VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to go afk and can't catch up but I wanted to say this(if it's already been said, I apologize);

If they want Hannah's phone records they need a warrant and it takes time through a phone company. I don't know if actual texts are available or only the numbers texted.

If they have DNA placing her in the car or also the apt. they will probably try to arrest him before releasing that info to the public. That would be the logical way to go. So LE silence doesn't mean they haven't found anything or that they aren't acting on it if they have found something.

JMO

Yes! I truly believe this. I believe Jesse has the maturity of a teenager.

The sketch is the scary face of an attacker and the photos show the blank face of a person who looks like an adolescent (and probably has a mindset to match).

The nose is quite distinct and similar. I'd imagine it was so distinct that the victim recalled it vividly. My bet is that that part of the sketch, at the very least, is accurate. Not saying it is the same person, of course, but that nose is very, very close to our POI here.

It's so funny how different everyones' perception is. I looked at it and thought "nose is totally different, and JM's lips are super-full -- distinctive and seems like something someone would comment on."

I'm so sorry to ask this but can I get a brief update. Haven't been able to check in for 4 hours. That's a lifetime for this thread! TIA

Friends of JM comparing him to Lenny from Of Mice and Men--may accidentally physically hurt people more than he means to.

He hurt someone the night Hannah disappeared, just hours before he was with her, and he "hurt them severely". Was roughhousing in a bar.
On Coy Barefoot live right now

Im starting to see a pattern emerging here.

Reportedly he did the same thing to a lawyer in 2009.He cut the lawyer off, the lawyer honked his horn and then JLM blocked him in and got out of his vehicle to ask the lawyer what he was honking about. A standoff ensued and when the lawer pulled out his cell phone and threatened to call the police, JLM took it from and punched him in the face.

Oddly JLM then apologized and drove the man to the hospital.

Full article can be found here

I see someone with poor impulse control and a bad temper who tries to hide it behind a veil of politeness and friendliness.

This really worries as it makes me wonder if he lost his temper with Hannah the same way.

It's so funny how different everyones' perception is. I looked at it and thought "nose is totally different, and JM's lips are super-full -- distinctive and seems like something someone would comment on."

The sketch talk is fascinating. I don't see a similarity (besides both being black) either. it is so crazy how differently we all perceive the same images!

Coy Barefoot (on radio show) says that he will post a story tomorrow on InsideCville.com based on his discussions with multiple people who were at Tempo when Matthew was there...any many who were there when he "came back to Tempo" with Hannah

(He did note that one person whom he spoke to believed "fairly strongly" that LJ Mattthews did NOT know Hannah)

So JM knew that people who knew him saw him with Hannah. It's not like he picked her up and there was a possibility that no one might "catch" the encounter and he could slip away with her. He had to know that he was known at Tempo and people there saw him with her.

Yet he might have still done her harm and hidden her body? Possible, but anyone would have known that the chances of getting caught doing that are very high in that scenario. Usually with these sort of things, the victim is picked up without witnesses seeing perp with the victim. I guess it could have been something that got out of hand. Curious.

Coy says he's heard rumors that MJ was a state champion wrestler but hasn't confirmed it... ready, set... go!

ETA: sounds too big for a wrestler? Isn't wrestling and football a weird combo for an athlete?

I doubt the wrestler part, especially state champion. My husband was a wrestler in HS and quit because he wanted to lift weights and bulk up. In wrestling they wanted the guys lean. And of all the words I've seen to describe JM lean isn't one of them.

Seems we may see a pattern here of just how JM rolls. Given the incident with the Lawyer as well. Funny how many people clam up when a suspected perp is not in Jail. Some talk a bit more when there is an arrest. Often after a conviction many come forward and really talk as they have nothing to fear. Just sayin.....

I don't think they can take a sample from JM without a warrant. Just trying to connect dots here

Franco is right. But this guy isn't on probation, is he?

It can happen but you're right. You've been around here long enough to know how it usually goes.

Stop it! Stop being logical!!!

BBM. Of course. Am I the only crazy person on here who reads about how LE has used psychology to flesh out and/or address, influence, pressure a suspect? The FBI is involved here, guys. And the chief of police is someone with decades of experience. They know what they're doing. It may not succeed but it seems clear to me that they are directly attempting to affect and address the suspect.

JM isn't behind bars, you know.

Okay, wouldn't this be enough to arrest Jm for? Another charge to add to the list? I;m not sure if I believe that he hurt a friend "severely" that night.

Of course it's possible. But here's the thing: Don;t they have the DNA from that 05' rape? And do they have a sample from JM? From his home? Or is that something they desperately need from him?

Has anyone seen the search warrants? I'm off to find out how this jurisdiction treats the media's access to search warrants. BRB.

Jmo, until I see severely injured roughhouse person in the flesh, I'm chalking it up to more friends making excuses. I'm thinking rumour has gotten around that JM was injured in some way and/or there was blood on his clothing/car and friends are either repeating his excuses or making them up for him.

Jmo, of course.

Reportedly he did the same thing to a lawyer in 2009.He cut the lawyer off, the lawyer honked his horn and then JLM blocked him in and got out of his vehicle to ask the lawyer what he was honking about. A standoff ensued and when the lawer pulled out his cell phone and threatened to call the police, JLM took it from and punched him in the face.

Impulse control and anger management issues. Acts out violently and then comes to his senses and apologizes. But that could be tragic when directed at someone half his size.

Who gets hurt "severely" but does not go to hospital? Maybe "severely" is being overstated? And the friend/person did not want or need medical attention? That said, JM may have some behavioral issues for sure and/or a short temper as displayed in the incident with the other driver in the assault case (which was later dropped, for those who did not read earlier threads today).

Yup, JLM seems to have a problem controlling his temper. Is that what happened to Hannah after they left the bar?

Not defending anything, but my husband was a medic for the military and well, they rough-housed A LOT - like it's what try did to pass time and just to mess with eachother - and my husband, who I would totally describe as a gentle giant, broke a fellow soldier's arm while wrestling, just playing around. It happens more than you think, especially with certain groups of friends. Makes sense a big guy, who is described as "slow" and "nice" might not realize his strength (which definitely makes me are this more as a potential accident) Again, not making excuses! This is just my opinion!

I hear ya. Yet given this situation and his temper he displayed with the road incident speaks volumes to me. "If" he perceived rejection etc. when he inflicted this injury it is a game changer. Was it guys just being guys? Has it been established he is of a low IQ? Pages go so fast I skipped many.

O/T....I was forced to buy a crockpot...jmo
and there are many a good sleuth in these forums who can tell you how to do the spot clean, house fresh, had a productive day in about 5 mins flat for those cases where...well like Hannah's.

jmo

Here... This may help us....

:sweep:

:D

So JM knew that people who knew him saw him with Hannah. It's not like he picked her up and there was a possibility that no one might "catch" the encounter and he could slip away with her. He had to know that he was known at Tempo and people there saw him with her.

Yet he might have still done her harm and hidden her body? Possible, but anyone would have known that the chances of getting caught doing that are very high in that scenario. Usually with these sort of things, the victim is picked up without witnesses seeing perp with the victim. I guess it could have been something that got out of hand. Curious.

Sounds like a not planned in advance type of crime , if he did murder her. Or else he is really, really dim. Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rythmico