VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From the Boston bombings to Hannah Graham: How Internet sleuths help (and hurt) police investigations

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-sleuths-help-and-hurt-police-investigations/

Heh. The author is so critical of internet sleuths' hubris...but then confidently goes on to say it isn't Dreads. It's so funny since I often feel that way about journalists (about the hubris and the poor quality of the information and the eagerness to cash in on the latest tragedy).

I don't think she knew the guy at all. She needed a ride and she trusted that guy.

Yeah, he very clearly followed/stalked her fer chrissakes. How many friends/acquaintances do you know who would do that?

Questions – can’t hear them! So just answers given :(

A: 2:00 is generally when restaurants close – some earlier some later

A: We know who he is and where he is

A: If anyone has seen him would be interested in that info – call tip line

A: Every morning around 6am – get copy of report
This conversation is about Hannah graham – no reason to believe that. Issue – university and I have to work towards communication so fulfill obligation to community to make sure properly disseminated and also to make sure university fulfills obligation under cleary act

A: Recovered additional video still being analyzed – not sure if HG on it. No other video after leaves that night from store. Collected a number and will certainly release if there is anything.

A: Not aware of any relationship – no reason to believe

A: Briefed every couple of hours – things may happen every so often – nothing has come to his attention that would help him answer that

A: Every human interaction with parents – they are concerned, frustrated, but have never discerned that they have lost hope

A: not sure of number, been saying for a number of years – need to deploy more on mall

A: Search patterns – locations on logical path that investigation has taken

A: Reanalysis of video – black male with dreads – plus eyewitness

A: He has had police contact – won’t discuss history

A: That person was at apartment that was in car and at restaurant

A: Ensure volunteers understand importance of the mission and the practicalities of fulfilling that mission – most will be VDEM

A: Recanvass areas mentioned – corridor down market, corridor to barracks

A: Not calling a suspect – been using POI, not fond of term – we are interested in him and talking to him

A: Won’t comment on appearance, but interested in people who have seen her. She seems to be walking with a purpose.

A: I spoke to him, want to speak with him again

A: Want to speak with to anyone who has seen him since Hannah disappeared. Won’t go into what he said or his demeanor

A: No reason to believe that.

:seeya: Thank you so much Hoosgirl! Your transcriptions were great !

I was discussing this with my husband this morning. I said to him "You'd think more people would remember her in the restaurant, especially women, because she was wearing white tennis shoes which is unusual for going out in a college town". And then I thought... wait. Why was she wearing white tennis shoes? Was she expecting a long walk that night? White tennis shoes isn't usually "going out" attire for women.

I thought the same thing. It did not match well with her outfit. And her outfit is SO distinct and a bit unusual IMO. If I were on the mall that night I certainly would have noticed her, just because of her clothes. And if she looked distraught even more so. Someone saw her. What about that group of 5-6 people in both of the videos? You can't tell me they didn't notice her.

Tomorrow's search effort for Hannah is going to be huge! The Virginia Dept. of Emergency Management says they have stopped accepting online registrations for the search with 1,550 registrations, but that in-person registrations are still being accepted at the John Paul Jones Arena until 7:00pm EDT. More info can be found here for anyone local who is interested in joining the search.

she had on white tennis shoes??? that is not what any girl i went to college with would wear for a night out.. .not to a party, bar, anything but class .
this is very strange to me

I don't think it's that strange. She's rather tall so perhaps doesn't like wearing heels that make her even taller. She's athletic, so sneakers are comfortable for her, and she's also sort of clumsy so that's another reason to wear them. In most of photos she's dressed rather conservatively or like a jock, so perhaps she felt like the white sneakers toned down the flashy top.

I just wish she would've RUN in those shoes about about 1:05am.

They know who this guy is why not release his name and picture??

Because he is not a suspect. Suspects have certain constitutional rights. Think Miranda, etc. They hope he will return to the crime scene and lead them to her.

Prayers for her parents, family, and friends.

I always believed she was walking with a destination in mind, either meeting a person or going to a specific place. In my experience when a young person leaves their friends during the night and are being vague about details or lie about, it's usually a love interest. Not saying this was the case with Hannah meeting dreadlocks, but I do believe she was going somewhere to meet someone. The way she was walking, her leaving her friends just says to me she was going to meet someone she didn't want her friends to know about it.

I'm also concerned that they searched his car and house and left with bags of evidence but nothing concrete enough to make an arrest on the spot. They need the public's help

To that end...PURELY speculation on my part...could this be a situation where they had connected online for one reason or another? I know the drug thing has been mentioned, but it could've been online dating, or just a situation where he added her on Facebook and kind of pursued her that way...and maybe he misrepresented himself? In his appearance, age, etc. Then they agreed to meet up, which is why she was being vague with her friends. And then when she rolled up, he knew what she looked like and was looking for her, but she didn't really realize that he was who she had been talking to? Maybe a long shot, but it's a thought. Lord knows the "catfish" thing happens all the time.

Heh. The author is so critical of internet sleuths' hubris...but then confidently goes on to say it isn't Dreads. It's so funny since I often feel that way about journalists (about the hubris and the poor quality of the information and the eagerness to cash in on the latest tragedy).

My first thought was he hasn't done his homework because he never mentioned websleuths...lol....shoot I was waiting to see something I said quoted....lmao

IMO - HG had zero idea WG was watching out for her. BG was probably familiar...a local on scene in Cville, she a student going on second year. She has seen him before, the other two ladies had seen him before (high 5). He looks over, sees her and decides then and there that he wants to go speak/be with her. Either purposefully or by accident she is killed, or also scary, he drops her into trafficking ring.
Quoting myself as I just realized that dropping women into trafficking rings could be income for him. This time he may have been too desperate and acted too close to home

Okay - what about this... Dreads drugged her drink in tempo. Dreads takes her back to his place. Dreads rapes her. Dreads is a pimp. Dreads sells her when he sees there is a search. Police find hair, blood whatever in dreads car. Dreads tells police "yea, we had sex, it got rough, she walked home" or whatever his story is. He's a pimp so there is no paraphernalia to arrest him for. It's possible she's alive but trafficked. Maybe the non-arrest is more strategy? Hoping that whoever has her now comes forward?

Just grasping at "she can still be okay" straws.

Yeah, he very clearly followed/stalked her fer chrissakes. How many friends/acquaintances do you know who would do that?
He could of been a friend of a friend. I am pretty sure Bg did something to her. However I don't think they new each other.

LOL. Any person who does even 5 minutes of investigating is about million times better than the goofs who call themselves journalists these days.

AFAIK the chief said they did not have prior relationship. I understood that as boyfriend/girlfriend. I'm not sure if that means he didn't think she knew him.

IMO - HG had zero idea WG was watching out for her. BG was probably familiar...a local on scene in Cville, she a student going on second year. She has seen him before, the other two ladies had seen him before (high 5). He looks over, sees her and decides then and there that he wants to go speak/be with her. Either purposefully or by accident she is killed, or also scary, he drops her into trafficking ring.

Yep. I think he was one of those local characters that everyone in town recognizes. I think she had seen him around, and she's striking because of her height and build, so he'd probably seen her before. I doubt they dated or had a planned meet-up. I think his familiarity probably lead to her level of comfort.

I agree with everything you said (except trafficking ring) . . . . I think something happened either in the car or at his place and she was killed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustMe196503