VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #15 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Hannah was in Tempo, it would have been very easy to sneak her a drink by the bathroom where she could chug it inside.

I'm pretty sure Longo said that himself, but I would have to go back and find that original presser when he was so adamant about people coming forward. I was under the total impression that Hannah and JM were seen sitting in Tempo together. Why the discrepancy in the two versions is beyond me.

Maybe the elusive Coy Barefoot "article" will answer that.

I believe that he said, sure I can give you a ride...want a drink? Yes, but I am underage. Well, wait right here and I will go in and get you something. In he goes, buys whatever, brings it out to her. Then....

Good day all. Wow u have been busy. Skimming to get caught up. So if I understand correctly he was expelled from school for a sexual assault???? Why no charges???? Any links to the presser? I missed it. TIA

Liberty doesnt need charges. Students there have to sign a strict "morality contract" and anything that violates that in the eyes of the university is reason for expulsion. It also actively encourages students to come forward when they witness other students engaging in behavior that the school finds unacceptable.

I have a cousin who works in Lynchburg at the local BW3's and they actually had to tint the windows in their private banquet room because of student fears of other ratting them out for seeing them drinking even one alcoholic beverage after exams.

If Hannah was in Tempo, it would have been very easy to sneak her a drink by the bathroom where she could chug it inside.

Yes... but if you believe the Tempo letter, they say a doorman saw her outside

You would think people would proofread a press release.

I know, right?!!

However, NOT defending Tempo, sometimes when under pressure, one concentrates *so* hard on getting the *content* right, really obvious & egregious errors slip through the net :(

What are you talking about.I never said she made up the story.
I wonder why someone would think that a girl who attends a Christian university would make up such a serious charge against someone...knowing that it could mean the loss of their football scholarship and expulsion from school?

People typically dont level charges like this without good reason.

Police do not always find evidence of rape even in legitimate rape cases either.

Once the kitchens close in restaurants and only the bar remains open, often only those of legal drinking age are permitted to enter. Perhaps this is why Hannah remained outside. Regarding JM's purchase of alcohol at 1:10 am, I'm wondering if he picked up something "to go". In NJ, this is referred to as "packaged goods". Once 10:00pm hits, liquor stores close and people will go to a place that sells packaged goods and pick up a 6 pack or 2.

They dont take DNA until after the case is over to be stored.. so once hes tried and sentenced it becomes mandatory, however IN THIS CASE and similar cases im sure they will warrant his DNA at some point soon cause they need it for evidence, sry i was just stating the mandatory DNA laws as i know them in NY but obviously they will get his DNA for evidence which is different then storing it in the national database... sry for the confusion

Respectfully....this is not accurate. They can and probably WILL run the DNA through CODIS as soon as it is processed by whatever LEA takes that responsibility (VA Commonwealth, FBI, CPD etc.).

Tr
I wonder why someone would think that a girl who attends a Christian university would make up such a serious charge against someone...knowing that it could mean the loss of their football scholarship and expulsion from school? "

People typically dont level charges like this without good reason.

Follow the NFL stories and then ask why rape would be covered up for football players.

He was Cville athlete of the year in 99. Wow.

He had big hopes and dreams, but apparently the attitude of some NFL players.

And that this happens at a Christian university and is covered up is no surprise either.

One of the big pushes is to have universities and colleges start publishing their actual crime statistics which have been hidden!

Jameis Winston comes to mind....

I know, right?!!

However, NOT defending Tempo, sometimes when under pressure, one concentrates *so* hard on getting the *content* right, really obvious & egregious errors slip through the net :(

I think it was written by a lawyer and the name was wrong on purpose. There is no excuse to have the name wrong . I think they are saying they did not serve Heather Graham. Like I said earlier, I would boycott the place.

Totally disgusting that Tempo got her name wrong. I would boycott the place. On another thought, maybe it was on purpose because they are saying that they did not serve Heather Graham a drink but did they serve underage Hannah Graham alcohol?

That letter infuriates me to no end.

I understand your frustration. Proof reading would have gone a long way.
However, mistakes happen all the time. Just a few weeks ago the Roanoke Times printed the score wrong with the Ohio State/VT game. ANYONE working on that story knew it was a huge deal that VT beat Ohio St but they got it wrong in the end. A sports gaff in no way relates to the personal attention needed when dealing with a missing person's last known whereabouts, but many people have been mis-stating Hannah's name for Heather. Tempos will hear about this mistake and feel horrible, IMO.

I believe that he said, sure I can give you a ride...want a drink? Yes, but I am underage. Well, wait right here and I will go in and get you something. In he goes, buys whatever, brings it out to her. Then....

What if she was meeting someone at Tempo and she asked JM if he was going there and if he could go inside to see if so and so was inside. That would explain why she waited outside for 15 minutes. Tempos is at the end of the Mall, there isnt much else after it so it seems a likely scenario that she was going there to begin with. (if she wasnt lost) Remember his car was nearby so maybe he wasn't following her but rather going back to his car and was going to stop back into Tempos since he was there earlier.

Once the kitchens close in restaurants and only the bar remains open, often only those of legal drinking age are permitted to enter. Perhaps this is why Hannah remained outside. Regarding JM's purchase of alcohol at 1:10 am, I'm wondering if he picked up something "to go". In NJ, this is referred to as "packaged goods". Once 10:00pm hits, liquor stores close and people will go to a place that sells packaged goods and pick up a 6 pack or 2.

I know in Virginia you can take an unfinished bottle of wine with you if it's recorked. On her twitter Hannah mentions her enjoyment of wine a few times (I remember one reference to a perfect Saturday night with a glass of wine and Netflix). Maybe JM offered her to buy her wine and give her a ride....oh, Hannah, poor dear Hannah.

Even if getting something to go wasn't legal, he could have had a friend that hooked him up.

I don't think I ever bartended or waited tables anywhere where illegal stuff didn't go on.

Agree with this and maybe she texted to her friend "lost, then followed the address with a ?" meaning, is this the address of the party?

I think he saw her in distress, asked if she needed help, told her to wait a minute (while he was in Tempo) and he would give her a ride home.

Just speculation, but Tempo could also be trying to salvage its own liquor license and/or any fines for having served a minor. I would imagine the owners just want the spotlight off them and their staff, especially when Longo suggested they'd served someone underage. Perhaps they don't have adequate liability insurance in place to handle a potential lawsuit? Again, just speculating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lizakind