VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it's that strange. She's rather tall so perhaps doesn't like wearing heels that make her even taller. She's athletic, so sneakers are comfortable for her, and she's also sort of clumsy so that's another reason to wear them. In most of photos she's dressed rather conservatively or like a jock, so perhaps she felt like the white sneakers toned down the flashy top.

I just wish she would've RUN in those shoes about about 1:05am.

Another reason for sneakers: I'm 5'9" and wear a size 10 shoe, which is as big as many manufacturers and stores go. If her feet are bigger, at 5'11", she may just not be able to find cute shoes in her size.

But mostly I think it's that sneakers like that are trendy now.

Yep. I think he was one of those local characters that everyone in town recognizes. I think she had seen him around, and she's striking because of her height and build, so he'd probably seen her before. I doubt they dated or had a planned meet-up. I think his familiarity probably lead to her level of comfort.

If they knew each other, good enough to have a drink & get in the car together, why not scream across the food court? Why sneak up from behind?

a man with dreadlocks seen in two surveillance videos who was conclusively ruled out as a suspect.

Caitlin Dewey, if she were a real journalist, would never have written something like this because any sort of investigative journalism would have shown this not to have ever been the case.

Executive Board - V. Timothy J. Longo, Sr.

Timothy J. Longo Chief Timothy J. Longo, Sr., began his law enforcement career with the Baltimore Police Department in 1981

Yeah, I thought I heard a Bawlmer accent there. :dance:

See I was studying recently in criminal procedure and if I remember correctly, a person cannot be arrested for something found outside of what is detailed on the warrant. Or if they are, that evidence could be thrown out in court. Example: the detail on the warrant "we want to search all countertops" and some cop opens a drawer and finds an illegal sub machine gun or something, they can't take it and charge him with that because the search area wasn't on the warrant. Idk. I'm probably wrong. QUOTE]

You aren't wrong. But in your example, the police search is unauthorized because the warrant extended to countertops and not drawers. But if executing a lawful warrant, within the stated parameters of the warrant (which are usually pretty broadly drawn), evidence of an unrelated crime is found (ie, felon in possession of a firearm if a gun is found in the course of a lawful search) then that evidence can be used to support an arrest warrant for the unrelated crime. If the warrant permits the police to search closets, and they find the gun in the closet, it seems illogical that the invidual couldn't be charged with that just because the cops were originally searching for child *advertiser censored* pics they heard he stashed in his closet. Does that make more sense? JMO

I'm kind of scared for other men who are innocent and fit the description. They could be targeted by angry citizens. People need to make sure to leave this to LE.

I completly agree. She probably felt comfortable getting a ride back to her apartment from him, and then things went awry, once she was in his car. :(

Yep. I think he was one of those local characters that everyone in town recognizes. I think she had seen him around, and she's striking because of her height and build, so he'd probably seen her before. I doubt they dated or had a planned meet-up. I think his familiarity probably lead to her level of comfort.

Same scenario in the Kenia Mongue case. She was drugged though and the perp got her walking down the road.

I don't think they were friends, maybe not even aquantances. I think she just probably recognized him as a local guy that is always around town and felt OK with him.

AFAIK the chief said they did not have prior relationship. I understood that as boyfriend/girlfriend. I'm not sure if that means he didn't think she knew him.

I thought the same thing. It did not match well with her outfit. And her outfit is SO distinct and a bit unusual IMO. If I were on the mall that night I certainly would have noticed her, just because of her clothes. And if she looked distraught even more so. Someone saw her. What about that group of 5-6 people in both of the videos? You can't tell me they didn't notice her.
I was beginning to think I was crazy. It's not just the tennis shoes, it's the white tennis shoes. In her pictures she is often wearing flip flops and black shoes. I would have noticed someone in all black, including a metallic shirt, except for white tennis shoes, and I hope other women do too.

If they knew each other, good enough to have a drink & get in the car together, why not scream across the food court? Why sneak up from behind?
"Knew" is a relative term. We have all seen "the same people around" if you hang out or frequent the same scene often. Also, BG had to pass WG to catch up to HG...we don't know what WG has told police as to how BG approached HG. Must have shown familiarity as he probably broke off after they willing went into Tempo

To that end...PURELY speculation on my part...could this be a situation where they had connected online for one reason or another? I know the drug thing has been mentioned, but it could've been online dating, or just a situation where he added her on Facebook and kind of pursued her that way...and maybe he misrepresented himself? In his appearance, age, etc. Then they agreed to meet up, which is why she was being vague with her friends. And then when she rolled up, he knew what she looked like and was looking for her, but she didn't really realize that he was who she had been talking to? Maybe a long shot, but it's a thought. Lord knows the "catfish" thing happens all the time.

But why all the wandering around between 11:50 and 1:08 or so? If she was going to meet him, why not hang out someplace until it was time to meet up with him? Why that weird run by the gas station and the wander around McGrady's?

Not super relevant, but the sneakers are "trendy" now. Just take a look in Target and see what the "trendy" shoe is they are pushing (in the past it has been fake Toms, etc.) This season it is cute sneakers.

Trying to catch up but after being at work all day, DANG there is a lot. Still praying for a miracle.

I don't think they do know each other tbh. I think she's probably seen him hanging around the mall all the time. He's seen her looking worse for wear and vulnerable that night and gone up to her. She recognises him, and as they say familiarity breeds contempt. He's being friendly and nice, says "I'll buy you a beer". She thinks in her drunken state "he's harmless, he's here all the time and everyone knows him." So she goes for a beer. He offers her a lift back to her place and she gets in his car. And then she disappears.

My new theory: she got into an argument with her friends and/or was kicked out of the bar (earlier in the night). She wandered around thinking she'd show them - didn't want to go home and feel like a loser while they were still out partying. Maybe as the night went on, her anger fueled, especially if they didn't text her wondering where she was. So when dreadlocks guy offered to buy her a drink, she said yes. I had similar scenarios with girlfriends when I was in college. Drama central. ETA: she could've been angry with a love interest, too. But anger would explain her quick pace and seemingly aimless route.

I don't know about this theory of "maybe she recognized him as a cool local guy" ... UVA students generally don't intermix with what they not-so-affectionately term "townies." Maybe she was a bit friendlier because she was intoxicated, but still... a bit unusual for a UVA student to willingly and randomly get buddy-buddy with a "townie"

I was beginning to think I was crazy. It's not just the tennis shoes, it's the white tennis shoes. In her pictures she is often wearing flip flops and black shoes. I would have noticed someone in all black, including a metallic shirt, except for white tennis shoes, and I hope other women do too.

Can someone link the surveillance video showing the man with dreads for me? I can't find it.

So did she willingly go into that bar with him? :confused:

Also - I never believed Hannah sent that last "I'm lost" text...the press conference convinced me of that even more

I don't yet know what I believe as far as the "lost" text. It would have been sent while she was in that restaurant bar with him and I don't think she would have been forced in there. I feel like she was heading downtown to meet him or someone (whether it was someone he made up, I wonder). In the press conference it was stated she appeared to be walking with a purpose so I'm thinking she may have sent the text so not to tell her friends where she really was. Either way, I don't think she was the one that turned her phone off. I think any control she may have had over her phone or what was going on was lost once she was out of the public eye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauriedries23456!