VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would have to be evidence found in the car then right? I think most of us agree that Jesse would not have taken Hannah back to his apartment. Too risky.

Sounds like car evidence. Wonder if she passed out in his car, and he actually did take her to his apartment because he didn't know what else to do with her?

Because there hasn't been a single publicized missing persons case that ended with the victim being trafficked? At least that I know of. Lots of women are trafficked. None are abducted from upper/middle class lives and sold into trafficking. Not in the US.

May I introduce you to the FBI website on this topic? Because respectfully, you are very mistaken. If you are a young woman of any socio-economic background - you can be targeted.

http://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/p...ent-bulletin/march_2011/human_sex_trafficking

I think the reason people won't let it go, particularly those geographically close, is because this is now college-aged girl #5 (?) in the last few years who disappeared within a 50-mile (?) radius (only one of whom has been found), and now in particular it seems there may be one person who is a link to them all. One person who likely isn't working alone, given all the descriptors and circumstances. This, after the Colonial Highway murders and then the Charlottesville Rapist.

Trafficking in Fairfax, right down the road. Trafficker just convicted in Harrisonburg. Just over the mountain.

People don't see this as an isolated event. And I don't think we'll be convinced otherwise for a while. I think we'd rather think sex trafficking than serial killer, given the option. Sorry.

I'm just saying the odds of it are insanely remote. Sure, it happens but almost all the time it's poor and disprivileged types, runaways and drug addicts who get eased into it, not just the suburban white girl who will be recognizable everywhere. Generally, the "clients" of these types are convincing themselves that the girls are in it willingly and not some national story. If you do get a case that's similar (as someone posted), or someone is just held against their will, it's going to probably be outnumbered 1000 to 1 by cases where the outcomes are not so fortunate...even with the geographical locations of these crimes in mind. What probably happened, is probably not all that complicated.

I will say that I assume a lot of this talk is based on people truly wishing the best for HG and I respect that. People may have a hard thinking of the worst (and unfortunately most likely scenario) and prefer that she's being held against her will, yet to be harmed and if only Liam Neeson can get to her in time before she's actually defiled by the bad guys (since now there's just the "intent"), then the world is right. Man, I'd love it if that were the case! I hope I'm wrong, but I just think it's all way too far-fetch for the reality of this world (and frankly was pretty impossible to believe even in the movies!).

Someone earlier mentioned that the theory of human trafficking was usually not reality. Here are a few articles that demonstrate not only is reality but it happens right here in VA.

New York Woman Abducted and taken to Salt Lake City
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...g-case-from-New-York-to-Salt-Lake.html?pg=all

Teens abducted for trafficking and found at a truck stop 9 days later.
http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/story?id=5382645

What makes an 18 year old 5'11" athlete from a good family with a promising future and a love of life a terrific choice for human trafficking?

We were told that she said she was going home that night and refused an offer from a male friend to walk her there.

That's the word I used to describe the presser as well. Anticlimactic. Yes, you are right. If police have to go get him and he gets shot and dies........they'll never get anything out of him.

Possibly they are in talks with his lawyer as we speak? The PC was very anti climatic to me. I believe we will wake up to find out he surrendered. Maybe his lawyer Told LE to "put up or shut up". At least its my hope. I'd hate to see him getting shot during apprehension and then all hope for closure for her family is gone.

Have a look at the link I just posted

why so determined to shut down discussion on that angle?

Becasue the chances are so very small that this happened in this case. And now with LE charging JM with what they are, it diminishes the chances all the more. The evidence from the get go pointed to someone picking up or abducting Hannah, given that she was alone, lost, confused, and things went south from there so she was dumped off somewhere, hopefully alive, still alive, but maybe, probably not.

Hannah possibly went for a week long walk too and decided just to contemplate her navel, or many other Possibilities, but the case pointed strongly, strong probability that what happened was quite simple. The odds panned out on this. So we don't discuss the far fetched possibilities until the likely ones are eliminated, or we'd be looking for UFOs.

I don't think anyone cares if the possibility is brought up, that we keep an eye out for signs this might have happened, but there is the sentiment to give it about the same amount of attention to this as the probability of this happening is, which is small. Makes no sense to discuss it a lot. There may be forums that focus on this. Not this one

Someone earlier mentioned that the theory of human trafficking was usually not reality. Here are a few articles that demonstrate not only is reality but it happens right here in VA.

New York Woman Abducted and taken to Salt Lake City
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...g-case-from-New-York-to-Salt-Lake.html?pg=all

Teens abducted for trafficking and found at a truck stop 9 days later.
http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/story?id=5382645

I have a friend in LE in WA who works sex trafficking. It's very real, although usually runaways/throwaways. He worked overseas in the same field though and it is an international and very strong industry. they aren't all runaways.

We were told that she said she was going home that night and refused an offer from a male friend to walk her there.

That's interesting... do we know how far she would have had to walk from the party to her home?

I think she was meeting someone... I think she met someone sinister instead or that was a wolf in sheeps clothing.

Did she have Tinder? Did he have Tinder? Is that the missing link? She was walking and running with purpose in those videos (as intoxicated as she looked)

Of course this is all just my thoughts and opinons.

No, Amy Bradley- she turned up on adult sites at various times after disappearing
there's threads about her for further discussion we won't drag this one off.
I mentioned her in connection with human trafficking, white middle class woman. Human trafficking is the 3rd biggest industry after drugs and weapons.

@ gitana (I zee you've addressed me ^^) - a few examples have been given now of white middle class woman being abducted and trafficked, take your pick, but don't deny that it happens

This article includes additional victims: http:///tipsheet/elisabethmeinecke/...ficking-your-child-might-be-a-target-n1641321

Wouldn't he drive a better car or have more money if he were involved in trafficking? I mean he worked an entry level job at a hospital. I don't see it.

And 2 questions: 1. Why is it that this case has made national news everywhere while some others just sit quietly in the background? 2. Where are you Hannah?

1. Hannah is a cute, white, and upper middle class student at a top university.
2. Her dad works for the government...perhaps he has some connections w/ the media or knows someone who does.
3. They have footage that possibly shows her last moments before being abducted or getting into a car.
4. There is speculation about whether the main suspect is guilty and what exactly happened
5. The police chief knows how to put on a performance, and was doing all the media rounds.

As long as there is info being released and people talking, the media coverage will continue.

Why is sex trafficking being discussed? There is no evidence of it and pecuniary benefit is not a necessary element of the charge.

I agree with a number of others on this thread. I think that PC was more about MH than HG. They need his DNA. It is not enough to just have a match from the apartment or car to the MH case. They need to show it is clearly and unquestionnably his DNA. I still get the sense they do not have much on the HG case. In fact, they shared absolutely no information, so I'm not even sure the charge is related to HG. I don't handle criminal cases, but it seems like it would be hard to demonstrate probable cause of "abduction with intent to defile" based on what we have learned so far. If there is a DNA hit between MH and JM, the charge makes more sense.

Becasue the chances are so very small that this happened in this case. And now with LE charging JM with what they are, it diminishes the chances all the more. The evidence from the get go pointed to someone picking up or abducting Hannah, given that she was alone, lost, confused, and things went south from there so she was dumped off somewhere, hopefully alive, still alive, but maybe, probably not.

Hannah possibly went for a week long walk too and decided just to contemplate her navel, or many other Possibilities, but the case pointed strongly, strong probability that what happened was quite simple. The odds panned out on this. So we don't discuss the far fetched possibilities until the likely ones are eliminated, or we'd be looking for UFOs.

I don't think anyone cares if the possibility is brought up, that we keep an eye out for signs this might have happened, but there is the sentiment to give it about the same amount of attention to this as the probability of this happening is, which is small. Makes no sense to discuss it a lot. There may be forums that focus on this. Not this one

bbm okay then, I'm done here

I wish the arguing about the human trafficking would stop... I think that there are a few people on this thread that are far more worried about being right than finding Hannah. That's sad. You have your thoughts and opinions, own them but accept that someone else doesn't have to have the same opinion as you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot!