VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I get what you're saying, but as I stated this is coming from my point of view as a mother. I won't say him looking is that disturbing it's the following part that I find disturbing. I'm sorry, but that's how I feel. He could have put her in harms way even more so because now she's running from this guy into the arms of some other creepo. JMO Poor girl.

I am a mother of a little girl too. Would I want a grown man looking at her when she is 18 years old? Not particularly. But I'm also rational enough to realize that he did nothing wrong in looking at her. Looking is not a crime. You've never noticed a younger guy and taken a second peek?

We can't blame WG for sending Hannah "into the arms of some other creepo." We don't even know if Hannah knew WG was following her. BG could have just swooped in and stopped her for any old reason, like those pushy kiosk sales people at the mall. I highly doubt BG's motive was to save her from some older guy who reminds me of Milton from Office Space. We don't know what happened after that clip stopped.

note it states available on oct 4

Ya usually a rental with an available date means one of 2 things. Its empty, and they are cleaning/repairing and it will be ready for re-occupancy at that point. OR its currently occupied and the current tenants will be gone on or around that date. Probably the last day of Sept.

Because we don't know that he was a stranger to her do we? IMO she didn't seemed too distressed by the BG. It is weird if she didn't know him. But even so I don't know which I would run from first especially if I knew the other guy was already following me.

I think that LE has likely asked Hannah's family and friends if the guy on the video resembles anyone that she knows, as a means to identify him, and I think if they had said yes, we would have heard about it so that the public would be aware that BG needs to come forward and say what he saw.

It's a 2-bedroom apartment, so having 3 people in it does not seem too odd (I hope there is no link).

Am I the only one who finds it strange that 3 people were found in the apartment and we have 3 possible perps (CWG, Dreadhead, Bald Guy)? Is it possible they followed one guy back to this location where the three were meeting to get their alibi's together? Just a thought, I still think all 3 could be involved

Current thoughts: They are searching ALL 4 units in the building. They very well may have checked out and released residents of units in the building that were not their suspect, or specifically owners of the car. Now we see the CL ad that a unit is for rent there. It could be completely empty. This is frightening. Maybe the car belongs to the owner of one of the units, or a handyman working on the unit before it is rented.

When they sealed off the building for a warrant, they absolutely would have needed tenants in ALL 4 units to leave. They very likely are uninvolved, unrelated, innocent people.

Have the evidence bags all come from one unit?

BBM. Yep, I have done this very thing. Took a chance on a stranger to flee from another stranger. I also once knocked on a stranger's door to escape someone following me in a car. Both times I was young and panicked and anything seemed safer than allowing the person following me to gain control.

That is because, statistically speaking, it WAS safer. A man following a woman is so, so creepy to me. If I thought a man were following me, then damn straight I would run into the arms of another man. I would take that chance because, odds are, it would be safer than letting the guy following me get me alone somewhere.

Again, I have been followed before and I do not think that people who have never experienced this fully understand how incredibly terrifying it is. And, BTW, the guy who did it did not follow me for very long. It was just long enough for me to realize that me and him were not simply coincidentally going to the same place at the same time. It was not too long after I for sure knew that he was following me that I made it to my car, but it was the longest couple of minutes of my life.

One hour and then we will have hundreds of new questions!! jmo

Richmond just an hour away is at least 4x as big and has UR,VCU,VSU all close to the city. It doesnt seem like they have nearly the amount of missing women.

I can only speak for myself. When I was a student at UVA, I (looking back) did some pretty risky, stupid things. This would include drinking way too much. The only thing that saved me was that my best friend insisted on going everywhere with me and she didn't drink. The thing is, I was raped while a student there. I was in casual, non- revealing clothing and completely sober with a platonic "friend", in a dorm when it happened. It made me realize that anything is possible. It also made me realize how, when your "guard" is down, things can happen that you would NEVER expect to. I was in "safe" Cville, at one of the best universities in the country. I felt safe and cozy compared to some other places that I have visited in the state. I currently work at VCU and it seems to me that they come here with the expectation that they are in an urban area and to be more on guard. But, things still happen here too.

Don't believe we have info on that. They did say they would be searching the whole building, not specifically one unit.

Am I the only one who finds it strange that 3 people were found in the apartment and we have 3 possible perps (CWG, Dreadhead, Bald Guy)? Is it possible they followed one guy back to this location where the three were meeting to get their alibi's together? Just a thought, I still think all 3 could be involved

If you watch the security video from the cafe and from the jeweler, there is also an entire group of people behind her of approx. 5 people. It's hard to distinguish if that group of people are the same in both video.
But there were more people trailing behind her than the older man, and the man with the dreadlocks. It is possible that the group of people could have been calling out to her, and shouting rude things, making her nervous. or maybe not. Perhaps they are 2 separate groups of people, meaning there are 5-10 people who may possibly have witnessed her abduction or observed something important. It is also possible that they saw nothing and were engrossed in their own conversations.

I just can't help but wonder if this involved a group of people, and not anybody shown on the video.

But and its a big BUT, because it is speculation... if you were being verbally harassed by a group of young men.. do you think it may comfort you to know someone else was close by ?

Men of all ages look at women. Hannah isn't a little girl; she is an adult. When older women leer at younger men, is that disgusting too? Actually, I think society finds it socially acceptable for women to ogle younger men (ex: that tv show Tiger Town is all about older women dating / ogling younger guys), but its gross and disgusting for it for a man to look at a younger woman (who is an adult).

How do you know WG isn't telling the truth and that was his sole motive? You're essentially accusing him of being a pervert when we have no idea! Until he gives us a reason to disbelieve him, we should stop. He seems to be the one person who cared enough about Hannah to at least be concerned about her. Not even her own friends did that much. Just because he happened to be there doesn't make him a pervert or criminal. Just because he possibly wanted to see her backside doesn't make him bad. Had he been seen on the video and did absolutely NOTHING he would be questioned just like all the other passers by, "how could all those people see her stumbling around drunk and do nothing to help?"

Edit: the show was called Cougar Town. I knew it was a big cat name.

Thanks for your honest post. It appears there are folks in this world who want to believe the worst of everyone. If the person had approached that young lady, he may have scared her. I'm from a different era and we would have actively tried to help her but today that type of action can result in trouble. I don't know his intentions and until I am given solid reason otherwise, I won't act like an immature child and scream "wolf". I'm may get a time out for that last statement but I have been reading some of these comments and have had enough. If you are going to accuse a person, you had better have you facts straight beforehand. Peace

I could barely sleep last night for thinking of this case, and I realize it's because I know I, or one of my closest friends, could have easily been Hannah. We made decisions to leave parties or walk places alone at night when we first got to college that seem so dangerous in hindsight. I am just so sad for Hannah, for her family and for her friends. Women shouldn't run the risk of never being able to return home when they venture outside at night. It just shouldn't be that way.

Hopefully there are answers soon. It seems, thankfully, like the police are at least heading in that direction.

No, it shouldn't be that way, but it is. Men are physically stronger than women, as a rule, and some men seem never to have evolved much from the alleged caveman clubbing a woman on the head to take her to his cave, as his "chosen" wife. And lately, gangs of young women have even been attacking a woman or girl on her own.

It is dangerous for women to be alone late at night. It just is. And I KNOW Hannah's parents and those of her friends told all of their daughters to stay in groups or pairs, don't walk around alone after dark, etc. because that is what parents of daughters say. Many smug parents are probably sitting home now thinking how their daughter never would have done that, but of course she would have, or might have.

Cameras help catch criminals after the fact. Street lighting and other factors can discourage crime in certain spots. But as long as those cavemen and gangs of wandering people up to no good are out there, women will not be safe alone at night.

All Jmo, of course

Richmond just an hour away is at least 4x as big and has UR,VCU,VSU all close to the city. It doesnt seem like they have nearly the amount of missing women.
We have a LOT of women go missing in Richmond. They just don't make the news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lizakind