VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a little bit suspicious of the story 'white shirt man ' tells--of random black man walking off with her. Why don't we see random dreadlocks guy on any video? :waitasec:

We see him on the pizza shop video.

He wasn't just standing there. He was walking like everyone else and stopped for 3 seconds to look at his phone. We should be happy he came forward and not result to childish name calling especially since he is not a suspect.

I agree we should be happy he came forward if he's innocent, but really nothings been ruled out yet. It's still creepy how he saw her and began to follow her. I mean if that were footage of my missing daughter I wouldn't interpret him following her in stealth mode as a good thing. People can say anything to get people to look elsewhere. Look at RAT twice he blamed other people for his crimes only to be arrested for AM. If he is indeed innocent then yes I agree I am thankful he came forward.

I am a little bit suspicious of the story 'white shirt man ' tells--of random black man walking off with her. Why don't we see random dreadlocks guy on any video? :waitasec:

a black dude is the person of interest. not sure if it's the guy with dreads or not. but they're releasing a photo shortly. white dude is not a suspect; they're calling him 'a cooperative witness'. if they trly suspected him, i think they would have used more vague language.

Check this tweet out
WCAV CBS19 ‏@CBS19 12h

MT .@RachelCBS19: CPD has a person of interest. Should get description shortly. Man seen by eyewitnesses talking to #HannahGraham on mall

Notice they say "eyewitnesses", if that's not a case of reporter error then multiple people saw this POI

Unless you saw them doing meth, I would not judge . . . . . . you may be surprised to find that many of them are UVA PhD students, local musicians and highly educated folk-hippies that frequent there. In Charlottesville, the cashier at the local CVS, may also be a pioneering research assistant with multi-million dollar grants from NIH. Unless you "get" Cville, I would not be so judgemental!

. . . . sorry to SNAP, but this case has me on edge and I think Cville is getting a bad wrap from the perception of people that are not familiar with the locale.

take no offense to my ranting!

Long time lurker, first time poster here. I have spent a fair amount of time at the downtown mall on my work trips to UVA. I always stayed at the Omni and went out to the bars and restaurants on the mall. The last time that I was there (about a year ago or so) I went into Miller's bar. I heard they had pool tables upstairs, so my colleagues and I went up to check it out. We were completely and utterly shocked by what we saw. Most of the people in there were meth addicts. Many had sunken faces, missing or grey teeth, sickly skinny, scratched up faces. We looked at each other in shock because it was nothing you would expect in the downtown mall in Charlottesville. We attempted to play a game a pool, but one man accused me of being an IRA spy and it became quite scary, so we left. My point is that this even though their are many upscale restaurants and shops in this area, there are also many seedy characters.

Yes it is.

Thanks for that info! Interesting that open carry is allowed. I agree w/ Carbuff that a right handed person would most likely carry on the left. It would give the fastest draw, and most likely the person handling the gun would draw with their fingers positioned in the right places in case they need to take off the safety and chamber a round quickly. (At least that is how it is for the guns I've shot). Edit: I hope the guy in the doorway didn't have a gun. That would make him even sketchier IMO.

Le said they would release a DESCRIPTION, not a photo, of the man they are seeking...jmo

I looked it up it is actually Louisa and Fluvanna counties but it closely borders Orange County and Albemarle County. I pass through there all the time on the way to the beach etc

Would LE call someone a POI, if they did not have a very strong suspicion that he was involved? I feel like specifically saying that so and so is a POI is becoming pretty uncommon.

Who feels up to posting a listing of known facts? Perhaps clearing up the confusion for some around the dreadlocked BG, vs the BG seen by the WG, etc. I'm supposed to be working and have barely done a darn thing. HA!

They were drinking and it was a contributing factor to their demise regardless of what their rights should be.

It's "misogyny" to say dressing risqué and while walking around alone drunk after midnight is dangerous. Yet, somehow it's perfectly acceptable to call the dude "creepy" when he's perhaps the only person who even gave a crap about her all night. Ok...

"creepy" doesn't result in possible demise. misogyny often does. and I don't think I called him creepy - just cell phone guy.

Perhaps; this could be debated.
But most importantly, Hannah IS a victim. So...stop.

Even if you do find him to be a victim, that does NOT excuse you from casting judgements on her.

The "creepy white guy" is a victim of the forum until he is proven guilty.

New poster but long term lurker here.

Just my two cents, but watching these videos my thoughts immediately turn to drugs. The quick pace, the disorientation, the running, the paranoia. I don't think this was just a case of her being lost/scared because she was being followed. She had ample opportunity to ask for help (she could have got directions at the gas station for example or stopped any of those people in the mall). She seemed out of it. Not roofies, I don't think, and it was definitely something more than alcohol. Ecstasy, cocaine, LCD, amphetamines and cannabis are pretty popular party drugs these days. She could have taken something willingly at the party or had something slipped to her unknowingly. I wouldn't be surprised if she turned up somewhere having inadvertently hurt/killed herself while high.

That said, I also think WG's behavior sends up huge red flags. It wouldn't surprise me if the police were calling him a cooperative witness and then tailing him/investigating him behind the scenes. They've done it before.

Thanks for that info! Interesting that open carry is allowed. I agree w/ Carbuff that a right handed person would most likely carry on the left. It would give the fastest draw, and most likely the person handling the gun would draw with their fingers positioned in the right places in case they need to take off the safety and chamber a round quickly. (At least that is how it is for the guns I've shot). Edit: I hope the guy in the doorway didn't have a gun. That would make him even sketchier IMO.

that is scary.

I'm waiting for verification on this, too.

And to the poster above, perhaps "creepy white guy" is considered labeling.
Creepering white guy. Better? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member