VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We also have to remember that this oficer has spent days with Hannah's parents. We barely got through a few minutes of watching their grief. He is angry and has every right to be angry. He knows far more about what is going here than we do. Its hard to see officers who have been busting their butts for days trying to find Hannah being drug through the mud. IMO

I'm pretty sure in Q&A, a reporter asked about more video footage of them together and the answer was that they did have video of the two of them together after leaving Tempo. Am I misremembering?

They said video.

If he's innocent, I really hope Jesse gets his a$$ to police like NOW. One could make the claim that he was scared, press were hounding him, probably getting death threats..etc.. But after this conference if he doesn't give himself up, he is either a fool or guilty of harming Hannah.
Not playing the race card...but it's a reality that many black men feel like police are not going to be fair or even humane to them... and that could trigger instinct to run...but if he's truly innocent he needs to step up

nope. if you're smart you don't talk to LE unless your lawyer tells you to. he will do what his lawyer says, if he's smart. that's how it goes. hannah's life is on the line, but this dude is potentially going to prison for life, even if he's innocent, if he isn't careful. this happens far too many times. as another poster said, check out the innocent project. 65% of people exonerated by DNA evidence are black.

Very strange. I believe the police have circumstantial evidence they aren't releasing, but it doesn't rise to the level such that they can definitively label JM a suspect. I'm sure it's a frustrating position for LE. But, regardless, I don't think the chief should have said he "hoped" they found evidence in JM's apartment. Such declarations give the appearance of a railroad.

First post on this thread, but reading religiously. I have only cried twice when following missing persons cases and both of them were over children - Samantha Runnion and Jessica Lunsford. Today I cried like a baby watching Hannah's parents. That is what the Chief is dealing with continuously. I believe what everyone is calling emotion is passion. He needs help and he is not afraid to ask for it. Prayers for Hannah and all who are searching.

There are currently 767 users browsing this thread. (206 members and 561 guests)

I think they have more than anyone knows about them leaving the bar together and getting in the car.

https://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+46.2-862

§ 46.2-862. Exceeding speed limit.

A person shall be guilty of reckless driving who drives a motor vehicle on the highways in the Commonwealth (i) at a speed of twenty miles per hour or more in excess of the applicable maximum speed limit or (ii) in excess of eighty miles per hour regardless of the applicable maximum speed limit.

It's hard to say if he actually knew who was following him. But I strongly suspect the police/agents wanted him to speed -- and fast.

Given the supposed strong faith of JM, I am very surprised that the presser did not make reference to religious obligations to confess, etc. This is why I think somebody else might be the person they really want.

It did seem to be focused on grandma making him come clean, though.

I've been wrong on every other case I followed, so this is probably not accurate for this case, either. JMO, etc.

First post on this thread, but reading religiously. I have only cried twice when following missing persons cases and both of them were over children - Samantha Runnion and Jessica Lunsford. Today I cried like a baby watching Hannah's parents. That is what the Chief is dealing with continuously. I believe what everyone is calling emotion is passion. He needs help and he is not afraid to ask for it. Prayers for Hannah and all who are searching.

hopefully that passion doesn't lead to railroading just because he wants SOMEONE in prison, you know? i hope he can be level-headed.

I agree the vibe of the press conference was odd, but to me it sounded like a good old-fashioned throwdown from Longo. He's calling JM out. I'm pretty sure they think they know what happened and just need the evidence to prove it.

Yep and where he is...this was an appeal to JM's grandmother and family is my opinion

Jmo. There was someone else who HG ended up with, and JM knows who it is. I think LE is calling JM out so he clears his name by naming names. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bubbajax