VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #14 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So how was this person that different than the woman back in Va. who noticed someone who looked like JM in a food court and alerted the police? Some here considered her actions "hysteria"!! Once the public starts looking for suspicious people - it makes running and hiding much more difficult. LE cannot be everywhere - Remember the Boston bombers? Even with the streets swarming with LE in riot gear, it was a homeowner who found one of them in his boat....I'm just sayin'

It seems to me BOTH people did exactly what LE asked them to do.

The poster says, if you have information about his whereabouts, to not attempt to apprehend him themselves, but to call CPD / the tip line / LE.

http://localtvwtvr.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/wanted-poster-no-ss.jpg?w=770&h=880

They weren't showing the wanted poster constantly and disseminating it all over the media hoping that people would see someone they thought was JM and NOT alert LE.

If a person thought they saw someone who looked like him in a food court on a beach at the airport or anywhere else, they did what they were told to do. Alert authorities if they had possible information on his whereabouts.

To be honest, unless I've missed it, I've not even seen anything other than rumors saying the possible fast food/McDonald's thing actually happened or all the details of it, other than a few people saying what they have heard may have happened. Is there truly confirmation anywhere in the media or something saying the entire possible event even did happen or is this all a rumor? :waitasec:

Unless I've missed something while replying, I've not even seen anything definitively say the person said that it was JM on the beach, but rather that it was a suspicious man - or suspicious behavior of the man - who was camping on the beach that had them call in a tip.

Per WTVR:
A Houston CNN affiliate reported that authorities ran the license plate of the vehicle Matthew was traveling in, after receiving a call that a suspicious man was camping on the beach.

Per KHOU:

According to Galveston County Judge Mark Henry, deputies received a call about a suspicious person camping in a tent on the beach.

To me that's not clear if they thought it was suspicious someone was camping there period (as in if they shouldn't have been there or didn't seem to have a permit or whatever)? If the person was doing something suspicious that made them feel he was possibly suspicious or up to something? Or if they were suspicious he was actually JM?

If they had no clue it was JM, then LE were very fortunate that someone saw someone else suspicious and it ended up being JM. From the WTRV article, we now know they did know he was in Texas at least, so maybe they were hopeful on a call of a suspicious person calling, even if the tipster didn't connect it.

If the RP thought it might be JM, then LE was also blessed to have an observant citizen who remembered a story regarding a missing person case that began over 1000 miles away, saw someone suspicious despite that person being WAY out of the expected context, or even the states LE alerted the public and agencies he even had context in.

There are hundreds and thousands of people in Charlottesville (and beyond) who saw the video aired for days and didn't realize it was Jesse Matthew, and yet they are friends, family, coworkers, classmates, parishioners, patients, and neighbors of his. People who actually DO know him and/or at least have interacted with him in person didn't connect him with the video in the beginning.

If it truly was someone who recognized him that out of context in Texas and called it in thinking it was JM, and it wasn't just something else about him doing/seeming/acting suspicious, frankly I think the person needs just as much praise as the officer who arrested him got. Though I'm sure the person probably didn't have that cross their mind if they had even realized it was Jesse Matthew.

And Jm pulled in front of his vehicle, cutting him off. He then grabbed his cell phone out of his hand and threw it to the ground, after punching him in the face...

I wonder if he also thought about driving Hannah to the hospital. Then he decided that may not work out so well for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, I've never posted before, but I've been lurking since Sierra Lamar and Mickey Shunick (the latter was apparently good friends with a cousin of mine living in Louisiana). I was just reading Hannah's Twitter and came across this tweet.

"Got an alone drunk girl to a bus tonight #hoosgotyourback"

Oh, Hannah :whine: It's so tragically ironic that someone couldn't do the same for you.

Please forgive me if quoting her Twitter is against the rules or something.

Omg, that's so sad. What is the date of it?

...or, whoever accuses someone who expresses differing opinions of not using their brain, which is what gitana1 did. Looking as objectively as I can at this board, I see reason and critical thinking in most of the posts, on both sides of the issue.

No ma'am. That's not what I did. I was responding to posts indicating we cannot form an opinion and believe this man is likely guilty, until we are given all the evidence. Not at all.

link Snoods?

"And pulling in front of his vehicle, cutting him off. He then grabbed his cell phone out of his hand and threw it to the ground."

It has been linked many times before, do I need to find it and link it again?

bond denied on the two significant charges. JM isn't going anywhere, probably ever again, except for a few Prison transports. I'm sure those will serve as enjoyable vacations for him.

The part that scares me a little is what if he did harm HG and he took her remains with him? He could have dumped her anywhere...but that would be really stupid even for JM.

Oh, please do not get me wrong. I don't think it's stupid to not be fully committed to guilt. Not at all. I could never say that! I was directly addressing the admonition that we need to "step back" and not judge because there is no way we can, and that it is impossible and wrong to "judge" before we know everything LE knows and I was responding to why many of us do and can, right now, to some degree.

I myself will weigh the evidence. It is absolutely logical and rational to examine the evidence and to not be certain until all is revealed. I'm not 100% certain, yet. But I'd gladly make a bet! Because it is also logical and rational to judge this case now and determine that JM is MORE THAN LIKELY quite guilty of harming Hannah.

I'm so sorry for the confusion!!!!!!!

Thanks for clarifying, gitana1. Much appreciated. I find all of your posts informative and interesting, btw.

Speaking of sympathy for Hannah, I was thinking about her earlier today when I was crocheting some hats to donate to an animal rescue thrift store. I enjoy my hobby and how it enables me help those in need and Hannah will never get to experience the things she enjoyed. It made me so grateful for my life to live and so sad her life, her future, was probably taken from her.

Thank you - such a sweet and tender thing to say!

No ma'am. That's not what I did. I was responding to posts indicating we cannot form an opinion and believe this man is likely guilty, until we are given all the evidence. Not at all.

Right, I just saw your other post and appreciate the clarification. And I lean the same way you do on this, btw--just have some doubts I can't yet seem to discount.

There is no passport/latex gloves connection! Just WS speculation on a passport, and the gloves most likely belonged to LE, as they were not in evidence bags and were being casually handled.

I think "Stones" was being facetious.
Stones: "I don't know... Makes me wonder...especially with the whole passport/latex gloves connection."

All the things you describe above are indicative of a sub-par intelligence.One of the things that delineates humans from animals is the ability to think instead of just reacting instinctively to situations.

Most animals cannot ponder their own failures and shortcomings and actively work to mitigate them either.
Sure, they could be, but I don't think they are in JM's case. I'm not trying to argue that he's a genius or mentally handicapped; my only point is that I believe he has similar intelligence to the millions of other people who don't go around punching people in the face. That's important to me because, as Longo said, WHEN this goes to trial, I'd imagine his lawyer might attempt to argue reduced mental capability, and I think that's a load of s***. He's a 32-year-old man, not a five-year-old. He clearly knows right from wrong (ex.: road rage incident, apologizing and driving vic to hospital), so if he did harm HG in any way, he knew it was wrong.

That's my crucial point: JM is smart enough to know that hurting someone is wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
in2itive