VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #15 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it was written by a lawyer and the name was wrong on purpose. There is no excuse to have the name wrong . I think they are saying they did not serve Heather Graham. Like I said earlier, I would boycott the place.

I respect your opinion 100%. I regularly get paid to write, edit, proofread, translate press releases, & stand by my original comment. While I've never done so in this kind of situation, I have, on more than one occasion. wanted to crawl under my desk & DIE with embarrassment & shame at missing such an awful error before hitting "send". JMO.

I'm not so sure about this. If they don't take a persons DNA until after they are sentenced, how could it ever be used in court as evidence? I have never heard a suspect had to be tried, convicted and sentenced before they had to provide a DNA sample.

ya'll are mixing different things up. Now in many/most states you are required to give your DNA if you are convicted of a felony even if the case against you had nothing to do with DNA (like writing bad checks). Obviously if DNA is involve in the case they can get a warrant for your DNA before even arresting you. But in the former case they take it post conviction (possible some place they do it sooner idk i'm ignorant what specific policies are)

At that hour, it is no longer a restaurant. They only serve alcohol and they had a doorman. That is how many restaurants are around here. After dinner hours, it turns to a strictly bar scene and they ID at the door.
Very true...thanks for the reminder.

(((((Hugs)))))I thought they had rape kits at the hospital and also there would be evidence of her being roughed up.Did they use the wrong word"Evidence"and really the young woman didn't want to press charges?
Seemed that way from the post above. My apologies for misunderstanding your intent.

Poor Hannah where are you. This just gets uglier and uglier. He is sooooo big and she so slight. Not sure if I even want to know the ugly if/when Hannah is found.

Yes, I'm sure they did too. Sounds like a bit of CYA from the restaurant, since she was underage. She was waiting outside?
Not unless she knew him ....

Longo does say he knows "[Hannah] and Jesse Matthew weren't the only people in the Tempo Restaurant that night." They must know she was inside but that doesn't mean they got that info from Tempo or its employees. It is obviously Tempo's stance that she was NOT in the restaurant. LE might know better.
Link below at time mark 18:32

http://www.nbc29.com/story/26588920...s-make-emotional-plea-for-help-from-community

http://www.wsls.com/story/26626737/tempo-restaurant-plays-crucial-role-in-search-for-hannah-graham

"Tempo Restaurant plays crucial role in search for Hannah Graham"

Posted: Sep 25, 2014 11:26 AM EST "

" On Wednesday, September 17, when the Charlottesville Police Department first released video that showed Hannah walking along the downtown mall at around 1 a.m., Tempo was able to immediately provide authorities with information that pinpointed the location of the person of interest, Mr. Matthew."

Restaurant officials said details of credit card receipts showed Matthew had made a purchase at the bar shortly after midnight while Hannah was still making her way towards the downtown mall from Preston Avenue. They said those records also confirmed that Matthew returned to Tempo at 1:10 a.m. and left shortly after, although Hannah Graham was not seen inside the restaurant and was never served.

Hannah was, however, noticed by the door-person outside the restaurant at the time, and seen leaving with Matthew shortly thereafter, according to officials.

Cunningham said those details helped police reconstruct Hannah Graham's movements and last known whereabouts."

rbbm.

I think it was written by a lawyer and the name was wrong on purpose. There is no excuse to have the name wrong . I think they are saying they did not serve Heather Graham. Like I said earlier, I would boycott the place.

I think if they were intentionally using a wrong name, they would've done it throughout the entire letter. Looks like an innocent error in the header to me.

Wonder why they had no evidence if she was taken to the hospital.

Maybe it was decided to drop charges... If JM was to be expelled, instead?

Many surrounding the case (university administration) may have wanted it to be kept out of the media, etc.?

Just some thoughts...

In virginia you can not be solely a bar. You have to sell 50/50 or 60/40 food to alcohol. You can however after you stop serving food like they do at 10pm have a bouncer at the door for the bar only.

What if she was meeting someone at Tempo and she asked JM if he was going there and if he could go inside to see if so and so was inside. That would explain why she waited outside for 15 minutes. Tempos is at the end of the Mall, there isnt much else after it so it seems a likely scenario that she was going there to begin with. (if she wasnt lost) Remember his car was nearby so maybe he wasn't following her but rather going back to his car and was going to stop back into Tempos since he was there earlier.

Good idea. Could be that he was a drug hook-up and he gets his stuff from the bar tender or another employee in Tempo?

Maybe. We don't know. Maybe he said sit here, instead of suggesting that she go into the restaurant for the Coke/water. Maybe she was feeling sick? Didn't want to go in but was grateful he would bring her something. So many scenarios could have happened. Doubt we will ever know for sure

She was either inside or she was not. Conflicting reports. Who knows? JM for sure. Doorperson. Bartender. Eyewitnesses inside and outside. Certainly not us. JMO

NBC29 ‏@NBC29 30m
MT @TracyABC13: Authorities will conduct search for Hannah Graham in Galveston County Texas.

So they think he may have took her/her body to TX with him now?

"Eyewitnesses reported seeing him with Graham at the Tempo Restaurant on the Downtown Mall in Charlottesville the night she disappeared."

http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/local/2014/09/23/missing-uva-student-hannah-graham/16121571/

That says to me that they were there together at the restaurant, not in the restaurant. jmo idk On that note, not directed at you, astridxx but, was it nor reported early on that she approached the door but never went in? maybe I am mistaken. it's all confusing

Liberty doesnt need charges. Students there have to sign a strict "morality contract" and anything that violates that in the eyes of the university is reason for expulsion. It also actively encourages students to come forward when they witness other students engaging in behavior that the school finds unacceptable.

I have a cousin who works in Lynchburg at the local BW3's and they actually had to tint the windows in their private banquet room because of student fears of other ratting them out for seeing them drinking even one alcoholic beverage after exams.
Wowsers. Thanks for your reply. I meant Legal charges. I did read on tho and have my answer. Again thanks for your reply.

Parker Slaybaugh 8News - 4 mins · HANNAH GRAHAM BREAKING: Liberty University has confirmed that Jesse Matthew was expelled from the University in 2002, following an alleged sex attack on a female student.

Tempo gave NO information about what JM did when he returned to the place while Hannah waited outside. He could have gone in to to use the restroom, for all we know. THey likely gave LE ALL receipts they had that night, so they are unlikely to lie about any of this. 'That she stood outside the place on her own waiting for him, indicates that he did not coerce her into accompanying him. My guess is that she took him up on an offer for a ride and was waiting for him to do something in there. Whether it was to use the restroom facilities, to pick up something he might have left there from earlier, or to get another drink or get something to go, Tempo has not released that info so we don't know. LE most likely does.

Seems to me that Hannah was not the only one who had some drinks that night. TEmpo indicates that JM had run up a tab there. Could be colas and food, but I am willing to bet that he was also having some alcohol as well. May come out how much and when since we know LE has that info at least from the one place.

At that time of the night, the kitchen would be closed and all that would remain were bar patrons. There are lots of restaurants like this. After a certain time, when only the bar remains open, they do not allow those not yet of legal drinking age enter. Given this is a college town with lots of young adults, I believe this to be the case. Especially since there is a "door man", aka "Bouncer" that checks for ID at the door.

That's what I'm thinking now.So his family knew about this.No way to hide it.
Maybe it was decided to drop charges... If JM was to be expelled, instead?

Many surrounding the case (university administration) may have wanted it to be kept out of the media, etc.?

Just some thoughts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member