VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #15 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This may have been posted already, can't keep up. Here is a better description of what JM says---
"Sir, I have a question for you," Matthew said to the judge. "Like, they took all of my clothes and ... I feel like I should be able to have some kind of clothes."

"You appear to me to be dressed in a jumpsuit," Judge Henry replied.

"Well once I get back, they are going to take my jumpsuit off," Matthew said

When my sister was in jail she was transferred to a new jail at one point. They ended up putting her in isolation, with no clothes, after she got scabies at the new jail. This was within hours of her arrival. I wonder if he is in some sort of isolation with no clothing.

Its possible theyve already obtained his DNA from his apartment right? i mean obviously they will have to warrant an actual swab for evidence but they might have it already no?

Perhaps, but that doesn't allow witnessing of taking from his body by a technician with chain of command/evidence following - which :moo: is required for court.

Right. I was listening to a DC radio station this morning and they reported that about 90% of Charlottesville had been searched for Hannah so far. I'm thinking it's more likely she's on the outskirts of Charlottesville. I'd be interested to find out if/when JM's roommates heard him come home early that morning. We haven't heard anything about the roommates at all actually unless I've missed something.

bbm I have wondered about that as well, the time he got home that night/morning, if he went home that morning. I know that I have seen/known people to carry extra clothes in their vehicles. Lots of people work multiple part time jobs and don't have time to go home to change. As I have said before hunting season starts in 2 days, sept 27, its youth day iirc but people will be out in the wooded areas. Also in this area dogs are used for hunting and that will probably be more helpful. jmo idk

I doubt that JM transported HG's body to Texas! They would know by smell from the trunk of the car right away. JMO

Even without a gag order, cases can go silent after an arrest. There is no gag order in the Justin Ross Harris case, and we only hear about the case every now and then. In that case, no one is talking and no info is being released. Cooper is not missing though.

It is the ones where the victim is missing that bother me, when nothing at all comes out, not even any info about searching or reminding people that the person has not been found.

Boy, once they got this guy locked up, the witnesses and the trash-talkers sure came out of the woodwork, didn't they ?

Of course, that would be trash-talkers, pro AND con. I don't remember much of anybody saying a peep before he got locked up.

Someone please answer a question I have about DNA testing. Don't investigators have to take a swab from JM to run through CODIS? It can't just be DNA they believe to be his from his apartment and car, right?

jmo
Surreptitious sampling is legal in most states. For instance, a discarded cigarette butt can be used to obtain a sample. However, a warrant is required to seize items from a person's home, and DNA samples can then be acquired from those seized items. That said, once a suspect is taken into custody, a cheek swab would be obtained either at arrest, or with a warrant.

I will post links in a little while.

As I have said before hunting season starts in 2 days, sept 27, its youth day iirc but people will be out in the wooded areas. Also in this area dogs are used for hunting and that will probably be more helpful. jmo idk

Ya I have the same feeling...like I have also mentioned. GW State Forrest and Shenandoah are a 30ish minute drive from C-Ville.

Wonder if he works in pairs?

http://www.christianpost.com/news/h...r-rape-allegations-described-as-weird-127001/

"Jesse Matthew, the man charged with the abduction of missing University of Virginia student Hannah Graham, was reportedly expelled from a Christian university after being accused of rape.

Matthew, 32 and a nurse's assistant, were forced to leave Liberty University in Lynchburg, Virginia in 2002 after a claim that he sexually assaulted a female student, according to reports"

>>>>snip>>>>

"M J, another former teammate, described Matthew as being "awkward around people" and "kind of weird."

i and bbm.

When is the Press Conf...or did it already happen?

PC from Gal Tx this afternoon..probably
searches will be conducted in Gal county for HG

source: http://abc13.com/live/
WATCH LIVE: Officials discuss arrest of UVA abduction suspect

BBM

:thud:

Is beyond my comprehension that he risked traveling with her body all the way there. That would mean he would have to have gone back, gotten the body, traveled with a decomposed body in the car..... just cannot fathom it. Not saying it's not possible, just cannot fathom it.

quite a ways back a friend of JM said that his car has been beat up for awhile.

MLenk, The temporary tire is only good for about 50 miles of travel. Unless he kept replacing the temp tire with another one, I would question the friends info..
Seems likely that the damage was done to the front bumper and to the original tire at the same time..jmo

One poster on the last thread said he would have had to supply DNA in 2009 when he was charged with assault-is this true? At what point in VA do suspects have to submit to DNA, if anyone knows, while I go look it up...

Also, Imo, Hannah being aware of the danger of being "lost" and intoxicated, as per her tweet about the girl she helped to a bus, is puzzling considering what her actions and movements were on the night she disappeared. What on earth compelled her to leave her friends and walk around alone, I guess we will never know.

ETA: it appears VA can take DNA at time of arrest, either for all crimes or all "serious" crimes, depending where you read, but does not define serious. So JM may have been in the system for a while, thus eliminating him from Morgan, etc. Or he may not have been. So there, clear as mud.

to me If his DNA had already ruled him out of that they would have said that so they don't have to keep fielding questions on it.

Right. I was listening to a DC radio station this morning and they reported that about 90% of Charlottesville had been searched for Hannah so far. I'm thinking it's more likely she's on the outskirts of Charlottesville. I'd be interested to find out if/when JM's roommates heard him come home early that morning. We haven't heard anything about the roommates at all actually unless I've missed something.

Ya I have the same feeling...like I have also mentioned. GW State Forrest and Shenandoah are a 30ish minute drive from C-Ville.

They did search in some more rural areas around Charlottesville on the massive search day. I saw them 8 miles south of Cville. I'm hoping hunting season brings the opportunity for her body(if no longer alive...I still like to hold out hope) will be found. What I fear is that with JM being local, he might know of large tracts of private land that do not allow hunting. Who knows if he does or not, but it is possible and could make for even more difficulty to locate Hannah.

http://www.christianpost.com/news/h...r-rape-allegations-described-as-weird-127001/

"Jesse Matthew, the man charged with the abduction of missing University of Virginia student Hannah Graham, was reportedly expelled from a Christian university after being accused of rape.

Matthew, 32 and a nurse's assistant, were forced to leave Liberty University in Lynchburg, Virginia in 2002 after a claim that he sexually assaulted a female student, according to reports"

Thanks, I just had a feeling that would come out. There are no stats other than a very limited one for his time at LU. Couldn't find any for HS. And that just seemed off. That and the fact that he was only there two years...felt like he was possibly asked to leave. There were no pictures even of him as a HS or College Athlete and IMO that too is odd.

MLenk, The temporary tire is only good for about 50 miles of travel. Unless he kept replacing the temp tire with another one, I would question the friends info..
Seems likely that the damage was done to the front bumper and to the original tire at the same time..jmo

More than one person has said the damage to the car has been there for a while, if I'm not mistaken. One is a poster here. The tire may be relatively new, but not necessarily the damage, IMO.

I doubt that JM transported HG's body to Texas! They would know by smell from the trunk of the car right away. JMO

I wouldn't have thought that either but that's what the official guy said "searches will be conducted in Galveston county"

he answered " I don't know" to most other questions, even when asked if he had his sisters car
pc later will reveal more.
If she was transported alive, she wouldn't smell
??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads