VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've asked this before, but not as specifically. Are the stats for all of this in this area above the norm for this population density and square miles?

I never saw a thing about UVA being in an area risky for young women or more dangerous than most such college areas. It simply does not make the list as some schools do for being near a dicey area. I know that when the Lauren Spierer disappearance occurred, other rapes, assaults, disappearances were brought up so it seemed like the area was a hotbed of that sort. It wasn't. It was just because a college girl with parents commanding a lot of attention disappeared and that brought attention to other cases that would not otherwise have been noted by a lot of people. Never read or heard a thing about the Alexis Murphy case until I looked it up myself and there really isn't a whole lot on it except in crime links, sites like this and news local to where it happened, Not much if any national exposure. Hannah is making prime time news all over he country.

... and beyond

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/hannah...ia-police-charge-man-with-abduction-1.2775895

Because there hasn't been a single publicized missing persons case that ended with the victim being trafficked? At least that I know of. Lots of women are trafficked. None are abducted from upper/middle class lives and sold into trafficking. Not in the US.

Wouldn't he drive a better car or have more money if he were involved in trafficking? I mean he worked an entry level job at a hospital. I don't see it.

And 2 questions: 1. Why is it that this case has made national news everywhere while some others just sit quietly in the background? 2. Where are you Hannah?

a woman from Arlington Tx, kidnapped in broad daylight & sold in to prostitution. I'm not sure what class she was, but she had an SUV

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/crim...ight-on-hidden-crime-of-human-trafficking.ece

"What happened to the Arlington woman is not unprecedented, but kidnapping people to force them into prostitution is uncommon, experts say"

It was not "broad daylight" it was very early in the morning after they left Club Rio in west Oak Cliff. They walked to their green Ford Explorer, around a five minute walk, ,according to interviews and police records.

What happened to the Arlington woman is not unprecedented, but kidnapping people to force them into prostitution is uncommon, experts say. There are other lower-risk options for traffickers, said Jim Walters, assistant police chief at SMU. Walters has 20-plus years of experience working with human trafficking. He dealt with the issue as a police officer in California and now works with the Department of Justice on trafficking and missing children issues.

“The pimps, the traffickers that I’ve interviewed … understand that they can get further by using their charm and playing on the needs of the victim,” he said. But he added that the recent incident shows “there is no length to which they won’t go.”

Traffickers often lure women and children who are vulnerable — people who are homeless or runaways. Experts point to only a handful of trafficking cases from across the country involving kidnapping in recent years. Police confirm that such incidents are rare in Dallas.

The majority of trafficking cases involve psychological coercion that can often be followed by violence, experts say. The crime does not discriminate, affecting people of all ages, both male and female, as well as foreign-born and Americans.

and as to class, this is a very Hispanic part of south Dallas. There is a lot of violence in that part of town. Many pimps, pushers and prostitutes

What you say makes perfect sense. It really does. The question then is why won't they arrest him?

LE never said whether they think the suspect fled the area or is believed to still be in area. Also they didn't appeal to his friends or family to come forward with info leading to his capture and arrest. Very odd for a PC announcing warrants and charges for a suspect. Leads me to believe they have a pretty good idea where he is.

How did we determine what those same charges meant in the case of Alexis? They turned into murder charges, but started with these same two, I believe.

Anyone else wondering where Grandma is now? I am a little shocked that no one from his family has released a "turn yourself in" statement or a "he's not with me" one.

No doubt they know where he is and likely will lead LE right to him (with hope).

One more thing I want to speak to was the comment that no one could understand what he was doing out alone. It needs to be pointed out that Hannah was out alone also with seemingly no purpose.

The one thing I would like to know is why she left the party? Where did she say she was headed? Did she know or intend to meet up with someone? Even if it wasn't POI, who was she looking for. If she has lived in VA for most of her life, how was she lost in the downtown area that she decided to go to. None of this , imo is what caused this to happen to her but I am curious of the little details that seem to be missing.

When I look at the Noelle Paquette case in Canada, my home town, she left a party after a fight with her boyfriend and decided to walk home. Everyone knew that she was going to do this but could not stop her. This information was released immediately when people started looking for her... why are her intentions for the night protected? Again, I repeat, she is innocent... I think I could do a better job, though if I knew more of the basics of the night.

Would have to be evidence found in the car then right? I think most of us agree that Jesse would not have taken Hannah back to his apartment. Too risky.

Or from his clothes, or from a some other site the officers have identified that JM may have visited with HG....they have been searching lots of sites.

Wouldn't he drive a better car or have more money if he were involved in trafficking? I mean he worked an entry level job at a hospital. I don't see it.

And 2 questions: 1. Why is it that this case has made national news everywhere while some others just sit quietly in the background? 2. Where are you Hannah?

Maybe not a better car, but you'd think if he was involved in a crime ring he'd likely drive a less conspicuous car. It was bright honking orange.

Thinking out loud ... the car is the crime scene. I think they probably found semen and hairs, possibly blood that prove that JM and HG were together in the car. When they got another warrant for his apartment it might have been to find items to get his DNA from (hairbrush, toothbrush, used utensils, glasses etc). So they can place both of them in the car. If there was blood they know more than 'just' rape happened. If there was evidence of a struggle they know it wasn't consensual sex.

This would explain the charges.

Can you imagine all they are having to sift through? My car is almost 10 years old and I've never "entertained" in it, but I've have a number of folks ride in it. What a big job they have.

I just cannot see him being seem with her openly, if this was his intent from the start.

Just watched the video and his body language and tone and expression seems to indicate he knows something we are all dreading to hear :/

I'm actually kind of shocked that so many people are naive to this phenomenon and think it's some great trafficking conspiracy.

Perhaps because that gives you hope that those missing will be found, alive. Even if 10 years later, in someone's basement?

Parker Slaybaugh 8News

5 mins · .

‪#‎HannahGraham‬ I just spoke with a legal expert, he says the charge "abduction with intent to defile" suggests police believe evidence shows something sexual.

So perhaps it was something like a text message exchanged with a friend. He had been in an altercation with someone earlier, could it have been over a woman? Or could he have been still upset over his gf breaking up with him? He could have been in a foul mood and told a friend something like " I'm gonna find me a girl and I ain't gonna take for an answer from her" or some other comment that alluded to doing something with a female whether she liked it or not.

I am confused about the discussion on sex trafficking. Is it because of hope she is still alive or an interpretation of the VA statute? The statute does not require (i) and (ii) to both be satisfied. It reads:

Va code.org/18.2-48/
Abduction (i) of any person with the intent to extort money or pecuniary benefit, (ii) of any person with intent to defile such person, (iii) of any child under sixteen years of age for the purpose of concubinage or prostitution, (iv) of any person for the purpose of prostitution, or (v) of any minor for the purpose of manufacturing child *advertiser censored* shall be punishable as a Class 2 felony. If the sentence imposed for a violation of (ii), (iii), (iv), or (v) includes a term of confinement less than life imprisonment, the judge shall impose, in addition to any active sentence, a suspended sentence of no less than 40 years. This suspended sentence shall be suspended for the remainder of the defendant’s life subject to revocation by the court.

What you say makes perfect sense. It really does. The question then is why won't they arrest him?
Possibly they are in talks with his lawyer as we speak? The PC was very anti climatic to me. I believe we will wake up to find out he surrendered. Maybe his lawyer Told LE to "put up or shut up". At least its my hope. I'd hate to see him getting shot during apprehension and then all hope for closure for her family is gone.

No I didn't mean that but he would be in contact with others who might know what common items could be used as such

Respectfully, my husband is an anesthesiologist and has trained and worked at academic centers similar in size, etc. to UVA. Missing anesthetic drugs are a big deal. I'm not saying it is impossible for an unauthorized person to get their hands on them, but it certainly isn't easy, especially for someone working as a patient transporter with no reason to handle pharmaceuticals. My husband was once called at home by the hospital pharmacy because, due to someone writing over top of his carbon copy paperwork, it looked like there was more of a drug in a vial than there should have been based on what was given the patient-MORE, not less.

Secondly, I'm not sure what you mean about being in contact with others who know what common items (I assume drugs) could be used to knock people out. This is not something that the people putting the patients to sleep (anesthesiologists, nurse anesthetists) sit and think or talk about in my experience. If he knew what to use to in order to alter someone's mental state or knock them out entirely, I'd be willing to bet he didn't learn that info or obtain that substance via his job. JMO.

Can you imagine all they are having to sift through? My car is almost 10 years old and I've never "entertained" in it, but I've have a number of folks ride in it. What a big job they have.

And remember he owned a pitbull... If the dog ever rode in the car I'm sure they had (are having) a fine time sifting through hair...

Someone mentioned this a few pages back (sorry I would quote it but I don't feel like digging for it now..) that it's possible he is a match to other cases but they need his *official* DNA -- taken in the legal/proper manner from a cheek swab in order to charge him, vs taken from his car or his bedroom with the "assumption" that it's his DNA.

So, I agree with this completely and still think it's very possible he will have additional murder/rape charges posted against him.

I agree with this, I would think they have only run tests to match her DNA at this point. They would need to have him to collect his DNA, they can't just grab a hairbrush of his and test it because someone else could have used it. I could be wrong....

I also agree that JM is in deep, deep trouble with further murder/rape charges in his future. IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anyclimate3010