VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know about this theory of "maybe she recognized him as a cool local guy" ... UVA students generally don't intermix with what they not-so-affectionately term "townies." Maybe she was a bit friendlier because she was intoxicated, but still... a bit unusual for a UVA student to willingly and randomly get buddy-buddy with a "townie"

So what do you think happened, Bookbook? Of course I don't have the answers, so I'm interested in everyones' theories.

Accurate, IMO. I frequent the downtown mall and a few times have walked back to my palace (off the downtown mall) at night. The mall is def. not a place where a a young female should fear walking by herself before last call (2am). There are lots of people around, so MANY witnesses. If anything sketchy happened to Hannah, it wasn't on the downtown mall for sure.

I don't think he needed to put a drug in her drink....seems she went with him willingly

As for Hannah being "terrified" because WG was following her....she wasn't somewhere alone! She wasn't on some dark, deserted street being stalked by some crazed rapist! There were a lot of people around her. But, I doubt she even noticed WG. Why would she? She was NOT alone being followed by WG. Why, if she didn't know DBG would she allow him to touch her? Why go into a bar with him and then into his car? That was better than some vague threat of WG following her in a crowd of people? I fervently hope that WG is not id'd any time soon. His life will be a living hell. What a shame

Did they have the press conference? I was tied up and haven't been able to keep track.

They did, but I only caught the tail end. Police are desperately seeking witness of a 6'2" 270 lbs black man with dreadlocks, or corn rows who was seen with Hannah at Tempo. Hannah and the man bought take-out alcohol, were there for about 15 minutes (going from memory), left together and got into his car. They want everyone that was in a small area around Tempo between 1-2AM to think back to what they saw and to phone in anything they remember. They want everyone with surveillance cameras to look for that burnt-orange car, and anything else that seemed suspicious as far as the county line.

I wanted to post this here. I don't think they specified a model type, so I just looked up '98 Chrysler Coupe. This model is a sebring, I think. Of course, this is not the right color-- the car of interest is burnt orange.

chrysler coup.jpg

Just to give an idea of what the car might look like. I am really happy it is that burnt orange color, because it is very distinctive. I've never seen more then one or two vehicles in that color in any of the towns I've lived in.

If he knew her and this was his plan, he wasn't very smart. So many places in between the party house and there that he could have picked her up that would have been more private, and less likely to be seen than in the mall and taking her into a restaurant. Not seeing it, I think it was a crime of opportunity. MOO

What I really want to know is who is this guy, because then we might be able to track down places he would have taken her.

That's what I think, too; I bet he couldn't believe his luck when she agreed to go off with him.

Are we to believe that Dreads is the GREATEST pickup artist to ever live? He spots a girl across a food court and goes all the way around to somehow put his arm around her, take her into a bar for a drink and then take her home?!? I am more & more believing that <modsnip>WG put the fear into her while Dreads moved in to be the hero. It really is the only thing that makes sense to me

IMO, it's possible he offered her a ride home and she was conflicted but didn't want to offend him because he'd been nice. Or it was so late, she thought it was safer than walking home alone at that point. What time was it that she texted in relation to the time they left the bar? Was the text 1:20 and leaving the bar 1:30 or was it the other way around? And is Tempo near the address she mentioned in the text message?

As always, MOO.

I bet that Hannah and Dreads are in the background of some photo from that night at Tempo's.

I lived and worked in Baltimore (and DC) for several years. Thank goodness I'm in the burbs now but I digress.

I went to the bars frequently and I observed. I can tell you that on a weekend night there will be a guy or several with coke, heroin, pills, and speed. He will be socializing with friends, he will look normal, he will know the bartenders and waiters, he will be the guy who everyone knows his name, he will be charismatic and cool. He will also be on his phone frequently and he will also slip in and out of corners and bathrooms, or step outside around the corner to meet people.

I knew exactly who these people were and what they were doing. And I am not pleased to say that some people I knew bought drugs from them. It is like this in every college town and every area with a bar scene.

After the bar people go to the afterparty at someone's house and even more drugs are consumed into the wee hours of the night. You will see people from all walks of life. And especially in college towns and big cities it will be a mixture of rich and poor, black and white, gay and straight, jocks and hipsters, all partying and getting high together.

Just my 2 cents.

I could go into any bar in Baltimore this weekend and within minutes know who has the drugs.

Wonder if poi is a musician and was selling an instrument or similar item.
Music over- rides race, sex, age and religion imo, and can bring together people who might not otherwise "connect".

I don't think they do know each other tbh. I think she's probably seen him hanging around the mall all the time. He's seen her looking worse for wear and vulnerable that night and gone up to her. She recognises him, and as they say familiarity breeds contempt. He's being friendly and nice, says "I'll buy you a beer". She thinks in her drunken state "he's harmless, he's here all the time and everyone knows him." So she goes for a beer. He offers her a lift back to her place and she gets in his car. And then she disappears.

I think you're right on.

Honestly, I don't have a good theory. I think it's very strange ... maybe HG was too trusting of a stranger, but maybe she was also coerced or tricked in some way.

So what do you think happened, Bookbook? Of course I don't have the answers, so I'm interested in everyones' theories.

So did they say where the guy with the dreads said Hannah went? Where did he last see her? I missed the presser.

A bar called Tempo's followed by his car, followed by his apartment... :(

ETA: I misunderstood your question. No, they did not say anything about what Dreads said to police about Hannah or anything.

I think he was just one of them guys that can get you things. You never talk or associate with the guy until you need things. Friend of a friend

Maybe, back in the 60's we had "buyers" when we were in high school. Didn't hang out with them though they just bought the beer for us ( probably THINKING that we would party with them, LOL) Maybe he was a buyer. JMO

They did, but I only caught the tail end. Police are desperately seeking witness of a 6'2" 270 lbs black man with dreadlocks, or corn rows who was seen with Hannah at Tempo. Hannah and the man bought take-out alcohol, were there for about 15 minutes (going from memory), left together and got into his car. They want everyone that was in a small area around Tempo between 1-2AM to think back to what they saw and to phone in anything they remember. They want everyone with surveillance cameras to look for that burnt-orange car, and anything else that seemed suspicious as far as the county line.
So do they have this guys car already? Is he the guy that lives at the apartment? If so then where was he then? I'm lost now....darn I shoulda kept up.

Temp could have been her destination the whole time. This guy could have just followed her in there. She is only 18 so she would need him to buy beer. She may have been seeking out someone to buy it.

Maybe, back in the 60's we had "buyers" when we were in high school. Didn't hang out with them though they just bought the beer for us ( probably THINKING that we would party with them, LOL) Maybe he was a buyer. JMO

They were still there in the 90's

I lived and worked in Baltimore (and DC) for several years. Thank goodness I'm in the burbs now but I digress.

I went to the bars frequently and I observed. I can tell you that on a weekend night there will be a guy or several with coke, heroin, pills, and speed. He will be socializing with friends, he will look normal, he will know the bartenders and waiters, he will be the guy who everyone knows his name, he will be charismatic and cool. He will also be on his phone frequently and he will also slip in and out of corners and bathrooms, or step outside around the corner to meet people.

I knew exactly who these people were and what they were doing. And I am not pleased to say that some people I knew bought drugs from them. It is like this in every college town and every area with a bar scene.

After the bar people go to the afterparty at someone's house and even more drugs are consumed into the wee hours of the night. You will see people from all walks of life. And especially in college towns and big cities it will be a mixture of rich and poor, black and white, gay and straight, jocks and hipsters, all partying and getting high together.

Just my 2 cents.

I could go into any bar in Baltimore this weekend and within minutes know who has the drugs.

I grew up in Baltimore too. Must be why I always agree with your take on things. :)

Reading the comments of FB are frustrating. People need to understand that the other side to LE being so open and putting out information just as soon as they have it, is that sometimes that information turns out to be irrelevant and sometimes it's just straight up wrong. You can't have it both ways, you can't have just the facts and have it speedy. It's fluid, go with it! Sorry, rant over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussyDog