VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I read one vicious beating occurred at 1:30 AM that same timeframe as HG phone goes dead. Was it male that was beating at that time and the two sexual assaults coming on sat/sun AM and sun/mon AM?

I'll have to go back and read it again. All these dates and times have my head spinning.

I think she was actually holding her lower back because it was probably sore form all the walking. Same thing happens to me.

She is an accomplished and fit athlete. Mc Gradys is not far from the party she left. At 18, I hope her back didn't hurt...

her text at 1:20 puts her back there. (either in her mind or physically)

Something bad happened to her in that area, imo...

eta: in the CCTV of McGrady's, she keeps messing with her pant waist
(and 2 in a black car watch her and then slowly drive away.)

That's what I said, too. Was she attacked before she got to Grady's? And who was in that dark sports car? They walked up from the side she walked toward...it seemed that way to me, anyway.

People keep saying that RLM Jr only had some traffic citations. It's true that in Albemarle he had only 15 traffic offenses but he Charlottesville he had three serious charges. Two were nolle'd and one was appealed and went up to the circuit court.

GC09005874-00 MATTHEW, JESSE LEORY; JR 04/22/2010 01:00 PM ASSAULT: (MISDEMEANOR)
GC09005873-00 MATTHEW, JESSE LEORY; JR. 04/22/2010 01:00 PM ATTEMPT - GRND LARCENY: $200+ NOT PERSON
Both occurred on 6/4/2009 both were nolle'd
Note the dyslexic typo on both those charges but it is him DOB 12/14

and this in 2010 which was appealed up to the circuit court on 4/30/2010
GC10001889-00 MATTHEW, JESSE LEROY; JR 04/22/2010 01:00 PM TRESPASS AFTER FORBIDDEN
he was listed as living in Keswick, VA at time of incident 3/17/2010 (That's St Patty's Day, right?)
at circuit court level:
CaseNumber Defendant Charge Hear Date Status
CR10000129-01 MATTHEW, JESSE LEROY; JR TRESPASS AFTER FORBIDDEN 08/12/2010 Trial - Judge With Witness
The appeal was withdrawn in August 2010 he was found guilty and paid fines and fees.
the rest of the charges in C-ville were 7 traffic offenses
adding these two with the 12/14 DOB and typo of MatthewS
GT04005868-00 MATTHEWS, JESSE LEROY; JR 08/05/2004 12:00 AM FAIL TO OBEY TRAFFIC SIGNAL
GT14000741-00 MATTHEWS, JESSE LEROY; JR 02/06/2014 10:30 AM 39/25 SP

So it is more than just traffic infractions.

Wasn't a good caring Christian.

Speaking of the traffic citations. I saw someone say he was a taxi driver and used his burnt orange car for that.

Actually, things haven't changed much. I have children in college and you just described their lives. The thing I have drilled into their heads since they were in high school is to never go off by yourself and never allow a friend to go off alone either when they are out. Having said that, at this age they think they are invincible, that this will never happen to them, that they are safe.

IMO, not much of what Hannah did that night is out of the ordinary other than going into a bar with a man twice her age. I'm surprised at that, regardless of how much she had to drink. I am curious about how much she had to drink inside the bar, though, and I'm sure they are interviewing employees as we speak. Also, it's entirely possible he dropped something in her drink while they were there. I will say that the fact that she was ambulatory and running prior to entering the bar says a lot. From watching the video, she doesn't appear to be sloppy drunk. So I think she knew what she was doing prior to entering the bar but I'm not sure she did before she left.

Has it been determined what she was doing in the downtown mall? My first thought is that she was looking for an ATM. It's an odd place for her to be that late at night unless she was looking for a way into a bar or looking for friends. She was definitely on a mission, though, because she was walking very determinedly.
I wonder if her pants were dirtied or damaged by the time she got to Grady's. Could that have been what people saw? Maybe she got turned around because she ran from an earlier attempt or even a successful attack. Maybe so many people seemed to be staring at her because there was something about the condition of her clothing.

Nolle prosequi. Meaning charges dropped.

No, it means they are set aside and within the conditions the court sets; if you commit a similar offense, the charges can be put back on the table. They are not dropped.

She is an accomplished and fit athlete. Mc Gradys is not far from the party she left. At 18, I hope her back didn't hurt...

She was at McGrady's at 12:45am. She apparently left the party at 11:50pm. She did not walk right from the party to McGrady's. She is seen in the McGrady video walking down Preston Ave. then she turns around at McGrady's and walks the opposite way down Preston and goes to the mall.

I read one vicious beating occurred at 1:30 AM that same timeframe as HG phone goes dead. Was it male that was beating at that time and the two sexual assaults coming on sat/sun AM and sun/mon AM?

Coy Barefoot @coybarefoot · Sep 19

I just reported on the radio: confirmed 3rd assault took place last wknd: young man nearly beaten to death 13th st. near the (cont'd)

Coy Barefoot @coybarefoot · Sep 19

UVA Corner and blocks from other 2 sexual assaults that took place same wknd- this man was beaten approx 130a same night Hannah dissapeared

Maybe he is scared to talk to police because he is a black man thought to have done something wrong to a white girl and fears that the system may screw him.

Perhaps that could be a justifiable factor earlier, but at this point I suspect it would be doing more harm than good.

I mean, his name is now ALL over in the press and everyone who knows him has surely heard it from some source or another - including his place of apparent employment and his place of apparent volunteer work.

How would continuing to not go forward now do anything other than make LE think he looks even more suspicious? :waitasec:

And how would it not almost certainly make his employers, co-workers, future patients he interacts with, and the school employees, families, and children of the football team at least be concerned about if they should be concerned if he could be involved, possibly endangering those positions?

There are certainly people who would fully (or mostly - or heck, even at least to some degree) find him leaving - along with the other 2 who were there at the time - between his car being seized at midnight and LE returning at 8 am. Leaving to consult with an attorney or in fear or whatever seems like it could be understandable for some length of time.

But not coming forward after that - after getting an attorney or something - and now especially with his name being all out there seems like it's got to be doing FAR more harm than good for his situation if he's truly uninvolved, regardless of any hesitations he might possibly have.

After all, if he were to have those concerns about LE and 'the system,' whether that could be believing they were jumping to conclusions / treating him unfairly / etc., if he were to be arrested and charged in connection with it, then you'd think those same concerns could be held about a jury.

And then you'd think that he and presumed legal counsel of some sort would realize that doing anything that might appear suspicious, like not coming forward to LE at least after being named a POI (even if some time may be understood to seek counsel or something) would probably be something that would best be avoided.

I guess I just don't see how even if he had fears along those lines (and regardless of where on the spectrum of understandable/justifiable/whatever or not on which anyone falls) that continuing to not speak with them would be beneficial and not more damaging and/or not further raising suspicions at this point.

But maybe I'm missing something?

"Longo declined to discuss two other young women who were attacked during the week. One day after Graham disappeared, a UVA student was raped near campus, and the following day, a young woman from Charlottesville was found unconscious, badly beaten and likely raped nearby. Asked why the public had not been informed, Longo held up the routine police reports delivered to news organizations daily."

http://wvtf.org/post/charlottesville-police-making-progress-graham-case

From the UVA PD Crime Reports: Pay close attention to September 14th. It says that the female student was sexually assaulted in the early morning hours of September 13th. That is the same night that Hannah disappeared.

Thanks K... I thought I saw that somewhere...

Again the refocus is in a 50K town/city where the university is the main source of revenue, what do you think the leverage/pressure is on Longo from the state capital and the university president is to get this situation tamped down/solved? People across the country are already bringing up references to the Route 29 disappearances and rightfully so.

If that's the case in any way, you'd think that LINKING Hannah and the assaults, at least, would actually HELP, no?

I mean, if that's the case, that means ONE perp and not two or even three separate ones involved in events that all apparently transpired in a matter of hours.

Frankly it'd seem like if they thought at all that either or both were related to Hannah that they'd say it immediately (as in saying more than just looking into if they could be related) to alleviate some concern.

Heck, even if they aren't sure either way, wouldn't they also possibly gain more saying they believe they are but are still investigating? :waitasec: You'd think if anything that'd make another perp/perps let down their guard thinking LE was off track and focused on the POI from Hannah's case and not them.

But ignoring that last scenario, if pressure were to be involved, certainly it would be better PR to have 1 not 2-3 perps on the loose from one night's notable incidents, wouldn't it?

That makes me think they know they aren't related or they'd wrap it up with a neat tidy bow and at least decrease the concern about multiple perps from just the incidents that one night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hayabusa1300