VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that it was/is a possibility that is diminishing by the minutes going by. There are all sort of possibilites here, with some of the statistically more possible than others. It's been over a week since Hannah disappeared, and in such cases, I believe the chances are very small that a victim in such a case is still alive. Not that it has not happened. There have been a number of cases where missing persons have reappeared after years. But this case is different in that It fits a rather typical profile where the victim is usually dead by now. I am hoping otherwise.

It is entirely possible that JM just threw Hannah somewhere remote, and she is still alive. Perhaps her memory is affected. Perhaps she is getting by on what she can scrounge. Hopefully, JM tells LE where he left Hannah, adn she is traced.
bbm
Possible yet statistically unlikely.

Good observation. I've been wondering about that since the videos were released.

Ditto, been thinking he might be wearing some kind of clip-ons, or a special cap worn for work in hospital.

...and in many of the cases, they mention a man about 6' tall with dreadlocks. I sure hope that those 7-8 other items that they are comparing his DNA to cover a whole bunch of these cases. If his DNA matches, he will be locked up and never be able to hurt another young woman again.
And there was testimony at the Randy Taylor trial that there was another person possibly involved.

"Once commonwealth's attorney Anthony Martin rested his case, Hallahan called his first witness. One woman claimed to have seen Murphy and Taylor together near a downtown Charlottesville parking garage after seeing the two on the news. She also testified about seeing a burgundy car driven by a man with dreadlocks."

I could easily see burnt orange being mistaken as burgundy? And yes there is a lot of people with dreadlocks, but the coincidences of dreadlocks are really starting to add up IMO.

Is there a "suspected rt29 serial killer" thread somewhere? If not could someone start one and link it? It would be nice to be able to post theories/coincidences/comparisons/etc. without having to worry about the restrictive rules on this and other threads. I mean this is a "sleuth" site right?

How long can he hide?

He needs to eat. Who will feed him?

One of the headlines on release of videos described them as "haunting", which I think is the perfect definition.

When I saw the post tonight about the distance between the Shell gas station and the Downtown Mall, and that it was nearly impossible to make it there in the timeline depicted from the videos, I think it was implied that HG may have gotten a ride. On that wave-length, I wonder if she may have gotten a ride from LM and if that's why she may have appeared to know him when she ran into him later, and why she may have been a little bit comfortable with him and the potential promise of another ride (home)?

I think she ran-walked-ran down Preston Ave all the way to the mall. It's not that far from the Shell Station to the mall -- less than half a mile. If the police thought JM picked up HG before she got to the mall I think they'd be asking for witnesses re that time period. Here's a relevant chron from the C-ville weekly:

"One video obtained by police shows a woman identified as Graham walking unsteadily west on Preston and circling the patio in front of McGrady’s restaurant around 12:45am. She briefly approaches the front door, then turns back to Preston and heads east toward downtown. Ten minutes later, video shot from the Shell gas station east of the restaurant shows the same woman running briefly, then returning to a walk and continuing east, where she was captured again on surveillance by cameras at The Crossings, a single resident occupancy building at the corner of Fourth Street.

Longo said despite investigators’ initial alarm over her running, police believe that she was not being chased.

Sometime around 1am, Longo said, an eyewitness placed her at the Second Street Mall crossing, and additional surveillance video confirms that she then headed east up the Mall." http://www.c-ville.com/video-confirms-missing-uva-student-hannah-graham-downtown-mall/#.VCJS-PldXkU

Sorry, no. She is gone. It is just one of those things that people can sense who have these kinds of senses about things.

There's no magic to this. No sensing necessary. Logic tells us this little gal is probably no longer alive.

But it doesn't hurt to hope and you never know. Some cases have had surprising, incredible twists. She could be bound somewhere, hidden, waiting for someone to rescue her.

Likely? Probably a .00000000000000000000001% chance, but it think it's okay to hope.

My apologizes Ms Joplin. I thought since there was a national manhunt now for a suspect with dreadlocks from Charlottesville for the abduction of Hannah, and with all of the previous reports in the past about this mystery dreadlocks man that we could mention it since it is possible tying into Hannah now.

New to websleuths but have been following this thread from the beginning. I wanted to share this info if it has not already been posted in here. Its a news article from Albemarle County dated Aug 26 2013 about an attempted abduction by a man with dreadlocks!

http://www.nbc29.com/story/23261573...gate-attempted-abduction#.UhwcLEex1u0.twitter

This stood out to me concerning the article: "UPDATE: What 911 dispatchers initially confirmed was an attempted abduction Monday night in Albemarle County is now being investigated as a suspicious circumstance."

I interpret the update to mean they believe the report may be false.

The rules are the same all over the board.

What evidence exists to support a Rt29 SK. If it's sufficient, I'll open a thread in the SK forum. We need a factual basis for a thread , though.

Guess I have misunderstood the entire reason this forum exists, my mistake.

She was an athlete and some footage shows her jogging. Another poster here suggested that the multiple cameras from various establishments were not time synced.

She was so extremely intoxicated. Everywhere she wandered to seemed to be in search for more alcohol. One video shows her being denied entrance into a bar, which she stumbled away from. Most people pass out when they drink too much, but some people keep walking and talking. HG may have been one of those types. I speak from experience. I must admit that in my twenties, I did similar, dangerous things. I walked and talked during black outs, in search for more alcohol. I would appear fairly coherent. My friends called it "psychodrunk" and I would have zero sense of direction as well. (I know...I was really stupid) JM buys her more drinks, possibly at her request....while her condition is obvious....he did not need to drug her to get what he "wanted". I wonder if he took her home and served her even more alcohol and she possibly asphyxiated? She could have succumbed to alcohol poisoning in his home or even in his car. Another possibility is he did let her go in the parking lot and she could have met with foul play elsewhere. She had consumed even more alcohol. She could have walked into traffic and been struck and injured by a driver who was drinking as well and hid her. (Do alcohol sales end at 2am in Charlottesville?) It appears JM played a nefarious part in her last moments. I hope the truth is found out for her loving family's sake. To see all of these videos must be horrific for them.

If I found a person in this condition, I would take them to the ER. As someone else mentioned a million posts ago, so many missed opportunities to help this girl, especially by the businesses she was in or trying to get into.

Everywhere else she walks that nite takes her long time but she can go over mile in dark uphill in5 minutes? And was supposed to be drunk? Doesn't add up

I think she ran-walked-ran down Preston Ave all the way to the mall. It's not that far from the Shell Station to the mall -- less than half a mile. If the police thought JM picked up HG before she got to the mall I think they'd be asking for witnesses re that time period. Here's a relevant chron from the C-ville weekly:

"One video obtained by police shows a woman identified as Graham walking unsteadily west on Preston and circling the patio in front of McGrady’s restaurant around 12:45am. She briefly approaches the front door, then turns back to Preston and heads east toward downtown. Ten minutes later, video shot from the Shell gas station east of the restaurant shows the same woman running briefly, then returning to a walk and continuing east, where she was captured again on surveillance by cameras at The Crossings, a single resident occupancy building at the corner of Fourth Street.

Longo said despite investigators’ initial alarm over her running, police believe that she was not being chased.

Sometime around 1am, Longo said, an eyewitness placed her at the Second Street Mall crossing, and additional surveillance video confirms that she then headed east up the Mall." http://www.c-ville.com/video-confirms-missing-uva-student-hannah-graham-downtown-mall/#.VCJS-PldXkU

If the POI's vehicle passed on Preston Ave. in either direction, LE would be able to see that in either of the uncut videos, i.e. McGrady's or (especially) Shell. If Hannah had been running from the Shell station to the first entry points into The Mall, she could easily cover that distance between 12:55 (Shell video) to shortly after 1am (first documented eyewitness sighting downtown). Furthermore, if she had been running, this could account for her perceived "physical distress" by WG, since she would still be catching her breath and would have worked up a sweat.

I thought that I read that his mom was the passenger in the car with him when he sped away from LE -- so she can feed him, too.
well........... at his weight he could possibly live a few days without food. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasApril87