VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #15 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding the search in Texas for Hannah, how could they know if she was with him? If they have search dogs they don't have anything of hers in Texas to use. Unless they found some of her personal items in the car (blue nissan) that would trigger a possibility she was with him there.

Or perhaps used cadaver dogs? Hate typing that!

I worked in food service at Safeway and Fred Meyer (both major chains) and, while there was an initial drug test, the suggested "random tests" actually never occurred. Also, we only presumed that there was a background check. We were never shown the process. And some people were supposedly hired even with criminal histories. They were pretty greedy companies and would rather hire someone who had assaulted a person than someone who had stolen something.

In these conditions, a person could easily detox before an interview and then get right back off the wagon once they get the job.

Jace Larson KPRC ‏@jacelarson 4m
Mathew just affirmed to a judge that he is willing to return to VA to face charges. Hearing lasted only moments. #HannahGraham
Galveston, TX https://twitter.com/jacelarson

Was the Commonwealth Attorney then the lawyer he just retained now?

Right now we have no indication that JM was ever charged in the 2002 incident (no record on the VA court site and the news reports quote teammates claiming the same). All we have is that the school gave the date (10/17/2002) that a reported rape occurred and it was investigated by the police and turned over to the Commonwealth attorney. Liberty provided the Lynchburg police incident report as # 2002071459.

I seem to recall reading that JM's attorney Jim Camblos III was a prosecutor in Albemarle Co and Waynesboro.

What happened to the 1 pm presser in Texas??? Maybe I missed it :( What's crazy to me is I'm a true Texan and I don't know why any criminal would run here. We have the scariest laws with VERY stiff punishments.

Scary laws?? We do?? LOL

"The person was hesitant, said he had no identification," Perez wrote in his report. "Eventually he stated (his name is) George Carr (date of birth) 12/14/1984." http://www.galvestondailynews.com/free/article_2c93728c-44ad-11e4-aca6-0017a43b2370.html
You know, this gives me some glimmer of hope that Hannah may be found, after all. Why? Because when police asked him for identification, he hadn't thought up anything better to say during his time on the beach. He gives the officer the last name of his grandma, then gives his date of birth as nearly the same as his own -- just making himself younger by three years. If he hadn't thought of anything better during his time on the run, what's the likelihood that he clearly thought things through when it came to hiding Hannah's body (assuming she did die by his hands :( ).

Possibly not the sharpest tool in the shed, so let's hope he hasn't ever thought things out meticulously and so far in his life, has just been damn lucky if he is responsible for anything other than Hannah's disappearance.

Are you saying you've read Liberty's handbook? Just curious. Out of evangelical Christian colleges, Liberty is considered liberal. What you described would be more apparent in the handbook of, say, Bob Jones University, Pensacola Christian College, Clearwater Christian College. I'd be very surprised if Liberty has anything in their handbook about R rated movies or men with ponytails.....

JMO. Not a graduate of Liberty, but I am a graduate of a liberal Christian college and I'm well aware about the "continuum" of codes of ethics/moral expectations at various Christian colleges....they are NOT all like Bob Jones University. I know it is all relative, but I would not consider Liberty to be very conservative or their student body to be "prudish" (a term a previous poster used), no matter what your impression of Jerry Falwell is.

All my opinion!!

I went to Liberty University for 3 semesters (2012-2013) before transferring. The R rated movie, ponytail for men, etc rules are very true. There are many shocking rules.

At Liberty, my best friend/roommate was sexually assaulted by an athlete as well. 2 of my other close friends had been sexually assaulted within our freshman year also. In October, my roommate had been at a party past curfew (against the rules) and drinking (against the rules) so she did not report her rape to the school at first because she was scared she would get in trouble for drinking and being out past curfew. She finally broke down and reported it in February 4 months later. Lynchburg PD and LUPD were involved. I even had to give a statement. Since so much time had passed, Lynchburg PD could do nothing since there was lack of evidence. However, LU did expel the guy. My other 2 friends never reported their assaults in fear of getting in trouble with student conduct for breaking rules (curfew, etc)

Makes me wonder if LJ's victim was in a similar situation.

Or perhaps used cadaver dogs? Hate typing that!

Maybe he originally hid the body in VA, but when it blew up into a national news story, and LE was on his back, he moved the body to Texas? That might help explain his unconventional clothing choices. He could have thought he was good to go with one outfit, and then realized that he got dirt/blood/DNA all over him and needed to redress quickly.

On Wednesday, a Galveston County sheriff’s deputy responded to a suspicious person call and found a man who had pitched a tent on the beach with a car nearby. The man was later identified as Matthew.

Judge Mark Henry handled Matthew's hearing early Thursday morning.

The probable cause affidavit revealed that Galveston County deputy D.W. Perez responded to a suspicious person call on the beachside of Gilchrist at about 3:30 p.m. on Wednesday.

The tip was called in by a woman who claimed she was driving when she passed a blue Nissan and saw Matthew. She told the deputy she recognized him from television coverage of the case.

In his report, Perez said that Matthew initially claimed he didn't have identification and gave another name.

http://www.galvestondailynews.com/free/article_2c93728c-44ad-11e4-aca6-0017a43b2370.html

Good for her! He would definitely stand out as suspicious in Crystal Beach this time of year. I have a house there and us locals have the beach mostly to ourselves now especially during the week. It's very busy during the summer and heavily patrolled by Galveston County Sheriffs but not now during the school year. The only men camping alone would have lots of fishing poles in the water. We like call it a quaint little drinking village with a fishing problem. :)

Wish more was known about why and where they're searching here. If I missed it, please update me. Also, let me know if there's any questions about the Bolivar area.

Im just saying criminals can absolutely get a restaurant job.

And Im in Texas. Maybe its worse here who knows but I doubt it. :)

I'm in SC, and if you can't pass a drug test or background check, you get a job in a restaurant or in construction.

Just curious, what is the point of discontinuing the General Discussion threads? It's much more ideal for reading on my phone via the app if I don't have to keep changing threads.

I totally agree! I have noticed that when cases I'm involved in switch to multiple threads...I lose interest because it is not all in one place. I usually end up leaving the case....which is sad. Do we have to do multiple threads? If there is a vote, I'm a definite No to it. Thanks for listening!

Im just saying criminals can absolutely get a restaurant job.

And Im in Texas. Maybe its worse here who knows but I doubt it. :)

Where I live, the criminals with their electronic mo itors work at the car wash, but mostly at restaurants. We do not have people from warmer places coming to the frigid north, so our criminals are homegrown.

I went to Liberty University for 3 semesters (2012-2013) before transferring. The R rated movie, ponytail for men, etc rules are very true. There are many shocking rules.

At Liberty, my best friend/roommate was sexually assaulted by an athlete as well. 2 of my other close friends had been sexually assaulted within our freshman year also. In October, my roommate had been at a party past curfew (against the rules) and drinking (against the rules) so she did not report her rape to the school at first because she was scared she would get in trouble for drinking and being out past curfew. She finally broke down and reported it in February 4 months later. Lynchburg PD and LUPD were involved. I even had to give a statement. Since so much time had passed, Lynchburg PD could do nothing since there was lack of evidence. However, LU did expel the guy. My other 2 friends never reported their assaults in fear of getting in trouble with student conduct for breaking rules (curfew, etc)

Makes me wonder if LJ's victim was in a similar situation.

Wow, I had not even though about the lack of reporting because of it occurring under the conditions of rule-breaking. Very interesting! A sad, but excellent point.

And, I stand corrected about how conservative Liberty is with regard to movies, hair, etc. Wow! I really thought it wasn't that strict.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member