VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A thought just crossed my mind. Could she have approached this unknown male to buy her more beer. She was only 18 she couldn't get anymore.
All stores in Va stop selling alcohol at midnight. Good thought, though.

I'm going to work on the assumption that none of the people in these videos had anything to do with her disappearance.

The only person that looks suspicious to me is the white dude that hides in the shadows and then falls in behind her after she passes him. He is the one that came forward and identified himself to the cops. I seriously doubt he would have done that were he to blame for her disappearance. I think maybe he was going to try to strike up a conversation with her and try to get his groove on.

These videos are so grainy and poor quality, I don't know how anybody can make sense out of them one way or another.

Everything else I see in that video is just people milling around, strolling along and partying. Certainly nothing obvious or ominous.

I thought sales ended at midnight for stores. Bars go later - 2:00am? But I haven't been to VA in a few years so perhaps a local can confirm.
They may but she was only 18 so she couldn't buy alcohol.

I thought sales ended at midnight for stores. Bars go later - 2:00am? But I haven't been to VA in a few years so perhaps a local can confirm.
Stores midnight, bars have last call at 1:30 to 1:45.

She could have also approached the unknown male for a ride or directions too.

I also wonder if she approached the unknown male or vice versa.

I can say I did some incredibly stupid things while drinking in my somewhat small, college town which felt so safe at the time. Once, after getting angry with friends, I left a party by myself, heavily under the influence. Two guys in a truck pulled up and asked where the party was at, explaining they were from out of town. They were my age, looked just like my friends from school, and it's embarrassing to admit this, but my response was, "I'll tell you if you give me a ride back to my dorm." And I hopped right into that truck, in the very back seat right behind the passenger in a two door truck, and to this day I have no idea how I got so lucky, but they took me straight to my dorm and dropped me off. And I told them where the party was. I have thought about that night a thousand times since then and I can't believe I did it. I really can't. I have NO idea where my head was at, but in my own drunken way, I think I was trying to spite my friends, but if I truly had thought I would encounter anything sinister, I wouldn't have gotten in. But I can tell you that I felt so safe where I was, surrounded by peers. None of them seemed capable of being bad to me or doing me harm. And alcohol only adds to that feeling of released inhibitions. I know my friends and I felt that we did a good job of looking out for one another, but only now can I see that we were all far too comfortable in our surroundings. I tell you this not to horrify you and and mortify myself, but to perhaps shed some light on her and her friends mindsets. I have younger siblings and I would be absolutely be mortified knowing they behaved the way I did when I was on college. So I talked to them a LOT about being safe. I have a feeling her friends are beating themselves up right now, but this situation is not uncommon. If anything comes out of cases like these, I hope that young women will start to engage in some discourse on our responsibility to ourselves and one another in these types of situations.

My friend went to a downtown dance club and got completely wasted to the point where a guy at the club said he needed to bring her to her house because she was too drunk and she went with him: left the club, got in the car and he actually drove her home and made sure she got inside. The next morning she freaked out because she remembered it all but was drunk out of her mind. She was very grateful he did indeed get her home and was nothing but a gentleman. She was also horrified that she let a strange man in a dance club take her home.

(ETA: she graduated #1 in her class from a prestigious university in engineering, so not a dumb person)

People do mindless things when they are intoxicated. I pray for Hannah's family. This is obviously a terrible terrible event in their lives. I can't imagine the pain they are feeling.

There is no ABC on & off at bars in VA...last I checked.

I am not really feeling the witness guy is involved however if he was walking in front of her how did he know she was in distress and stopped so she would pass by? I guess she could have been mumbling or he heard her stumbling?

On JVM her panel thinks the WM who was following her is suspicious. Saying why didnt he stop and help her. Some are saying they do not believe his story about the mb with a goatee saying LE should have seen him on video. Also LE is waiting for Bank of America surveillance video.

Jane said theres- text information- the authories now believe there was a problem with the text she sent -spell check, spell correct, change the text.

They may but she was only 18 so she couldn't buy alcohol.
The poster that I was responding to asked if she might have been approaching someone to buy her more alcohol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bridgetraiann