VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, I've seen too many case where yes LE is reckless. I do compare them to other LE and that is why I have my suspicions. I don't believe Longo has been typical at all, but that is just my opinion. I think it says a lot that the DA was hesitant over the weekend to agree with him, and that there is this "lesser" charge of attempt right now. It almost feels like the DA is saying "Okay, give it a shot, but you still need more".

If LE is being reckless it will never pass muster in a trial, will it? I'm sticking with LE thus far. Too, too early to tell. Let the man have his day in court. IMO, he is their, THE man. I don't think he is being railroaded because he is black, despite many posts on this blog. He was the last person seen with her and she is gone. We don't know what evidence they have. Were my daughter missing, Longo would be the man I'd want in my court; passionate , driven, on target. MOO.

FOX had a guy on (Ted Williams) and he's been in C-ville for a week interviewing people.

He said tonight that one of the first things reported was that Matthew is a nice guy. HE said his team has been told the exact opposite, and they are being told he is "one Weird Dude."

That's a quote.

I wonder how much coverage the cable networks will give the case tomorrow, since they were all over ISIS today? Will we hear about a nationwide manhunt for JM?

I hope they didn't recover his "bodily fluids" in the car. How else could they include attempt to defile instead of just using "abduction"?

INTENT to defile, not attempt to defile. I think there is a difference.

If LE is being reckless it will never pass muster in a trial, will it? I'm sticking with LE thus far. Too, too early to tell. Let the man have his day in court. IMO, he is their, THE man. I don't think he is being railroaded because he is black, despite many posts on this blog. He was the last person seen with her and she is gone. We don't know what evidence they have. Were my daughter missing, Longo would be the man I'd want in my court; passionate , driven, on target. MOO.

There are a TON of cases out there with false convictions based on LE's reckless behavior. You don't have to believe it is happening in this case, but please be aware it does happen! LE is not perfect, our justice system is not perfect. Also, I have never, not once, suggested his race was a factor in anything.

Thanks for your reply. Thats what i thought, but doesnt that mean they could upgrade his charges without finding anything in his car or house? It just seems like the upgraded charges dont necessarily mean they found something new.

Well if that were the case, why didn't they charge him much earlier? They could have charged him with the more serious offense rather than the driving offense. I am pretty sure they found something more solid to indict him.

exactly. People may not like the pressers he has done, but imo he had a reason for acting the way he did, and that's something we are not privy to. I think it was all calculated and a way to get what he wanted from the poi & public. Moo

agreed! 100%

It is possible, I'm not closing the door on future finds. They did say they expected the "forensics" to be back today, so I would assume if they were testing DNA it would be back today.

I remember somewhere hearing him say "we expect forensics back next week and if they're not we will do everything we can to expedite it."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah. There has not been one substantiated case I am aware of in the last two decades of missing white girls being abducted and sold into sex slavery or whatever. Sex trafficking rings involve non-English speaking immigrants or aliens from third world or Eastern European countries and street kids and that's about it.

This is absolutely NOT true. I have worked several cases and this happens and it happens much more often than anyone might think. It happens in almost every city...just go to backpage (a top spot for advertising these young girls).

So (just asking) you think LE just woke up this morning and decided, "Hey - let's up the charges from reckless driving to abduction with intent to defile"? bbm
I think they have struggled to actually find evidence, period. They impounded his car and searched his house twice, and have been asking what anyone saw.

The strategy seems to be to apply pressure, and MAKE him mess up. They see him speeding, but dont pull him over. Instead they issue an arrest warrant. They leak his ssn and follow him. Personally, i think they know exactly where he is. If they didnt know, that means they wouldnt know if he returned to body.

They could upgrade the charge on current evidence, before dna comes back, in hopes that he will turn himself in (because he thinks hes been caught). It could be just increasing the pressure, not new evidence.

I agree with the thought that trafficking may be involved.

Maybe just my imagination but the video from sals, looks like he is stopped with his phone up right as he enters the frame, old guy pulls his phone up a few seconds later when he stops before she walks by. Possible text messages between those two?

The presser from tonight sounds to me like CPD got their hand slapped by higher agencies tying this to a larger case.

If he is involved in trafficking, he certainly doesn't appear to be making any money doing it!!

Interesting. Someone mentioned that they may have found date rape drugs. That could account for both charges if they think she was under the influence of drugs before getting into the car with him. Maybe they think he was delivering her to someone?

I mentioned the date rape drug, this could be the case. No proof of actual rape, but discovery of the drug and knowledge he abducted her. I keep thinking about the fact LE was seeking the car before JM, could they have footage of her being forced into the car, but not the the person that was forcing her?

FOX had a guy on (Ted Williams) and he's been in C-ville for a week interviewing people.

He said tonight that one of the first things reported was that Matthew is a nice guy. HE said his team has been told the exact opposite, and they are being told he is "one Weird Dude."

That's a quote.

He's a former homicide det. and I love that guy. He is just spot on when he talks about cases. imo

I remember somewhere hearing him say "we expect forensics back next week and if they're not we will do everything we can to expedite it."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yesterday Longo said it would be back today. Also, there is a tweet a page or two back saying that forensics led to this charge. Take that as you may.

I wonder how much coverage the cable networks will give the case tomorrow, since they were all over ISIS today? Will we hear about a nationwide manhunt for JM?

Nancy Grace has opened with Hannah's case tonight, but not sure yet how up to date she is, she's still discussing the new search of the apartment.

Isn't alexis murphys killer behind bars?

Yes, but her body has never been found. I think this is what the orig poster was referring to (not having found Hannah or her body yet) :(

Yeah. There has not been one substantiated case I am aware of in the last two decades of missing white girls being abducted and sold into sex slavery or whatever. Sex trafficking rings involve non-English speaking immigrants or aliens from third world or Eastern European countries and street kids and that's about it.

I looked back for the link and couldn't find it yet, but saw a report from Baton Rouge of a big prostitution bust that included several arrests plus one missing person. That's exactly what the headline said. They disclosed no details on the missing person. It would be interesting to know if this person was a walk-away or an abductee. We may never hear due to privacy concerns, though.

ETA: the report was current, as in from today. Sorry I left that out.

Haven't analysts and commentators been saying that LE's behaviour in this case has not been "typical"? Looks reckless to me. I really hope the guy is truly guilty considering they've destroyed his life ATM.

LE didn't destroy JLM's life, JLM did that all on his own!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member