VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say, I am a bit perplexed that so many on this thread are reluctant to consider JM as suspect #1 due to lack of evidence, yet the same people have no problem expressing their suspicions about WG, who in my opinion, has even less evidence pointing to him as the perp.

The 'monsters' never seem to scream monster to those he interacts with on a daily basis. Ted Bundy is a good example. Also, several years ago, a fellow sleuth described working at the same candy factory as Jeffrey Dahmer. Described Dahmer as and unremarkable person who showed up to work on time every day and performed his duties. I personally worked with a guy who made me uncomfortable but none of the other employees found him strange at all. Some co-workers even sang with him in a gospel choir. As it turns out, he is now in prison for raping and molesting two young boys in the church youth group. Monsters are difficult to spot w/ the naked eye, IMO.

OT & BBM: I've fought long & hard about sharing this. I have a friend I met some years ago, who has been an absolute lifeline, babysitting my (now adult) children. Helping me out with home/car repairs. Helping me & others take care of his mentally ill girlfriend and her children. In short, he's our "go-to guy" in a circle of single mums.

Many years after I met him, I discovered by accident that he was one of two perpetrators convicted in an extraordinarily vicious (and sensational at the time) murder case. His conviction was eventually reduced on appeal on mental health grounds.

Although I was very shocked, and have researched & heard from him directly the veracity of the facts in the case (it really was as bad as it sounded), I *still* have trouble believing that the charming, helpful, wonderful "gentle giant" I know, could have done what he did.

But he did.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...ent-wanted-reckless-driving-article-1.1947754

Do you mean the damage on the driver's side window? I don't see any damage on the passenger's side window. Four car photos are on this link.

Is it possible that we're on a wild goose chase with damage to car window(s)? I.e. If the car was locked when LE seized it, might they have broken window(s) to access the interior?

That landlady interview is irritating. Why didn't the reporter ask the obvious follow up question of WHY it was so unusual that he was being so nice and helpful Thursday night?

Just a heads up re media reports: do not assume that what one sees/hears is all that an interviewee said. I've seen 30 minute interviews edited down to a 30 second sound-bite that "says" the opposite of what the original interview portrayed.

This is true. There are degrees of this disorder and some are better or worse at controlling it. One's environment can provoke or hold it in check as well.

We don't have nearly enough information about JM to assess any personality disorder. We don't have a pattern of behavior. As of right now, he is a POI who was the last one to see a girl before she went missing. It is wrong to assign diagnoses at this point.

Some lawyers will do even this type of case on contingency. It's a chance to be in the media and make a name for oneself. He'll get offers - once found.

Contingency of what?

Right now the story does not seem to have much to it. No book deal unless he turns to be a serial killer with a bizarre story of life.

I don't see many dollars in this right now

Quote Originally Posted by random989898 View Post
And now we have moved to calling JM a serial killer....

No, but if his DNA matches Morgan Harrington's killer then he will be a "double killer". :drumroll:

Actually Janeumayer, if JM is responsible for HG and MH's abduction/murder, he will be labeled a serial killer by the FBI as of 09/02/2005.

FBI Behavioral Analysis Unit-2
National Center for the Analysis of Violent Crime
Critical Incident Response Group - Federal Bureau of Investigation
http://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/publications/serial-murder

FBI Definition of Serial Murder; September 2, 2005

The different discussion groups at the Symposium agreed on a number of similar factors to be included in a definition. These included:

• one or more offenders
• two or more murdered victims
• incidents should be occurring in separate events, at different times

• the time period between murders separates serial murder from mass murder

In combining the various ideas put forth at the Symposium, the following definition was crafted:

Serial Murder: The unlawful killing of two or more victims by the same offender(s), in separate events.

Earlier on before the JM info blew up, LE stated that a dog tracked Hannah's scent in the Water St. Parking garage. We never heard if they checked out video footage from the garage... I would assume the garage has cameras, no?

And the parking garage closes at 1:00. How would that be possible with her on the mall to at least 1:30?

Except its probably pretty safe to assume that JM wasn't traveling 35 in a 15moh zone if his speed is what forced LE to abandon their pursuit if him. I doubt 35mph would be considered a high speed chase.
I don't recall it being called a high speed chase... although, I could be wrong, it's happened before.
Regardless, I think that assuming he put his mother's life in danger is a little much.

Tempo is only open for dinner/supper.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/tempo-charlottesville

Hours
Mon 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Tue 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm Closed now
Wed 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Thu 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Fri 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Sat 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Sun Closed

I think you are probably right about when it opens per other posters as well, however those hours are clearly not entirely accurate as they were there and it was open after 10pm....

Tempo was closed yesterday. Hmmm ... could be something, could be nothing lol

https://mobile.twitter.com/AugensteinWTOP/status/514421221967269889

Could be for more than one reason. Ie it might be to tell staff what to say to reporters and locals asking questions. Their ABC license could have been temporarily suspended for up to 25 days as well.

The link below shows rules establishments are meant to follow as well as the consequences for breaking those rules. Pay attention to paragraph 3 under Consequences. The bartender (who is sometimes the owner in small upscale restaurants like this) cold be facing a pretty hefty fine as well.

http://www.abc.state.va.us/licensing/downloads/sellers_servers.pdf

With the amount of attention this case has received locally and nationally this wouldnt suprise me at all.

There was a poster here who worked with him who said he was known to have personal boundary issues and was thought to be creeper.

He/she also said that most seemed to think he was polite and not inappropriate. Also, it's third-hand info as he/she didn't know him personally but got the info from co-workers.

Either way, while interesting, it doesn't say much, does it? People at work don't usually know how co-workers are at home.

I've been having an uneasy feeling all morning that when they find J. Matthew, he may not be in the shape they were hoping for.

He seems like the type that would vow to never be taken alive...........

He's out there.........somewhere........apparently in his sisters Nissan. No public sightings, No trooper sightings.

Something feels wrong.

Well...where's Mom? He had her in the car when LE lost him.

NO! You are missing #matthew. Its says the black guy seen was Matthew. Then it says police: meaning the next line is a quote from.police. WG is NOT LE

I hope she doesn't and I really hope she is not using me as her source- I asked the question here - did anyone hear Chief Longo say that WG was undercover when he was asked about him during the press conference? I thought I heard that, but I have just listened to the entire Sunday press conference again and can't find it... no one else here heard it apparently, or at least no has responded to my question. I am going to look at the previous press conference tape and see what CLongo says about WG - I don't think I dreamed it, but it's starting to look that way!

I don't remember Longo or any LE saying that. I do remember reading speculation on Websleuths that WG was mall security because of the way he was dressed.

Contingency of what?

Right now the story does not seem to have much to it. No book deal unless he turns to be a serial killer with a bizarre story of life.

I don't see many dollars in this right now

It's against professional rules of responsibility to do a financial contingency on a defense case. It gives you a financial interest in the outcome.

Just a thought- has anyone checked to see if they were friends on Facebook? There has to be some sort of connection. I don't know of anyone who would allow a guy we don't know at all to grab us around the waist- let alone a bare-skinned waist. Secondly, I hope they are checking on EVERY SINGLE PERSON who works at the Tempo restaurant- wonder if there was someone who works there that maybe he was showing her off too before passing her off (in the case of possible human trafficking)- you know like a person who gives the "nod-off"? I could be completely off on my feeling, but something about that one stop is eating at my core.... All my own opinion- just a girl who grew up watching Perry Mason and Murder She Wrote....

I checked and didn't see a connection on FB.

Bouncers at Rapture are larger and younger than WG, they also usually wear uniform black t-.shirts

Could you please link to a LE or to a MSM article that gives a description of "WG" that gives his precise size and his age?

I just read (on @ZGtheSK's Twitter) that a UVA student said she encountered LJ several times and he was always nice--almost too nice--to her and would offer to walk her to her car and such. She never took him up on it because of that "too nice" aura which I suppose must've been a bit creepy. Since Hannah was in a vulnerable state, she may have missed the subtle cues that usually would give a woman pause.

§ 46.2-862. Exceeding speed limit. A person shall be guilty of reckless driving who drives a motor vehicle on the highways in the Commonwealth (i) at a speed of twenty miles per hour or more in excess of the applicable maximum speed limit or (ii) in excess of eighty miles per hour regardless of the applicable maximum speed limit.
Read the chapter, starting here https://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+46.2-852 . There are quite a few other things that can get you cited for reckless that don't involve speed. Not using proper signals, for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member