VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does LE have eyes on JM at this point?

It is what they do when they have evidence to support guilt. They shouldn't just presume guilt without evidence. That has led to innocent people injured by police, innocent people killed by police, innocent people arrested, innocent people jailed. They may have the evidence that he is guilty and just haven't yet released it.

It depends on the individuals looking at cases, can't generalize. It does happen too often, true.

Ted Bundy was a nice guy too ... Well, other than when he was busy murdering ... :facepalm:

And Denis Rader. Oh and Scott Peterson. There wasn't anyone who could say a bad word against him.

I'm sorry about your friend. In this situation, the fact that EVERY friend of JM's from high school etc is saying what a nice, helpful guy he is - well, it's not the usual "he was a quiet guy who kept to himself." I'm still divided as to whether he's guilty or not, but it makes me veer a little more to the side of not.

And that's the thing - your friends truly know your character and what you are capable of. Not your neighbors, not strangers on the internet, but friends.

Steam tunnels are pretty warm. For the most part they are right under occupied buildings/sidewalks. In that environment the odor from a decomposing body would most likely be noticeable by now.

I agree the steam tunnels would not be the best place to hide a body because of the heat, although I think someone should at least check. What about somewhere refrigerated? Like when they find bodies that have been hidden in freezers for years? (OK - I watch WAY too much ID Channel). Was he even this smart, though? I think (if it is him - which I personally do think it is), he took her somewhere rural.

LE has never said that JM told them "that he had a couple of drinks with HG they left togehter and parted ways." that I have seen. Some of this seems to be from what JM's grandmother told the Daily News that JM told her.

What is found in the car, the forensics on it is what is going to drive the next steps IMO unless some big new development arises.

Longo said witnesses testimony said they had alcoholic drinks and left after about 15 minutes.

Oh dear...sorry...I'm obviously confused by twitter syntax and punctuation...
I misinterpreted that because of CONT...
To think I was an English Major...I fail at twitter...:shame:

lol...sorry, but....um, yes...you do ;).

Thanks for the much needed laugh!! I fail spectacularly at Twitter too :)! Languages, English & others, are supposedly my speciality too...

:truce:

My issue with the negativity toward LE here is that none of us know what they know yet! After that time, maybe I will look at it differently. But for now, I personally can't make an assessment with the little information that we have.

The problem is, Imo, if they know a lot more, they should have probable cause for an arrest. They do not need "beyond reasonable doubt".

I'm convinced that my refresher button thingo is going to break soon. Anxiously watching Parker's twitter.

How specific are warrants? If they had a warrant to search his home would that mean they could take anything in his home or did it have to relate to the investigation somehow?

I wonder if they came back for underwear. Or would that be something they would take initially?

I believe a warrant has to detail the items that they are specifically looking for and the area they intend to search. However, if something is suspicious and in plain view, they can legally take it if they are on the property with a legal warrant.

Re: Football head injuries and aggressive behavior. This is actually well established in the medical/psychiatric community and it is indeed quite sad. There are numerous studies done on the mild brain injuries highschool athletes sustain and their long-term effects. It is potentially interesting in light of his road rage incident and immediate regret.

Is there some info that he actually had a football head injury? Otherwise I tend to believe it's more about his home environment growing up.

I'm telling you that is exactly why this case is so crazy. The media has had SO MANY conflicting reports it is enough to drive someone insane.

Who the heck knows anymore. Thats why I said all I am going to believe is what I see and hear in the press conferences. So nuts....

This happens in almost every case in the early, most active days...journalism sucks, Imo and I hate that word.

Ok, I have to nitpick a bit, regarding police presuming someone guilty.

Isn't that what they do?

I think they are supposed to try to resolve cases and get information, too. Presuming guilt prematurely may lead to tunnel vision, IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The problem is, Imo, if they know a lot more, they should have probable cause for an arrest. They do not need "beyond reasonable doubt".

One word. Forensics. That's what I'm waiting for.

One word. Forensics. That's what I'm waiting for.

Exactly. I won't believe he had anything to do with her disappearance until I see cold, hard, forensic evidence -- not this "well he was the last person to be caught on video so... clearly he killed her" bs.

I agree. the whole purpose of LE is to find those they presume are guilty with sufficient proof to bring to trial But in terms of how we operate in society, JM is not guilty, is innocent of any harm to Hannah right now because really, there is not even any evidence of harm to her. She could show up hale and hearty today. Do I believe that's likely? Absolutely not, but it is possible. There is no crime right now to accuse JM other than the reckless driving. LE's working on getting other evidence, but right now nothing.

I do puzzle that LE did not work harder to talk to JM and his roommates, however, given the warrent for the car, and that it was so crucial to get any lead, any info on Hannah. We don't know what LE said to the occupants of that apt and to JM, but you woud think they would have treated all there very, very carefully, to try to get ANY lead on Hannah. That a missing young woman was at stake, I' m surprised that the whole lot of them weren't tagged and traced too. There may be a lot more than what LE is saying, but this part really makes no sense to me. I wonder if those roommates have not been questioned. Not a peep about them.

I don't think it's about LE presuming anyone guilty either. That's not how they operate. They investigate and take it where it leads. Presuming someone guilty is just as stupid as presuming them innocent when it comes to how to investigate.

And its not how society works, presuming a suspect innocent. We make judgments based on experience and behavior. It's how humans survive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdw1990