VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are currently 643 users browsing this thread. (240 members and 403 guests)

:eek:hwow: Come join us guests!
I got a lot of catching up to do

Speaking as a local & recent UVA grad -- yeah, he does strike me as either a) a specific individual known to be seen around Cville (personally from descriptions he reminds me of a guy I see on the free trolley sometimes later at night) or b) several people around town. Honestly, the dreadlocks look is pretty common among African American Cville residents.

Yeah was he the guy the daily mail said locals knew as a "regular" at that outdoor mall?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paraphrase of presser:

Chief – will be Informal in how present facts

Let you know how we developed information in past 24 hours

May not be able to answer all questions

Make absolutely clear – about one thing, finding Hannah

Everyone within sound of his voice has that responsibility to find this girl

She walked from one end of the mall to another, walked past people. Reason to believe she was within a bar with a person from Hessian Hills. People saw her with that individual in that restaurant. Videotape that you have seen will depict signs of that individual.

People saw Hannah and people saw him and people saw them together.

Entirely possible that Hannah may have gotten in his vehicle – the one that they seized. 98 Chrysler troupe (? Sorry, so bad with cars and couldn’t really hear) – burnt orange. Parked on 4th street area (correct by seargeant off mike) or somewhere in area – someone got in and out and drove away. If you remember seeing that vehicle and seeing someone get back in and drive away need to hear from you.

Over 400 tips – in large part from those that got us to where we are now. Put facts and circumstances together to get search warrant. While there to seize car, pursuant to that warrant, established probable cause to enter that house.

Was anyone at house? Yes, three people. Individual seen with Hannah there? Yes. Not in custody. Not probable cause to arrest him. Not sufficient legal cause to detain per the opinion of ranking supervisor and commonwealth attorney.

Not releasing name. Did release info on car and released address, will be able to put it together. Suspicion that others know his name and he will release it at some point. Not now

Today was productive from an investigative standpoint. Advanced the investigation. Great legal minds can debate. When arrest person responsible for deconstructing lives of H’s parents and communit, need to have prosecution leading to conviction. Have a legal and moral obligation.

Det Sgt Mooney – lots of things left out, won’t be able to tell you. How got from yesterday to today.

Let me preempt a question – not at liberty to disclose any items we may have taken from car or residence for a lot of reasons/still be evaluated for their evidentiary value. You can think of things would be looking for and you would be right. Premature to say what we got and what it means.

Numerous sightings of HG on downtown mall – intersection of Market and 4th, traveled east, 2-300 blocks. One of the videos – came from tips and eyewitnesses as well as observations. In front of restaurant – black male wearing all white, dreadlocks, Hannah walking westbound, he is walking eastbound, he crosses than travels behind her. Additional video captured at store – captured same man with arms around her waist. Entered the Tempo restaurant – on 5th just off of main part of mall. He purchased alcohol and Hannah was with him. Left in 15 minutes and his car seen leaving on video. Every reason to believe Hannah was with him.

Between 1 and 2, think about Tempo restaurant, think about garage, think about 4th street, he is 32, 6’2, 272 pounds with dreadlocks with HG. Did you see that? What did you see? We need your help.

Sat with parents about an hour and a half ago. They want their daughter back. They want to know what happened for their little girl. That’s all. Got to do together.

When leave tonight, going to go meet with a large number of people who want to help (search orientation).

If you live east of here to county line, be looking. If you live west of here to hessian hills. Business or residence, straight out market street east of here, you need to talk to him if have a camera. West of here- up main, preston, barracks – call him.

Ten people can look at video and have several reactions – thought it was a reflection – a lot people look at. Can’t account for a gap in time – was there more than one contact? She was in that business with that person – walked in and out with him.

If they got the search warrant relating to the HG case, I don't think they can arrest him if they see drug evidence. Am I right?

In the Erin Corwin case, they arrested him for a potato gun! So, yes, I think they would/could arrest him on unrelated charges.

I do not believe that is correct. If they come upon evidence of an additional or different crime during the course of executing the warrant, as long as the warrant was lawfully issued, the individual can be arrested based on that evidence (assuming the evidence is sufficient to constitute probable cause). For example, if they found child *advertiser censored* while searching his computer for info about Hannah, he would be charged with possession of that contraband. IMO

See I was studying recently in criminal procedure and if I remember correctly, a person cannot be arrested for something found outside of what is detailed on the warrant. Or if they are, that evidence could be thrown out in court. Example: the detail on the warrant "we want to search all countertops" and some cop opens a drawer and finds an illegal sub machine gun or something, they can't take it and charge him with that because the search area wasn't on the warrant. Idk. I'm probably wrong.

So did she willingly go into that bar with him? :confused:

Also - I never believed Hannah sent that last "I'm lost" text...the press conference convinced me of that even more

My suspicion is that she was "roofied" (sp?) and or drugged. She had a sense of what was happening and tried to seek help. She ran, she was disoriented, she reached out to friends to try and find her way. Time was not her side before she was ultimately helpless, enter alleged "dread lock" guy. This was planned by more than one person and cops need all the evidence possible, because this was not the first time this scenario was played out. Sorry if someone already voiced this theory. I have the utmost respect for the officer leading the press conference. What was his name?

Questions – can’t hear them! So just answers given :(

A: 2:00 is generally when restaurants close – some earlier some later

A: We know who he is and where he is

A: If anyone has seen him would be interested in that info – call tip line

A: Every morning around 6am – get copy of report
This conversation is about Hannah graham – no reason to believe that. Issue – university and I have to work towards communication so fulfill obligation to community to make sure properly disseminated and also to make sure university fulfills obligation under cleary act

A: Recovered additional video still being analyzed – not sure if HG on it. No other video after leaves that night from store. Collected a number and will certainly release if there is anything.

A: Not aware of any relationship – no reason to believe

A: Briefed every couple of hours – things may happen every so often – nothing has come to his attention that would help him answer that

A: Every human interaction with parents – they are concerned, frustrated, but have never discerned that they have lost hope

A: not sure of number, been saying for a number of years – need to deploy more on mall

A: Search patterns – locations on logical path that investigation has taken

A: Reanalysis of video – black male with dreads – plus eyewitness

A: He has had police contact – won’t discuss history

A: That person was at apartment that was in car and at restaurant

A: Ensure volunteers understand importance of the mission and the practicalities of fulfilling that mission – most will be VDEM

A: Recanvass areas mentioned – corridor down market, corridor to barracks

A: Not calling a suspect – been using POI, not fond of term – we are interested in him and talking to him

A: Won’t comment on appearance, but interested in people who have seen her. She seems to be walking with a purpose.

A: I spoke to him, want to speak with him again

A: Want to speak with to anyone who has seen him since Hannah disappeared. Won’t go into what he said or his demeanor

A: No reason to believe that.

Yeah was he the guy the daily mail said locals knew as a "regular" at that outdoor mall?

If he's well known then maybe she did know him?

Possibly as I suggested, yesterday: This is a guy who either recently befriended her or even just "acted" kindly like he would get her away from that CWG and into the place she was in such a hurry to get too. Time will tell if she was there to meet him or someone else.
This is so true...maybe she knew the wg was following her and befriended the dredBG thinking he would make her safe. Even though the WG thought he was helping...he should have said something to her...not follow her....he was wrong ...very wrong to do that. He should have asked if she was alright..not follow her like a stalker.

I think Longo and Mooney are hoping that leaving Dreads free might lead them to others involved and possibly even to Hannah.

Probably a bunch of other students have had some contact with him..........maybe some girls will start talking. JMO

He would be in jail if he were a dealer. He would have a scale or something.

It could be something like blunt tobacco on the floor. They can use that to arrest someone under suspicion of smoking weed even tho it is perfectly legal to have cigars. Once they are emptied it becomes paraphernalia

FYI about the other missing girl
Help Find Hannah Graham Just spoke to Charlottesville Police department and Jasmine Butler has been FOUND today. They said she ran away.

That guy had CORNROWs...very different from dreadlocks. But I guess it is still possible.

@ just K yea that kid was what 19-25yrs old. I think hard to get to 32yrs old in a few months time also gain 165lbs. Its is a whole new person here. I think some people need to stop with the story they bring. The other kid Dna checked out In the AM case. Not the same guy

I was discussing this with my husband this morning. I said to him "You'd think more people would remember her in the restaurant, especially women, because she was wearing white tennis shoes which is unusual for going out in a college town". And then I thought... wait. Why was she wearing white tennis shoes? Was she expecting a long walk that night? White tennis shoes isn't usually "going out" attire for women.

Tennis shoes are a fashion trend right now. I looked at a fashion magazine yesterday that had a photo layout of models wearing gowns , etc with tennis shoes

The thing is, I was raped while a student there. I was in casual, non- revealing clothing and completely sober with a platonic "friend", in a dorm when it happened. It made me realize that anything is possible. It also made me realize how, when your "guard" is down, things can happen that you would NEVER expect.

I'm so sorry, Wendle. {{{Hugs}}}

Tennis shoes are a fashion trend right now. I looked at a fashion magazine yesterday that had a photo layout of models wearing gowns , etc with tennis shoes

Plus she is quite tall, maybe does not wear heels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fitzybjj