it'll be revisited to see and so the talk of searching the other dies down again.

I hope it doesn't become an issue in this case with Hannah! :(

We don't even know if have JM's DNA. And if they do have it, did they have a warrant? Can they match it, or try to, to something and announce it, if they didn't have a warrant to get it? Or will they get a warrant after the fact? What would they have of his that they could be sure it was his DNA? Were the allowed to remove personal bathroom items?

Wow, people sure do love to hate on the dailymail.co.uk I am noticing. I understand it may not be "validated" such as Reuters or something. However, I will say this...10 years ago college professors would fail you if they found out you used Wikipedia as a source in your research. Now, it is considered a valid place to acquire facts accepted and encouraged by professors. I just want to say hat tip to anyone who was down there asking questions to grandma, no matter if you are a blogger for an unknown news site. hat tip...

BBM. Not in my world. I'm a researcher, albeit in specific domains. We look at the DM, & Wikipedia, sometimes, for starters, then follow up quoted references & other links .... OT, methinks, however.

Neither do I. And I find it difficult to believe that anyone can pick anyone else out from these videos unless they are told what they are looking for. I don't believe that JM's grandmotehr picked him out from that footage. She has to be elderly enough that her eyes would not be able to pick out anyone.

I wasn't told what to look for but saw Dreads very quickly. Some people are good at separating visual signal from visual noise. I'm horrible at listening to radio transmissions and separating audio signal from noise. It just sounds like, "murmur murmer white noise pancakes wha wha bravo-1 zeta niner fppppppp fffffffttttttt" and then I read a transcript of what was said and suddenly the sound snaps into focus for me. Lots of individual variance. Not that I think grandma picked him out from the video. I think a reporter figured out who the POI was and called her.

I really think Longo is hoping this case launches his career in politics or perhaps as a correspondent for a national media outlet. Maybe a book deal. There is absolutely no reason he needs to be all over the national media. So much of the discussion is revolving around his behavior, not what happened to Hannah. I do think the theatrics in the PC was done on purpose to attract attention, and it worked. The look for him in the "four corners and beyond" and "disappeared off the face of this Earth" was just bait to turn a local story into an international affair.

It just seems too self-congratulatory for a case where the victim is still missing, and there has been no arrests.

BBM. I agree fully. He suspects or knows something is what I am getting here. He is really counting on those forensic results. They seem awfully directed to me, like he knew what to seek from that car, the apartment even before he went ou there. There is a big piece missing here that LE is not sharing with us.

I don't think he is as sure of JM as he is about what he's going to find from the forensic results from that car. JM is making it very easy for LE to tag him. He certainly is NOT acting like an innocent man, and things do not look good for him. But what gets me is that Longo doesn't seem to be as concerned about getting JM's story anyways. Like he has something in the bag, and it seems to be in that car.

'
Want to bet the POI was following the case the entirely time through the media.

I suspect we will find that is the case. When he wasn't packing.

Oh, my...I never thought about the possibility of that "lost" text being typed earlier and saved in draft. I've spent a whole lot of time dwelling on that, and now it may not even be what it originally appeared to be. Hmmm. If THAT wasn't the last text, I wonder what was written on the REAL last text? And I would love to know what types of responses she was getting from her friends, if any at all. Were they giving her directions at all?

BBM. I agree fully. He suspects or knows something is what I am getting here. He is really counting on those forensic results. They seem awfully directed to me, like he knew what to seek from that car, the apartment even before he went ou there. There is a big piece missing here that LE is not sharing with us.

I don't think he is as sure of JM as he is about what he's going to find from the forensic results from that car. JM is making it very easy for LE to tag him. He certainly is NOT acting like an innocent man, and things do not look good for him. But what gets me is that Longo doesn't seem to be as concerned about getting JM's story anyways. Like he has something in the bag, and it seems to be in that car.

I sure hope LE has something big they are not sharing with us...

Not if he has gained confidence by going undetected in the past. He might have developed a false arrogance even. Didn't Dahmer convince a PO that a panicked naked victim was really just his bf? I may be wrong about that because I don't know much about Dahmer but I remember some unbelievable story like that.

No, you're right. They thought it was a domestic and sent the poor guy back with him, naked and handcuffed. I guess it's plausible. Still doesn't feel right to me but I appreciate your point.

Updated article.

"I believe Jesse Matthew was the last person she was seen with before she vanished off the face of the Earth because it's been a week and we can't find her," Charlottesville police Chief Timothy Longo said. "I've made no mistake about it. We want to talk to Jesse Matthew. We want to talk to him. We want to talk to him about his interaction with this sweet, young girl we can't find."

Read more: http://www.wjla.com/articles/2014/0...matthew-s-apartment-107385.html#ixzz3E6J0Ksz3
Follow us: @ABC7News on Twitter | WJLATV on Facebook

It's that time again.

A new thread is coming right up. This one will close in 10 minutes.

Though I agree that it's difficult to prove a murder without a body, wasn't there a recent case in the area of a young woman disappearing and there was a conviction, murder one even I believe. Alexis Murphy case. Not familiar with the details, but I do recall that she was not found. Famous case of Lacy Peterson proceded without a body, though it did eventually surface with a conviction for her husband Scott Peterson.

I really think the key is the car. Longo seems confident that forensics is going to come up with something from the car, and I get the feeling that he thinks it's going to be something big. There is mention, I found that the car shows up on some footage, but it's never shown, from what I could see, and not much info given as to what LE saw. Something they saw has them hot about that car. I think the car led them to JM instead of the video and info on JM to the car.

my understanding is that witness saw them together at tempos drinking and saw them walk out together and moments later people saw his car drive away and that police thnk she was in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustMe196503