VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A few things to comment on...

Social Security # on Wanted Poster - I don't believe I've seen anyone mention that there's a very good possibility that whatever they put on that poster was completely purposeful and was NOT his social. Think about how many more views a poster like that would have if people tossed around the notion that the cops goofed and put a social security # on it.

Another option, same topic, is possible a plot to get him to come in. Spark some anger in him that "Hey! You put my SS# out there for the world to see!"... it would make me want to go talk to or call someone that messed up like that.

My personal opinion is that whatever # was on there was in fact on purpose.

Other topic... re: specific items went to look for (and then found) in apartment... possible they needed some additional items that would provide more DNA? (i.e. toothbrush, comb, razor, etc). I think that if they saw or found something on their first search they thought they might want, they'd take it, just in case. I doubt there would be items they just plain didn't find the first time, they looked through that whole place very carefully. So I'd guess they have learned something new based on conversations or searches that reminded them of something they saw in the apartment that is now useful to them.

Question for mods:

I normally agree with everything you say!
However, here it seems that a possible link to the MH suspect could be incredibly vital in the HG case.
IF the arrest warrant for reckless driving somehow gives LE the grounds to obtain DNA, AND they find a match with MH suspect, that changes this whole case--right? (not saying this will happen--I have my doubts...but I would think they would at least want to rule it out...)

ooops....I'm not a mod. Just bumping up the post of a mod....also, you can ask mod questions, privately. Hope that helps...

I'd be really surprised if they were allowed to take DNA for reckless driving

My guess is that one of the things that LE would want to get from JM's apartment and personal effects is something that would allow them to run DNA tests to see if it matched up with anything in their files, as well as hoping to find some of Hannah Graham's DNA. If a match for anything comes up, he will likely have to give up his DNA.

BBM:

Gee, thanks. Glad I took time out of my day on my work break to conduct these high tech forensic glove experiments.

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

You did it for the team!!!! :) But seriously, I think the gloves belonged to LE, not JM. :)

DMV on 9/19/14

A Volunteer Driving Instructor ?

'
BBM..he may have been at DMV because his license was suspended due to unpaid fines/court costs/unpaid personal property taxes. If he did have a suspended license, knowing that LE was on his tail and that he would be driving and was known to have driven on the night of HG's disappearance, that might have prompted him to settle his affairs and then have license reinstated (if that is why he was there).

I think when you have a warrant for someone's apartment, it is for specific things or types of items. I think being able to collect and process DNA items from the apartment would a require a warrant specifically calling for DNA. Someone please correct if that is wrong.

No special warrant other than the one they have. DNA is physical evidence.

My guess is that one of the things that LE would want to get from JM's apartment and personal effects is something that would allow them to run DNA tests to see if it matched up with anything in their files, as well as hoping to find some of Hannah Graham's DNA. If a match for anything comes up, he will likely have to give up his DNA.

They would need a warrant for his DNA. IDK if they have that. Having just a warrant for his apartment is not enough, I don't think.
ETA: Mrs. Hayes begs to differ above, so perhaps this is wrong.

BBM:

Gee, thanks. Glad I took time out of my day on my work break to conduct these high tech forensic glove experiments.

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

:therethere:: :giggle:

They would need a warrant for his DNA. IDK if they have that. Having just a warrant for his apartment is not enough, I don't think.

Could they ask for a warrant for a piece of clothing and then later ask for a warrant to test multiple hair strands found on the clothing?
No idea, would assume a warrant for a piece of clothing would cover everything on said clothing. I may have misinterpreted the original post to which I responded; I thought she was asking about JM's DNA. IMO it would be nigh on impossible to prove that DNA from the apt was JM's, unless of course they had a reference sample from JM himself.

I agree with this - I don't think they can randomly start entering DNA from clothing, they'd be smart to cover their butts and get a warrant for that. #getallthewarrants

My recollection is the opposite. I believe he firmly stated it was an overt tail.

On the Today Show Longo said it was overt and it was not speeding away from the police station. It was after he left. They overtly followed him, he went somewhere else, then sped away in a reckless manner.

Question for mods:

I normally agree with everything you say!
However, here it seems that a possible link to the MH suspect could be incredibly vital in the HG case.
IF the arrest warrant for reckless driving somehow gives LE the grounds to obtain DNA, AND they find a match with MH suspect, that changes this whole case--right? (not saying this will happen--I have my doubts...but I would think they would at least want to rule it out...)
Yes. If LE confirms a connection, then we will open the discussion to include MH. At this point, it is purely speculation and allowing it into this discussion will only cause confusion.

Thanks for raising the question. Hope I've clarified it for you. ;)

Maybe I'm naive but cases are routinely solved on Investigation Discovery by matching DNA to items in trashcans or discarded cigarette butts with no warrant...

I wonder when he started to wear dreds

I think one of the warrants is for reckless driving, I'd have to look for a link. Will supply if you need one. I've just realized I've forgotten what the other warrant was for...I have a terrible memory.

Both arrest warrants are for reckless driving per Longo's pc. Two because he had two occupants in the car that he was putting into danger.

Unsolved rape case (2005) is the person that helped them with the sketch. Perhaps she has seen his photo?
The trouble with that is that JLM Jr has gained about 50 lbs since 2005. When that sketch was updated in 2010, by the FBI, I thought. That looks like they redrew the new sketch from a none suspect. I feel that way even more so today. I think they've had a hunch for a very long time. Maybe not but that revised sketch looked too cleaned up. The original may be more accurate to the witness' recollection and what that man looked like NINE years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yappychappy