VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's because once a person expresses to LE that they want representation, LE is no longer permitted to question them without their attorney present. I think it was just JM making it clear to LE that he will not be answering any questions. He "officially" requested counsel, therefore LE can not question him without attorney present.

That is what i have been thinking since i first heard.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Just a thought- has anyone checked to see if they were friends on Facebook? There has to be some sort of connection. I don't know of anyone who would allow a guy we don't know at all to grab us around the waist- let alone a bare-skinned waist. Secondly, I hope they are checking on EVERY SINGLE PERSON who works at the Tempo restaurant- wonder if there was someone who works there that maybe he was showing her off too before passing her off (in the case of possible human trafficking)- you know like a person who gives the "nod-off"? I could be completely off on my feeling, but something about that one stop is eating at my core.... All my own opinion- just a girl who grew up watching Perry Mason and Murder She Wrote....

Ohh.... Not trying to doubt you but do you have a link? Pretty please?

That is the same apartment that was listed for rent back in August so it certainly appears JM and his roommates were evicted or had given their 30 or 60 day notice and planned on leaving.

So to me that could be very damning. I wonder where JM had planned on moving. Maybe he is there now with all of his things.

His address was listed on the Wanted poster.

http://wtvr.com/2014/09/23/hannah-graham-jesse-matthew-clothing/

Have you seen the posts some of his friends are writing? I found this searching for (hashtag) LJ Matthew. I know friends stick up for friends but it does give you pause.

https://www.facebook.com/karen.philhour?fref=nf

"I have known Lj Matthew for most of my life and I feeling just sickened by what is happening right now. I cannot speak of guilt or innocence, but as far as character I have only known a gentle, kindhearted person who looked after me from elementary through high school. I can only imagine how scared he and his family must be at this time and I hope beyond hopes that he was in the wrong place at the wrong time and will find the courage to come forward to help find this poor girl and help the world see the person that so many of us call a friend."

This is my first post. I've been wrapped up in this case and joined this site as a result.

Very moving. I too hope he turns himself in if he is indeed innocent. There would be a giant public backlash if he were framed.

I think the fact that LE said that Hannah had an alcoholic drink at Tempo says quite a bit about her frame of mind. She was still in the mood at 1:20 in the morning to be drinking at a bar. If she was actually lost, scared, crying etc then I doubt she would have still wanted to drink. It seems she wanted to keep the buzz she had going - so unlikely she was trying to get home, she still wanted to party.

Argh... let's please not try to judge a "gentle giant" based on driving over the speed limit.

Wasn't that dude who killed the basher woman also considered slow and a gentle giant?

And yet famous crime writer Ann Rule was friends with and worked with Ted Bundy and never had a clue. He even walked her safely to her car and warned her to be careful because a rapist/killer was on the loose.

I think it was her book that I read. He came from a horrible home life. All info came out later, though. Hindsight.

A looooooong time ago I lived in Cville as a UVA undergrad. I recall several times being out at night, winding up by myself, and being fearful on the streets. A lot of the streets are not well lit, and the area is hilly/semi-rural. I recall several times running (as HG is seen in the Shell video) on the streets because I was scared. I also worked for a time at a restaurant on the mall. One of the reasons I quit the job was that after closing at night the area around the mall was desolete -- I found myself running to my car because I was very scared being alone there. Had I been lost in Cville and walking for several hours without access to a ride home, would I have gotten in the car of a friendly stranger who worked at UVA for a ride home? Maybe.

And yet famous crime writer Ann Rule was friends with and worked with Ted Bundy and never had a clue. He even walked her safely to her car and warned her to be careful because a rapist/killer was on the loose.

Exactly. Even monsters aren't monsters 100% of the time.
P.S. I love Ann Rule.

And she met him while they volunteered together at a suicide prevention hotline....

Regarding the second search of apartment:

CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. (AP) - Police have confirmed that articles of clothing were taken from the apartment of the man they believe was the last person seen with missing University of Virginia student Hannah Graham.

Charlottesville Police Capt. Gary Pleasants says the items were recovered during a search of 32-year-old Jesse Leroy Matthew Jr's apartment Monday. Authorities first searched Matthew's car and apartment Friday, and Pleasants says information that came up during the investigation led to a second search.

"Through the investigation we determined there were other items we needed to look for and that's why a second search warrant. We might not have known about those items during the first search warrant. Things change,” said Pleasants.

They already knew what clothes JLM and Hannah were wearing that night and it was reported (in that "exclusive" but pointless interview with one of JLM's school friends) that friends/family were moving JLM's stuff out of the apartment. So could this mean police may have a second suspect on their hands? An accomplice?

Do "gentle giants" normally place their own mother's safety in such low regard?
I think we should wait to hear the details of his reckless driving charges before we decide he put his mother's life in danger. A LOT of minor things can be called reckless driving in Virginia. As I said last night, it could be as simple as going 35 in a 15 mph zone.

Not sure, but the parking garage was closed already when she was on the mall I believe it closes at 1.

Question to locals : we have a parking garage that "closes" around 12 meaning no more entrance .. You pay a flat rate when you come in (before 12). After 12, you can still leave because the exit is automated but can not enter because attendant is gone. Is this one like this or no? (If that makes any sense!)
And this garage, are you able to walk through it after hours or whenever and come out an exit door that maybe has an alley or different street? The one I was discussing above is like that too. People walk through to cut through to that road behind without going all the way around garage.

Do we know anything about the POI's homelife? Grandma has been vocal but I don't really think we know anything else about him background wise. We know that he works in a hospital and that he has many people that think he is a nice guy. He also volunteers with children in football.

There was a poster here who worked with him who said he was known to have personal boundary issues and was thought to be creeper.

You have never seen a thread like this?
LOLOL YOU just joined this month>>> give it time. :laughing:

True enough. But the threads for this case are moving at neck breaking speed, with some of the highest numbers of followers ever. It's incredible to see so many caring about Hannah and joining us here to follow along.

Dirt on tires and in car could also mean drove off road to wooded area and not necessarily drove on a dirt road.

I believe LE has made it clear that JM has not given them any information about JM's time with HG. JM merely parting ways with her is second-hand (maybe third?) information and the issue is that JM has not shared information directly with police. In an investigation of a missing person, the last person to be identified as being with that person should share information with LE. Even if it's "we had a drink and then we parted ways".

I think a lot of what has people frustrated is that this is not what JM did.

Respectfully, the statement I was replying to was that JM had info that would help police find Hannah. "The thing that is bothering me the most is that JM has information that would help find HG."

Edit to add - I don't disagree with you, btw! It IS frustrating, though understandable (imo).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member