VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes twitter is limited in characters, but where in this are you saying WG is police?

I'm nearly certainly what she's trying (but doing very poorly) to say is:

Police say that the white man following Hannah who gave them (police) the description of the black man with the closely shaved head with his arm around her was JM. That there was NOT a second individual (with the other description) and that his initial hair description of the black man was inaccurate.

l

The second entry, that the initial hair description of the black man was inaccurate could be an assumption. Wish we knew how that was determined.
- if no one else reported seeing such a person
- if not seen on any video
How is it that the WG was apparently unsure/wrong with initial description of a second back man.
I find it quite relevant that the #FindHG tweet of a suspiciously behaving BG on the night of Sept 6 matches WG's description of a second black man. That this BG matching WG's initial description is reported to have also put his arm around the bachelorette young woman out on the mall with a group of friends. Mere coincidence??

The friends are witnesses so if several can back up this event and how the suspicious BG looked, this is rather important.
Corroboration would be a huge tip and not rumor.
Remember to f/u on all leads and early.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...rs-in-Search-for-Hannah-Graham-275710631.html

Sunday, Sep 21, 2014 • Updated at 4:30 PM EDT

At 1:06 a.m., a camera at Sal's Restaurant recorded the witness walking in front of Graham, stopping and then walking behind her. Two minutes later, a camera at Tuel Jewelers, also on the mall, recorded Graham walking with another woman while the same man followed her.

Pleasants told NBC29 late Wednesday evening they spoke with that man, who told officers he noticed Graham was disoriented and he wanted to help her.

He told police that after he spoke with her, he saw a second man speaking to Graham and wrapping his arm around her shoulders. The witness said it appeared as though the man was also concerned about Graham or possibly that he knew her.

bbm

This could be very important information...

what is NOT found in the apartment can be as imposrtant as is what IS found...

In other words... Why would these clothes NOT be at his home... Where he lives/keeps his clothes/washes clothes etc...where his clothes would be most expected to be found...

There are a number of reasons for this... I am sure... But it still is something to make Sleuthers and investigators go "Hmmmm?"...

JMO...

There was a direct quotes from LE saying that they found clothes they were seeking in the apt. Whether those were JM's clothes he was wearing in the video or not was not specified.

Have you seen the posts some of his friends are writing? I found this searching for (hashtag) LJ Matthew. I know friends stick up for friends but it does give you pause.

https://www.facebook.com/karen.philhour?fref=nf

This is my first post. I've been wrapped up in this case and joined this site as a result.

See, I can relate to the friends. I know a guy, who I've known since middle school, who was the subject (and still is!) of a witch hunt for manslaughter - he was later acquitted and people are STILL dragging his name and character through the mud. The man I know is NOT capable of killing someone in cold blood; he's a teddy bear. So I get the friends - it hurts to see someone you personally know be attacked and made out to be a monster in the media and by strangers.

I know eye witnesses are often inaccurate
I personally would not remember what the cashier looked like a few days ago
I would not take notice

But, WG did take notice of hannah and according to him, felt she was distressed
So its seems to me he may have paid closer attention to the man that put his arm around her
I don't know, I guess its just that the description is so off

IF he lied, why? I know some people won't like me even asking this question.

It seems that IF he lied, it makes JM look more guilty. It would look as though WG was working with him and trying to lead police away from him.

Just recently logged on and still looking for linked sources about WG being with LE... Is this true or more confusion? Not that it guarantees he's an angel. Bad guys come in all professions.

IF he's a cop AND unrelated to the disappearance, he needs to hone his observational skills. Badly.

I agree,WichitaFalls. That's why I think if he is innocent he's scared. Its true about how many black men have been falsely accused. It's not just black men, though. Sometimes LE gets tunnel vision, IMO. Think of Richard Jewel and the Duke lacrosse players. However, I can see how they did zero in on JM due to the video. But I have a problem with the way Longo spoke about him to the public. IMO, they should have kept quiet, show the video to the public, and just watch him 24/7. Then he probably wouldn't have fled.

Respectfully, when you have been chief of police for 13 years, your advice will have weight. LE is doing what they are doing for a reason. They are actually trained in the apprehension of criminals. And they have decades of experience doing just that.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...rs-in-Search-for-Hannah-Graham-275710631.html

Sunday, Sep 21, 2014 • Updated at 4:30 PM EDT

At 1:06 a.m., a camera at Sal's Restaurant recorded the witness walking in front of Graham, stopping and then walking behind her. Two minutes later, a camera at Tuel Jewelers, also on the mall, recorded Graham walking with another woman while the same man followed her.

Pleasants told NBC29 late Wednesday evening they spoke with that man, who told officers he noticed Graham was disoriented and he wanted to help her.

He told police that after he spoke with her, he saw a second man speaking to Graham and wrapping his arm around her shoulders. The witness said it appeared as though the man was also concerned about Graham or possibly that he knew her.

bbm

Good grief...according to this, there WERE two men?

I had to leave for a few hours this morning to get some work done.

I thought by the time I got back, you guys would have had this case all figured out and prosecuted by now.

What's with the foot dragging.................... ??

Melissa Hipolit @MelissaCBS6
Police: Reports of Jesse Matthew sightings have come in from all over the place, but none have been correct so far. @CBS6 #HannahGraham
1:07am - 24 Sep 14

Charlottesville police Capt. Gary Pleasants said the witness came forward Wednesday night after two more grainy surveillance videos were released of Hannah E. Graham from the Downtown Mall.

http://www.mercurynews.com/nation-w...eshman-surveillance-videos-show-hannah-graham

That man has come forward to police, saying the teen seemed physically distressed and he "wanted to make sure she got safely wherever she was going," reports the station. He also reportedly called in to a tipline with the information.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/witness-says-man-put-arm-around-missing-university-of-virginia-student/

He's a cop? He took 4 days to come in. He called the tip line. He's a cop?

Not seeing where WG is a cop...anyone???

He's not. Just another one of those things that got garbled like a game of telephone.

Bbm. Thanks. The "undercover cop" theory was speculation here last week & the speculation has grown legs & is running wild & free with Popcorn the missing pitbull. JOKE! & a wee bit of sarcasm. I do apologise in advance (truly) to those who are genuinely upset by unseemly levity in such a serious case.

Seems like if there were visible signs of a struggle, they still could have brought him in for questioning, at least, when they noticed it. I just hope whatever they do find shows a crime was committed, not just that she was with him. Since she seemed to be with him by her choice, they have to prove he did more than drive her somewhere and let her out. I would hate for this to turn into an ugly trial where defense says Hannah went with him and had consensual sex, for example, if her DNA is found in his room and is not blood or is a very small amount.
From what I understand(I'm sure I'll be corrected if wrong) is that JM told LE(not a formal interview ) that he had a couple of drinks with HG they left together and parted ways. Now if LE finds hard evidence( her clothing, her blood in the car or apt., etc) that disproves what JM said then obviously they will issue a warrant for his arrest on her disappearance. We don't know if he retained an attorney but if he had we would,imo, have heard about it by now. He doesn't have the resources to disappear so finding him when charged shouldn't be a major problem,imo. I think we will be seeing/hearing from him within a day or two, because at that point he'll be charged or be brought in on the warrants.

Respectfully, when you have been chief of police for 13 years, your advice will have weight. LE is doing what they are doing for a reason. They are actually trained in the apprehension of criminals. And they have decades of experience doing just that.

I do not doubt their training. Just have never seen this kind of scenario play out in this way before. I hope it works and more LEA's are this aggressive in MP cases going forward. If it works.
Jmo

See, I can relate to the friends. I know a guy, who I've known since middle school, who was the subject (and still is!) of a witch hunt for manslaughter - he was later acquitted and people are STILL dragging his name and character through the mud. The man I know is NOT capable of killing someone in cold blood; he's a teddy bear. So I get the friends - it hurts to see someone you personally know be attacked and made out to be a monster in the media and by strangers.

I'm sorry about your friend. In this situation, the fact that EVERY friend of JM's from high school etc is saying what a nice, helpful guy he is - well, it's not the usual "he was a quiet guy who kept to himself." I'm still divided as to whether he's guilty or not, but it makes me veer a little more to the side of not.

Have you seen the posts some of his friends are writing? I found this searching for (hashtag) LJ Matthew. I know friends stick up for friends but it does give you pause.

"I have known Lj Matthew for most of my life and I feeling just sickened by what is happening right now. I cannot speak of guilt or innocence, but as far as character I have only known a gentle, kindhearted person who looked after me from elementary through high school. I can only imagine how scared he and his family must be at this time and I hope beyond hopes that he was in the wrong place at the wrong time and will find the courage to come forward to help find this poor girl and help the world see the person that so many of us call a friend."

This is my first post. I've been wrapped up in this case and joined this site as a result.

It's not impossible, not even incompatible that a person is a kind gentle soul with those he knows, and most of the time but has an evil streak that can arise. Maybe all of us have this under the right circumstance.

It is a matter of opinion. I do not think that questioning LE automatically equals disrespect. JM should be presumed innocent, instead LE has presumed him guilty and taken actions that have convinced the public (at least on this board) of his guilt as well. They put a video of him out, his name out, searched and seized his car, searched his apartment, followed him with a close obvious tail everywhere he went, put wanted posters out for reckless driving, and have been very vocal about their belief in his guilt, including doing the rounds of talk shows - and then act surprised he hasn't come to talk to them to prove his innocence. Maybe they have the smoking gun and that is why they are so confident in being vocal and public about JM being guilty of Hannah's disappearance and once the forensics are back today, they will charge him with crimes related to Hannah. If they are that sure of his guilt, why not officially call him a suspect and why didn't they arrest him between Thursday and Sunday?

Ok, I have to nitpick a bit, regarding police presuming someone guilty.

Isn't that what they do?

Hopefully this will be helpful :)

Transcription of an interview with a Charlottesville reporter, Hawes Spencer, regarding his conversation with a lawyer (Eric Wilke) who was the victim of a 2009 assault involving Jesse Matthew.

[There's this brief mention here at the start that's unrelated to the assault story and does NOT involve the same person]

(Spencer) I talked to a guy who knew Jesse Matthew from high school. The friend described him as a kind of gentle giant and expressed doubt that Matthew could be involved in anything something nefarious.

(Spencer) Then, later this afternoon, I knocked on the door of a local lawyer named Eric Wilke because I had found his name in the Charlottesville arrest records as the alleged victim in an assault case back in 2009

(Host) JM was the accused in that case. And what actually happened?​

(Spencer) Well, Wilke says he was driving over to his girl friend’s house at about 10 pm on a week night. When a gold, minivan taxi suddenly cut in front of him. He says he honked his horn and the taxi stopped, blocking him in.

The driver emerged and angrily asked why he had honked. Wilke said, “Because you cut me off.” The driver refused to budge and a sort off stand of ensued. Where Wilke said he said, “Well, I’m calling the police.” And he began to dial, only to find his iPhone snatched out of his hands.

So Wilke says he got out of his vehicle and attempted to try to retrieve his cell phone, when he was hit in the face with an unexpected punch.

(Host) But then something surprising happened?​

(Spencer) Wilke says that his assailant became contrite and drove him to the ER for medical treatment. All the while expressing regret and offering to make things right.

(Host) Did he make any excuses for his behaviour?​

(Spencer) He did. He said that he had been stiffed by a couple of fares earlier in the evening and was feeling frustrated. But Wilke thought there was something wrong with the young man. That he might be suffering from depression And Wilke even asserted that he seemed he could be potentially suicidal

(Host) So was this crime ever reported?​

(Spencer) Yes. Wilke says he reported it, only in order to make sure he got compensated for his medical bills. As it played out, an Assistant Commonwealth’s Attorney eventually called Wilke and said, “Do you mind if we drop these charges?” And Wilke says as long as he got paid, that had been his main concern. And in fact he did get paid. And the records show that the charges were dropped.

(Host) So how did Wilke react when you asked him about the incident?​

(Spencer) He asked, “Well, why do you want to know about that?” And I said, well because people are interested in anything having to do with Jesse Matthew. He said, “Oh my God. Is that the guy? I didn’t even remember his name!”

For Wilke, this whole thing is so far in the past. And he actually even declined to provide a recorded interview. He didn’t mind telling me about since it’s a matter of public record, with the arrest and everything, but he said that he didn’t really want to be part of piling on or being part of a witch hunt against Jesse Matthew, since, as police have pointed out, there’s really no probable cause to arrest him or to connect him yet to Hannah Graham’s disappearance.

"I have known Lj Matthew for most of my life and I feeling just sickened by what is happening right now. I cannot speak of guilt or innocence, but as far as character I have only known a gentle, kindhearted person who looked after me from elementary through high school. I can only imagine how scared he and his family must be at this time and I hope beyond hopes that he was in the wrong place at the wrong time and will find the courage to come forward to help find this poor girl and help the world see the person that so many of us call a friend."

I saw him described on FB by 2 people as a gentle giant.

I had to leave for a few hours this morning to get some work done.

I thought by the time I got back, you guys would have had this case all figured out and prosecuted by now.

What's with the foot dragging.................... ??

Sorry sir, thread is currently :deadhorse:!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95