VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Respectfully, you keep bringing up race as an issue.. IMO, race has nothing to do with it and will not help us bring Hannah home. MOO, race is NOT the reason the cops singled him out, SOMETHING led them to his car, and SOMETHING in/on said car gave them a good reason to search the residence... No snarkiness intended [emoji5] I just don't want to have the focus off of what's important.. Hannah needs to be home, and her family deserves answers..imo.

did you even read my comment? i said that the racism that still exists obviously in society + in the legal system causes many minorities to not trust LE. and you can't disregard that as a possible factor in why he didn't come forward. COME FORWARD, not why he is a POI.

yes, we want hannah to be brought home, but we don't want peoples' lives and names to be dragged through the mud unjustly. there are many important factors in any investigation and it is important to remain ethical as we search for the missing person. he is a POI, not a suspect. being named a POI has ruined a LOT of innocent lives. there is no room for tunnel vision when you're dealing with a very delicate situation with many moving parts.

I hear a lot about LJ and his two "roommates" and/or "friends". Has it been established who he lived with? I heard from another poster here that he has a long term girlfriend. Is is possible he lived with his gf and possibly her child, or a relative, or are we certain these are friends?

I can certainly see his GF wanting to move out for safety reasons, and perhaps she doesn't want to be with a POI in a murder case. That may explain the shuffling boxes today.

OMG! I've been on this site for the past 5 days . . . . . and just the name of the POI released. I know him! He coaches my sons football team! I cannot believe I did not recognize him from the video. I think I just did not even associate him with the potential to commit a crime! He is the nicest, caring, Christian man . . . . . Always helping the boys, encouraging them, as a volunteer.

He cannot be guilty! I need to confirm, but I think he was at football practice the Saturday morning after the incident. I really don't think he is guilty!

Yikes and I know you are in shock.Well right now he is just a POI

Respectfully, you keep bringing up race as an issue.. IMO, race has nothing to do with it and will not help us bring Hannah home. MOO, race is NOT the reason the cops singled him out, SOMETHING led them to his car, and SOMETHING in/on said car gave them a good reason to search the residence... No snarkiness intended [emoji5] I just don't want to have the focus off of what's important.. Hannah needs to be home, and her family deserves answers..imo.

Race may not have anything to do with why he is a POI but it may have everything to do with why he will not just come in to LE and proclaim his innocence.
If I were in his shoes, and I were innocent, I would be doing pretty much exactly what he is doing. Sorry if this offends folks, but it is the truth. This is 2014 and it is the world we live in. He has every reason to protect his own interests.

I recall it the same way you do, Katie. They didn't search the car on the premises, it was towed away.

I thought since they said that they had developed probable cause for the apt. warrant in the process of executing the warrant on the car that it would have been something relating to the car that they were in the process of seizing. I guess there are things that could trigger probable cause that didn't involve seeing something, but seeing something seems as likely to me.

MOD NOTE:

The POI has a name now. Please refer to him by his name, or by his initials -- JM, JLM, or LJM.

Thanks

Police Confirm Identity of Person of Interest in Hannah Graham Case
Posted: Sep 20, 2014 1:20 PM CST Updated: Sep 20, 2014 3:36 PM CST

Charlottesville police have identified the person of interest in the case of missing University of Virginia student Hannah Graham as Jesse 'LJ' Matthew.

but they had to have seen something of hers to get the warrants.
I think it would be really strange if LJ had something of Hannah's in his car and hadn't disposed of it yet. He had to have seen himself on tv and know it was only a matter of time before the police came knocking. That would be really, really dumb.
If they saw something that was undoubtedly hers in the car, I would think he'd be bumped from POI to suspect immediately, right?
I really don't know...

Someone said earlier today that he received a citation for something regarding his tag or license plate...did I dream this up or did someone post earlier??

Are you familiar with Dennis Rader? He was a church-going family man that no one had anything bad to say about. The letter he wrote that got him caught was written on a church computer.

Absolutely. I know there are psychopath killers out there like that. It's just that in all the cases I have followed here at Websleuths, I've only seen one that was like that--where the perp absoultely had NO red flags whatseoever. Every other case the perp had red flags. Weird social media. weird friends. weird behaviors. a criminal record. something! I know it happens the other way, I just think it's less probable. It would be incredible if this turned out to be one of those serial-killer psychopath style cases (especially if MH was connected). But right now, the fact that this POI has so many people (even people here on Websleuths!) who doubt it--well, for me that carries weight--for now--until I hear more evidence of course.

New here from New Orleans! I have been following the case for a few days and hope we get more answers and pray Hannah is found soon!

I was sitting here thinking and thought maybe she lost her phone. What exactly did the text say?? Maybe someone found her phone and put I'm lost...etc. Did any of the videos show her in the areas at a earlier time? Maybe she was backtracking to find phone?? Maybe she couldn't get in touch with anyone so she was looking for places her friends could of been? Does any remember seeing her with her phone in any videos??

I don't know my brain hurts. Praying we here more info soon!

Yeah.. umm.. what if the phone was lost, someone found it and put "lost at the corner of 14th and whatever" and left it there. I have found many phones and texted people and I usually stay with the phone but someone may have just entered the text and left it there thinking the friend would be with the person, since they'd been texting prior, and would alert the owner that her phone was at that corner.

I am not big on crazy theories but this one may be realistic.

New here from New Orleans! I have been following the case for a few days and hope we get more answers and pray Hannah is found soon!

I was sitting here thinking and thought maybe she lost her phone. What exactly did the text say?? Maybe someone found her phone and put I'm lost...etc. Did any of the videos show her in the areas at a earlier time? Maybe she was backtracking to find phone?? Maybe she couldn't get in touch with anyone so she was looking for places her friends could of been? Does any remember seeing her with her phone in any videos??

I don't know my brain hurts. Praying we here more info soon!

Welcome to Websleuths!

That's very creative -- that the "I'm lost" is the phone talking, sort of like someone dialing the "in case of emergency" number. Police have said she sent a text pretty shortly before she met up with the POI, suggesting she still had her phone, but anything is possible!

I thought since they said that they had developed probable cause for the apt. warrant in the process of executing the warrant on the car that it would have been something relating to the car that they were in the process of seizing. I guess there are things that could trigger probable cause that didn't involve seeing something, but seeing something seems as likely to me.

Could it be that they saw something on the exterior of his car that prompted them to search his apt. For example, blood on the outside of the door, or something else visible on the outside of the car???

Are you familiar with Dennis Rader? He was a church-going family man that no one had anything bad to say about. The letter he wrote that got him caught was written on a church computer.

I don't think people actually believe that because someone goes to church they cannot do bad things. I just think that with this case, something about the POI doesn't set of our hinky meters, even for some of us who never knew him.

They did not open the car there. They towed if for processing (to gather evidence). You can't see hair, saliva, or fingernails through the window.
They don't have footage of her getting in the car. The Chief was pleading for people to come forward if they had seen her get in the car.
IIRC, her scent ended at Water Street Garage.

Is there a link verifying this? Did the Chief specifically say that, or are you coming to that conclusion because the Chief asked for people to come forward if they saw her in the car?

Unless the Chief specifically said they have no footage of her in the car, we don't know that to be certain. Just because they haven't said we have footage of Hannah in the orange car, or released that footage to the media, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Police could want to hear from people that saw her to know her demeanor, things that were said, etc.

Race may not have anything to do with why he is a POI but it may have everything to do with why he will not just come in to LE and proclaim his innocence.
If I were in his shoes, and I were innocent, I would be doing pretty much exactly what he is doing. Sorry if this offends folks, but it is the truth. This is 2014 and it is the world we live in. He has every reason to protect his own interests.
He also has the legal responsibility to come forward with any information he has regarding a missing persons case.. Whether he is black, white, purple, or blue, shouldn't be a factor, imo.

IIRC, LE said in the process of seizing the car, they had probable cause to go for the other search warrants. I don't think they said something was seen, do you have a link?

"Originally, they were here for a vehicle to search and seize — while they were here they found enough probable cause to then search the home," said Carter Johnson, public information officer for the Albemarle County Police Department."

There are a couple of different ways someone can read the above statement. Police very well could have seen someone fleeing the apartment while they were there for the car............ or any number of others things that they arent choosing to share with us at this time.

Since their primary focus at that time was the car, Im reading this statement literally. For all we know they could have seen a hair inside the car or something else that led to searching the home.

I am primarily a visual person, thats how I think. I said 'seen' because I doubt they are using their senses of taste, smell and touch that much here.

Link is below.

http://www.cavalierdaily.com/article/2014/09/hessian-hills-apartment-search-in-graham-case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lillianlily