VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good grief...according to this, there WERE two men?

It is very confusing
Different descriptions, LE saying POI was not on video, poor reporting or wording of tweets Oh my

But I think only one?

Exactly. I won't believe he had anything to do with her disappearance until I see cold, hard, forensic evidence -- not this "well he was the last person to be caught on video so... clearly he killed her" bs.

I was actually referring to reserving judgment on LE's actions, but it cuts both ways.

And that's the thing - your friends truly know your character and what you are capable of. Not your neighbors, not strangers on the internet, but friends.

With all due respect... But many times someone's own family doesn't really know them ... Dennis Rader was married with kids and was a serial killer!! Sometimes people are good at letting people see what they want them to see.

One word. Forensics. That's what I'm waiting for.

Well of course...but if LE has some back that point to guilt, he should be charged by now, even if they cannot locate him. And if they don't, they are behaving very strangely toward a suspect when they do not even have enough to charge him with anything Hannah-related. Imo

Wow--thanks; that was fascinating! LJ is really a confusing character. He does have an angry dark side, but in the situation detailed in this report, he was able to reign it in before it got too dire.

Respectfully, I see it as manipulation. This incident to me reads like he was completely able to snow this victim in order to avoid charges being pressed. No way would I-male or female-get into the vehicle of someone who had blocked my vehicle, assaulted me, taken my phone, and then made excuses for the behavior by saying he had been "stiffed on a couple of fares." No way.

"Take Dahmer.... He WAS a lovely nice polite gentle guy. He genuinely loved his family and was quite friendly and helpful to his neighbour. But it's just that he had this overwhelming uncontrollable urge to do the other things he did."

And that is what is said about most serial killers.. Not implying JM is one of those just saying I don't think we can put much stock in what friends, etc say about him bc that could mean nothing about who he is behind closed doors..

Is there some info that he actually had a football head injury? Otherwise I tend to believe it's more about his home environment growing up.

Do you have info about this someplace? I'd be curious to hear about this if there is valid info around. I haven't seen any.

NO! You are missing #matthew. Its says the black guy seen was Matthew. Then it says police: meaning the next line is a quote from.police. WG is NOT LE

This is a textbook example of why correct grammar and punctuation are critical for clarity, especially when reporting the news. Apparently, we really don't know what the reporter intended to say. Not good.

With all due respect... But many times someone's own family doesn't really know them ... Dennis Rader was married with kids and was a serial killer!! Sometimes people are good at letting people see what they want them to see.

And that's true as well, but not all suspects are guilty, and not all suspects are Dennis Rader...

Well of course...but if LE has some back that point to guilt, he should be charged by now, even if they cannot locate him. And if they don't, they are behaving very strangely toward a suspect when they do not even have enough to charge him with anything Hannah-related. Imo

For me, that goes back to: 1) what led LE to get a search and seizure for the vehicle; and more importantly 2) what, in the course of that search and seizure, led them to get a search warrant for JM's phone and apartment. Those details have not been made public. In my opinion, which ain't worth much, some answers could be found there regarding their actions. But we will see when it all comes out. I have been wrong before!

Exactly. I won't believe he had anything to do with her disappearance until I see cold, hard, forensic evidence -- not this "well he was the last person to be caught on video so... clearly he killed her" bs.
I agree. Has WG been absolutely cleared? What if he was still following HG and JM when they had drinks at Tempo and went their separate ways?

We know that a scent dog hit on the parking garage area, correct? Hannah's scent trail stopped in this area, indicating that she had left the area by vehicle.

JMO MOO *** So...police somehow (video footage? Witnesses?) ID the vehicle JM drives as being of interest. What do you bet they go to this vehicle & the scent dog hits on the vehicle???!!! I absolutely think this could have happened & would have been enough to get a search warrant (maybe along with the damaged front passenger side window?). JMO MOO

Now, if JM said Hannah rode in his vehicle, then no big deal on the scenario above. But, if JM said he & Hannah parted ways & she was never in his vehicle, & the scent dog hit on his vehicle...well, someone is lying here, & it's not our four-legged furry friend. ****MOO JMO

Also, in my opinion, there is no way LE - experienced LE AND the FBI - would be playing hardball with JM if they didn't have reason to. LE knows something big on JM, big re Hannah's case & potentially others. I have faith they know a lot more than they're saying. ***JMO MOO

I'm waiting on pins & needles for them to find Hannah & bring whomever is responsible to justice. I think & pray that VA will be safer once JM is off the streets.

I tip my hat to LE & the volunteers. I have no doubt they're working tirelessly to bring Hannah home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The problem is, Imo, if they know a lot more, they should have probable cause for an arrest. They do not need "beyond reasonable doubt".

Thats true. But in serious cases, the DA doesn't tend to sign off on arrest warrants with mere probable cause. They want enough to sustain a conviction. Not necessarily beyond a reasonable doubt but something to get beyond a prelim.

respectfully, i see it as manipulation. This incident to me reads like he was completely able to snow this victim in order to avoid charges being pressed. No way would i-male or female-get into the vehicle of someone who had blocked my vehicle, assaulted me, taken my phone, and then made excuses for the behavior by saying he had been "stiffed on a couple of fares." no way.

Yes

'

And that's true as well, but not all suspects are guilty, and not all suspects are Dennis Rader...

Yeah right now I'm really suspicious but still on the fence about this JM.
I have the same feelings about WG.
And I can say that I've worked with a lot of children over the years who have extreme anger management and impulse control problems and their home lives are fine, and they don't have head injuries.

The thing that is bothering me the most is that JM has information that would help find HG. And he is not willing at this point to talk. If he is as nice and kind as his friends have stated, why has he chosen to remain silent? It is his right, I get that. But if he has nothing to hide, why is he running? Why has he chosen to remain silent? Unfortunately, this points to a guilty conscience. I can understand his fear to a degree, but come on. He can run, but he can't hide forever.

I hope he will give thought to his mother and grandmother if he cannot to HG family. They are all going through hell. He is bound to have a cell phone. Have his friends, family and LE tried to contact him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member