VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am kind of stuck,how they can take a person's car, and search home,, based on evidence, but not take the person in...

A guess, but, perhaps so they can track his movements and see if he might lead them to her? I feel like we have seen that with LE before...IMO

I have a WebSleuth crush on the police chief. Swoon.

Okay, back to the facts of the case....

I have a feeling they were dating. He had his arm around her. Did anyone at the press conference ask this?

This is only my opinion, but I think it's VERY unlikely she knew him before that night and especially that she was dating him. Girls at 19 think of 32 year old men as ancient and people in their first couple years of college have very few opportunities (or interest in) socializing with local people who are "real adults". At that age, I didn't even really realize it when guys who were outside of my age range had taken a non-platonic interest in me and got in at least two situations that were totally awkward because I thought older guys wanted to be "friends".

I think she was vulnerable and scared because she was lost, and he was friendly when she needed a friend. He didn't look threatening, didn't act particularly threatening, and she was so tense that it was nice to relax and trust someone. He was outgoing and put her at ease and she was just tired enough of being lost, and lonely from her long wander around Charlottesville, and it was a relief to be talking to someone nice.

Putting myself in her shoes, at her age, that's how I would have felt. I would have felt he was a good alternative to someone "scary" looking.

ETA: One of the commenters on the Washington Post website said something along the lines of his being a local character who was out and about a lot and always checking up on people. We had many local characters in my college town. As students, we all knew who they were. One was an older guy who would stand on the corner in these crazy get-ups, wearing sparkly sunglasses, strum the guitar cordlessly and shout out blues lyrics at girls walking by. I was familiar with those local characters and would have felt comfortable one of them, even when I thought they were sort of crazy, they seemed harmless.

The cops want people to remember the car. They need to know where that car was that morning. It is a orange car, it sticks out. If this guy was disposing of a body the car would have stuck out like a sore thumb.

Only been there once, but as a general rule-- the bars downtown are not "student" bars. Some grad students, maybe, at best. Anyway, Tempo, like the rest, is a mix of young professionals and "townies" -- maybe slightly more townies than the others (e.g. Skybar, which is right next to it).

Are we to believe that Dreads is the GREATEST pickup artist to ever live? He spots a girl across a food court and goes all the way around to somehow put his arm around her, take her into a bar for a drink and then take her home?!? I am more & more believing that <modsnip>WG put the fear into her while Dreads moved in to be the hero. It really is the only thing that makes sense to me

I think they are very close to making an arrest. Right now they want the pressure on Dreads that they are onto him and that they are getting more and more witnesses. Dreads will confess very soon. It is just a matter of time before he cracks or says something stupid.

I am not seeing a confession, jmo. At least not unless LE finds her and it is to make a deal.

I was discussing this with my husband this morning. I said to him "You'd think more people would remember her in the restaurant, especially women, because she was wearing white tennis shoes which is unusual for going out in a college town". And then I thought... wait. Why was she wearing white tennis shoes? Was she expecting a long walk that night? White tennis shoes isn't usually "going out" attire for women.

Hannah had attended a party and tennis shoes are easier to dance in than heels.

jmo

Sometimes it makes more sense to hold off on an arrest and just trail the person for a while. For one thing, the person's actions may lead to a body or where the girl is being held. You arrest the person, and a whole new set of "rights" enters the picture.

This article hints that the dreadlocked POI is finding money to support himself outside of going to work. Dealer that Hannah was trying to connect with? Thoughts?

IMO, he's either a pimp, drug dealer, or both. He could just be a pimp (since he was not arrested after a search of his car/apt., therefore possibly no drug paraphernalia) and Hannah COULD have contacted him via social media/CL/got his name from someone for drugs, and his real intent was something other than that. I lean toward her not knowing him at all and he just being a very friendly face and made her feel safe with his psychotic ways :(. I think the woman he "high fived" was giving him money for a trick she just turned.

All my opinion.

Are we to believe that Dreads is the GREATEST pickup artist to ever live? He spots a girl across a food court and goes all the way around to somehow put his arm around her, take her into a bar for a drink and then take her home?!? I am more & more believing that CWG put the fear into her while Dreads moved in to be the hero. It really is the only thing that makes sense to me

It's possible they guy didn't look like a bad guy to her. People have different impressions of people. For example I think my neighbor is worthless and a piece of sh.... t. However my other neighbor thinks he is the best thing in the world. Impressions are everything.

Only been there once, but as a general rule-- the bars downtown are not "student" bars. Some grad students, maybe, at best. Anyway, Tempo, like the rest, is a mix of young professionals and "townies" -- maybe slightly more townies than the others (e.g. Skybar, which is right next to it).

Wonder if he was a regular? Otherwise, you would think they would stand out, the two of them.

That was my first reaction! Gotta be a way to sleuth this guy.

IMO his name will show up soon, I bet, on twitter or facebook or non MSM stuff. He seems to be local, so his name is known. JMO

He would be in jail if he were a dealer. He would have a scale or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well drug dealer today never do drug dealing in their home anymore, I know you see some guys doing it, not all are that dumb any more. I think that spot was a chill spot(relax hiding away), not really his main spot( were he sells dope and etc).. If he was killer/rapist of women and stuff like that. Then even more so, he would have a differ spots to do all that.

How far that would be is not far. There should a motel /hotel in that area. He would work in and out of one of those because it would bring local status to him as a dealer. I think she maybe at his other spot or was there anyway.

Are we to believe that Dreads is the GREATEST pickup artist to ever live? He spots a girl across a food court and goes all the way around to somehow put his arm around her, take her into a bar for a drink and then take her home?!? I am more & more believing that CWG put the fear into her while Dreads moved in to be the hero. It really is the only thing that makes sense to me

It makes the most sense that they knew each other or knew of each other.

I think Longo and Mooney are hoping that leaving Dreads free might lead them to others involved and possibly even to Hannah.

In the video I never saw DREDS cross the plaza and fall in behind Hannah. Someone posting here did see it, and then it was plain as day. Whoever that poster was.............GREAT JOB. :)

I was one, among many others I'm sure. It gave me the chills.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustMe196503