VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
so is letting a drunk 18 yr old walk home or anywhere by herself- no matter what she says...imo

I agree, but a lot of people have the mentality of "An 18 year old SHOULD BE able to drink and walk around alone at night." To think otherwise is "misogyny." Unfortunately, the way things should be and the way they are rarely coincide.

, I am waiting for a co-worker to get back to me before I decide whether to contact the tip line. . . . . this whole thing is hitting way to close to home for me. Will update when I know more. Thanks.

I know it's hard, but for Hannah's sake, don't wait. You don't know if it's helpful to the investigation or not. Let them decide that.

We have two ppl on this thread that knew him in some way. 1. Works with him, the other's son plays on a football team that JM coaches.

And 2 that have ties via good friends on FB.

One being the one who's friend rode back from a wedding with him, and is the one (the FB friend, I mean) is friends with JM's ex (who is still apparently friends with JM). That's the one who also found out from the mutual friend that he DID drive taxis before (related due to the question of the earlier article about that)

Also 3 of those 4 have been WS members for quite a length of time before this case (all for over a year and one for 4 years)!

In all the years I've been on WS and followed cases, I don't think I've ever seen us have that many members with some tie to / knowledge of someone / having mutual friends with someone named as a POI! Especially since his name hasn't really even been public 24 hours yet and it's a weekend so we may have more who realize it or just haven't posted yet - these have all been in just about the last 6 hours!

We often get new members (like our new friend who also works at the hospital - welcome by the way! :balloons:) who come once a name is released or just as a case is starting because it's local to them and they end up realizing they know the person once details come out.

But 3 within hours that are long-time WS members seems so unusual!

Good points! Perhaps her roommates were out of town and didn't return until Sunday??? They could have gone home, visited friends on another campus, athletes that travel to compete...

Roommates aren't necessarily the same people you party or hang out with either.

But what about her friends?? To whom she (apparently) texted that she was lost, come find me? Regardless of where they lived. I would be out of my mind on Sat. AM if I could not find her, after getting those texts,with worry and guilt. I really don't get this lax attitude young people have toward one another. I would have called police or her family. At least Lauren was reported early afternoon the next day by her "friends". Not that it helped, nor did they much.

yah. it just does not make sense. although it seems like she's puking in the Grady's video, she also seems to be going there intentionally and leaving the exact same way she came without hesitation. that would put her on Preston, right? so maybe a wrong turn once she got to preston? but running past the shell station - wouldn't she have turned back after realizing she didn't recognize her surroundings or was obviously going the wrong way? was she late for somethingmj

I think there is more mystery to that night than what happened to her. what was she doing all night and why? and didn't she appear to be jogging already in the picture from the apartments at the party from earlier in the night?[/QUOTE

" maybe she was late"-- that's why she could be running - turbo walking

This is a new twist. Was mr dreads a drug dealer? Did he supply Hannah and friends with their supply of of college party drugs? Did he put an arm around somebody who was turned around-lost and scared?--- or did he put her arm around her because she was a valued customer? was she late for a meeting with him? According to a Hessian Hills neighbor, Mr dreads did not appear work for a living. he had a PIT BULL and did not work for a living...........

Why on earth would you wait when an 18 year old girl is missing?

Eta: I could have said this more nicely--sorry. But please call.

Nothing specific yet. My son cant recall if Coach was at practice Saturday or not (he says all the practice drills run together and he cant remember which day is which). He's going to talk to some team-mates in the morning.

My son did mention some interesting things about practice this week, I am waiting for a co-worker to get back to me before I decide whether to contact the tip line. . . . . this whole thing is hitting way to close to home for me. Will update when I know more. Thanks.

I agree, but a lot of people have the mentality of "An 18 year old SHOULD BE able to drink and walk around alone at night." To think otherwise is "misogyny." Unfortunately, the way things should be and the way they are rarely coincide.

We have seen plenty of 18-year old males who could not manage it...ending up in rivers and lakes. It is a bad idea for anyone, not a matter of what they should be able to do, Imo.

This is why the violent rapes within a block or two of her apartment are key.

Completely agree.
There is definitely a bigger picture to consider, and I only wish that the media would expand their focus a bit.
Many of us believe the critical interval of time began sometime after 1:20am early saturday morning, and continued through the time during which the second attack occurred. I can't imagine that a thorough investigation, would not be including those two attacks (and all the physical evidence therein), within the scope of this investigation of HG's disappearance.
But... sometimes investigations are compartmentalized, so as to avoid 'scaring the villagers'. JMO, but It seems that LE suggests a 'connection' to multiple crimes, only when it is painfully obvious, and everyone else has already come to that conclusion.

I know it's hard, but for Hannah's sake, don't wait. You don't know if it's helpful to the investigation or not. Let them decide that.

I agree with this. I don't want to sound pressuring, and I really do appreciate you responding to my post TCS. But with that being said, please help. I know this is a friend and someone you've trusted. But there's someone's little girl out there that's missing and she needs all the help she can get. This is not about convicting your friend because he hasn't even been charged with a crime. This is about finding Hannah.

FWIW, here's my opinion on HG's appearance/demeanor at the mall. By the time she left the party near where she lived she was very drunk. She got lost and was probably so inebriated she couldn't even use her phone to map out where she was. Yes, she was walking with a purpose at the mall and that purpose was to get out of there and find her way home. She was scared.

You clearly have misunderstood why people were upset with you, and have been harping on this for days now. Your comments were deleted for good reason. Let it go.

We have seen plenty of 18-year old males who could not manage it...ending up in rivers and lakes. It is a bad idea for anyone, not a matter of what they should be able to do, Imo.

I agree. It's why I don't drink and I'm a 38 year old male. But in the drinking community, people will go to great lengths to justify risky behavior.

yah. it just does not make sense. although it seems like she's puking in the Grady's video, she also seems to be going there intentionally and leaving the exact same way she came without hesitation. that would put her on Preston, right? so maybe a wrong turn once she got to preston? but running past the shell station - wouldn't she have turned back after realizing she didn't recognize her surroundings or was obviously going the wrong way? was she late for somethingmj

I think there is more mystery to that night than what happened to her. what was she doing all night and why? and didn't she appear to be jogging already in the picture from the apartments at the party from earlier in the night?[/QUOTE

" maybe she was late"-- that's why she could be running - turbo walking

This is a new twist. Was mr dreads a drug dealer? Did he supply Hannah and friends with their supply of of college party drugs? Did he put an arm around somebody who was turned around-lost and scared?--- or did he put her arm around her because she was a valued customer? was she late for a meeting with him? According to a Hessian Hills neighbor, Mr dreads did not appear work for a living. he had a PIT BULL and did not work for a living...........

But it seems as though he does work...people who know him and even work with him have posted. My brother and my niece each have shelter Pits. Neither deals drugs.

Wonder if they will ever find out if WG or LM ever attended the Metallica concert in 2009 where Morgan went missing. Maybe they attended or worked as bouncer or selling t-shirts or concession. Just want to know if there is a link.

Was LM a taxi driver at the time of MH's murder?

A minor does not need to meet up with a 32 year old man in order to score alcohol for the evening. She could have met up with a 21 year old frat guy to do that. One does need to meet up with a 32 year old man, perhaps to score a bag a weed. Maybe she was alone because she was the one tasked with bringing the weed.

this ^^ and the wonderful video analysis by one of our new members. I still think she was looking for someone. We simply are not privy to the information if she and JM knew each other- casually or not.

When I was that age, I danced and partied with a very diverse group of people- all ages, colors, and lifestyles. One of our favorite places to hang out was a male gay bar, as no one ever hit on us, and the music was fabulous!

Was LM a taxi driver at the time of MH's murder?

There was a scolding from mods for discussing MH too much in this thread, since LE has not announced that they believe there is a connection right now and things were getting confusing in here. But Morgan has a thread (you probably already knew that) :)

My son did mention some interesting things about practice this week, I am waiting for a co-worker to get back to me before I decide whether to contact the tip line. . . . . this whole thing is hitting way to close to home for me. Will update when I know more. Thanks.

Can you share what the interesting things were?

Actually, saying what I just did about how many members we have that have already discovered some degree of link has me thinking...

Two joined last August - also the month Alexis Murphy went missing.

I'm guessing we've likely got many others that are locals that joined during one of these other VA cases that have some similarities (locations, time of year, young female victims/MPs, at night, possibly under the influence of something, in some cases suspect or POI descriptions, etc.) because of concern if they could all be connected and because perhaps one was in their relative area.

Meaning I bet in this case we may see even more WS members realize they too have some degree of 'tie' (mutual friends, knowledge of, interactions w/ etc).

Because aside from "regulars" or "die hards" who tend to follow and post on a bunch of cases or most or high traffic or high publicity ones, we've obviously got a bunch who tend to follow and post less frequently, or follow those more in their 'area' (region or just area of interest case feature wise) it seems like we've likely got even more who stick to just things that are local and so joined during another similar VA case and will pop back in with this.

Assuming he stays the POI (at least in the short-term) I think it'll be interesting to see if it plays into the discussion dynamic or mindset in any way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bubbajax