VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
His is another case I wish could be solved. I hate it, too.

I remember a long time ago I was a member when Kyron Horman went missing....that was a big one too for a long time. I still hate they never found him.

Well, he was outside of their jurisdiction at that point. He is not a murder suspect. They just want to talk to him, as the last person to have been seen with her. Which makes his silence, and now his running all the more suspicious.

I think it was the fbi following him, definitely wasn't local police.
are they constrained by jurisdiction?

If I remember correctly, JM told police he bought her drinks and they went there separate ways. Did JM tell police that Hannah was never in his car? If he did, and forensics place her in his car, that's no less than an obstruction charge for JM. Just thinking out loud.
I agree completely with you!!

Just in case perp/s are reading here..

If JM, or anyone else knows where Hannah can be located, please just speak up now and give her family and community some measure of peace!
Waiting will only prolong everyone's pain and make things worse for the perp and his family too....

DO THE RIGHT THING , YOU ACTUALLY MIGHT FEEL BETTER.

Why do you think it was the FBI pursuing him? They are assisting in the investigation and search for Hannah, but he is only a person of interest and that side of it is in the hands of the C'ville police department.

OMG! He got away from LE and took off. I am so upset at this info.

Hubby thinks not. He thinks they still know where he is. But I think that if they do, and they have an arrest warrant (2 actually) for reckless driving why wouldn't they go get him and bring him in? Or if they really don't know, why not put out a BOLO and release his picture to the public? He's wanted, he fled, isn't that enough justifiable cause to release his mug shot to the public???

I want to pull my daughter out of UVA. She will not want to leave, and she will hate me, but I don't want her in this city. Dad and I control the purse, it might be time we take the decision out of her hands.
Breathe....UVA is probably an exceptionally safe place to be right now, with heightened security and student awareness. Your daughter probably has a good head on her shoulders to be enrolled at such a fine university. Maybe she'd like some home-baked cookies.

It's that time again. New thread coming very soon. This one will close in ten minutes.

Thanks.

Why do you think it was the FBI pursuing him? They are assisting in the investigation and search for Hannah, but he is only a person of interest and that side of it is in the hands of the C'ville police department.
The cop at the pc made it clear it wasn't his guys but another state agency overtly following JM

I also think the evidence they found in JM's car and apartment is compelling. But until forensic work is done, they can't say or do anything more than ask for witnesses, search and keep the POI under close observation.

IMO, there's something they found in his car and/or home that has made him a strong suspect. The evidence may also indicate others are involved. Investigators have seen something that gives them serious concerns, that makes them want to get this guy off the street. They just can't tell us yet what it is.

Keep in mind, the FBI is assisting in this investigation. Longo said federal officers were involved in the chase when JM took off. Federal agents are well trained, they're not going to do anything to compromise the investigation.

I don't think they want him off the street just yet. I believe they think others are involved and they hope he takes LE to the others. They want POI to believe they don't know where he's at, but I believe that they do.

It was stated state and federal, later specified as VA state police. I don't believe federal was ever specifically identified, but one would guess it was FBI since we know they are involved.

From the press conference:

This tells me that they are confident they have the right man, they just don't have enough evidence yet that he is involved in Hannah's disappearance. They want him off the street until forensic evidence results are returned, at which time they may have enough evidence to charge him with her disappearance: "Virginia State Police have obtained a reckless driving warrant for a person of interest in the disappearance of Hannah Graham."

This tells me that Hannah believed she was near 14th and Wertland when she was at Tempo: "Investigators believe Graham and Matthew left the restaurant Tempo together between 1:20 a.m. and 1:40 a.m. Saturday morning in Charlottesville."

This tells me that JM is familiar with rural areas, which means that Hannah could be somewhere in that area: "Charlottesville Police Chief Timothy Longo said investigators were "overtly" trailing Matthew on Saturday and tracked him to a home in Albermarle County."

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/3-p...uled-for-hannah-graham-investigation/28176918

I believe he said it was the feds that were following him.

I love him, I think his only goal is to find Hannah for her parents, I think that if it were my child I would want him in my corner.
Exactly!
I was listening g to his first press conference and after 5 mins I had to go watch him.
"He had me at hello"! Lol
If my child was missing I'd want him in a heartbeat.

Welcome Whyman!! I totally missed that...thanks for sharing!

Did anyone else find it strange that when the police was asked if they had found her cellphone the police was kind of taken off guard by the question and added to his no that "not to my knowledge". I'm thinking they might have found parts of a smashed cellphone and don't know yet if it belongs to Hannah or something. Maybe it was just me who felt this way.

Anyway im new here, hi all!

Just catching up on todays events.

For the people saying he is "on the run" here is my problem. What kind of chase was this? Was this officers just trying to keep eyes on him and he was able to lose them? Did they have their lights on? Did he do something reckless and they lost him immediately without a chance to turn their lights on? This may be the first time he is hearing about a warrant for his arrest, and we haven't even given him the chance to address it.

This whole thing is just super strange. And it doesn't scream "Guilty". I could, but it could also scream of a person who feels like they are being targeted.

Julie Carey ‏@JulieCareyNBC 23m
Police release pics of person of interest Jesse Matthew's car. Want to hear from anyone who saw it early am 9/13

View attachment 59567

It is very important to note that all the make and model distinguishable markers have been removed from this car!!! I'd be willing to bet that in other abduction cases the suspect vehicles were hard to describe because they were detailed in a similar way. One thing that comes to mind is that JLM has several FB friends that work for towing and recovery companies and we know that RAT, in the Alexis Murphy case was working for a repo company when Samantha Clarke disappeared. No coincidences. These all start as abduction/missing cases and IMO are all about VERY COMPLEX circuit of sex traffickers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drumgirl29