VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, maybe this has already been covered, but first year students at UVA live in dorms on campus, and there is not too much reason to venture off campus. Housing is not guaranteed after first year, so many second years get off campus apartments. This does not mean they are automatically familiar with their new neighborhoods. When I was at UVA, I got turned around a lot during the first few weeks of second year, and I lived in an apartment near 14th and Grady. I do think HG was lost, or at least turned around, or disoriented given she was intoxicated. Same thing happened to me when I was there. I think she wanted to be heading back down 14th towards her apartment near the Corner, but somehow ended up heading downtown. Just my .02 IMO.

I did a lot of stupid stuff back in my underage drinking college days, and I would certainly not point the finger at anyone other than myself. There but for the grace of god go I...

But don't you think the Main Street area is an area freshmen frequent often? I don't know, I guess if she got turned around while still near her apartment, and got on Prescott heading the wrong way, once she got to the mall she would realize where she was. I think there's a chance she knew she had veered off-course once she hit the mall and was heading to the free trolley stop for a lift back to the area where she lived at Grand Marc.
Hannah posted on her twitter she helped a drunk girl get to a bus (in late August).

Yes it is. With all the media attention, it will be difficult to find a group of impartial jurors should this case move to trial.

You'd be surprised the number of people who pay not attention to the tv or cases like this. It's hard to imagine when one is so immersed in the case or stories like this - but Casey Anthony proved otherwise.

Isn't it funny (and by funny I mean frustrating as &*$$) how we can all read/hear/see the same thing, and interpret it a thousand different ways? :tantrum:

You took the words right out of my mouth! Or text box.. Whatever.

Isn't it funny (and by funny I mean frustrating as &*$$) how we can all read/hear/see the same thing, and interpret it a thousand different ways? :tantrum:

YUP eyewitnesses do that too! Humans are strange animals. JMO

I find it odd that no eyewitnesses--either on or off the record--have come forward claiming they saw Jesse and Hannah at the Tempo bar/restaurant that night.

We don't know that they haven't. I sure as heck as a college student would NOT be calling CNN/HLN/media to share with the world what I have submitted as a tip and told the police. And hopefully, these young folks are smarter than to put themselves in the media, and potentially discredit them for the future. We've seen it happen before :moo:

I'm still thinking perhaps Hannah died accidentally (reaction from a date rape drug, vomited and choked on it) and JM freaked out.

LE has enough evidence to charge JM with abduction with intent to defile. Again, charges aren't a conviction, but the charge indicates he targeted her with nefarious intentions. And while I can't comment on his true intentions, the mall video shows he targeted her (for whatever reason).

I really hope this is just to get samples of her DNA.

I thought of this but can't they get it from her mother? Then again I guess it might be easier to get it from a hair or something in her apartment/dorm. I kinda was thinking they would already have a sample of her DNA.

I have to believe that they have much more than an arm around her and unused condoms to support the kidnapping with intent to defile. I think an unmarried 32 year old is, more likely than not to be in possession of prophylactic birth control. Certainly not indicative of intent to commit a crime.

Just curious.
What do you know they have? (if like the rest of us, you know that he was seen with her before she went missing)
What do you think they have?

ETA: Intended quote

Whatever happened to the eye witness interviews Coy Barefoot promised to release, from the night she went missing? Either he was silenced by LE or they never did exist. Or, I'm being cynical and he just hasn't posted them yet. I think it will be interesting to hear about the roughhousing in the bar that led to him accidentally hurting someone, just before he was with Hannah.

Yeah, But I've been feeling bit cynical about Coy since Saturday when he pulled a similar stunt: tweeted that he was working frantically & would be publishing new revelations... They never appeared either.

I *do* feel it's possible that the media may have been asked by LE to "keep quiet" on some aspects of the case, & wonder why. JMO

That eventually may be a defense offered but he is being charged with abduction so whatever/if he gave her she was also unvoluntarily taken.

LE has enough evidence to charge JM with abduction with intent to defile. Again, charges aren't a conviction, but the charge indicates he targeted her with nefarious intentions.

The charges only indicate what LE thinks happened. A lot of people have speculated that this is just a charge that they can later update, but who knows.

Ref: Hannah's pants, I asked cville_bob to come and clarify. He was a searcher.

This is a very interesting question. I've been researching the HG case practically non-stop since she disappeared, and I don't recall her black pants/leggings being mentioned to the searchers in their instructions. To me, it's just as important to consider what the police is not saying, along with what they do say.

Lol. So true. I feel like my opinion is swinging back and forth because of all these different interpretations. I would be an awful juror[emoji33]

Yeah, But I've been feeling bit cynical about Coy since Saturday when he pulled a similar stunt: tweeted that he was working frantically & would be publishing new revelations... They never appeared either.

I was just getting to post a question as to if anyone knew any more about this article Coy was promising. I'm very very interested in reading it.

We don't know that they haven't. I sure as heck as a college student would NOT be calling CNN/HLN/media to share with the world what I have submitted as a tip and told the police. And hopefully, these young folks are smarter than to put themselves in the media, and potentially discredit them for the future. We've seen it happen before :moo:
But people do this all the time, I guess driven by human nature for publicity.

Ok I am constantly playing catch up with this thread and have had to resort to skimming to try to stay caught up, but something is bothering me, and if it's been addressed I apologize in advance. It has been stated multiple times that men often take home intoxicated women hoping to get lucky and have sex. I just think it should be noted that if a person is intoxicated they are unable to give consent and that is a crime in itself. That behavior should not be brushed off or just accepted because "it happens everywhere all the time".

Having sex with someone who is intoxicated is not a crime, having sex with someone who is incapacitated is. There is a common misbelief that consent cannot be given if intoxicated, but the standard is actually the level of incapacitation. If someone is unconscious or falling down drunk then they would be regarded as incapable of consent, simply being drunk in itself does not mean you can't consent. Also, being drunk is not a defense for your personal actions, so if you are extremely drunk and pursued the sexual activity yourself (and there is evidence of this) you would not be able to claim lack of consent on your part since you would be the one doing the assaulting.

I'm still thinking perhaps Hannah died accidentally (reaction from a date rape drug, vomited and choked on it) and JM freaked out.

Really? Where do you get that idea? What do you suggest LE do to prove that theory? I am not saying it is impossible, because, yes, it is possible, but it's such a specific event you think happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkipTracer-tg