VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also agree that the sheriff is allowed to be emotionally involved when an 18 year old girl is preyed upon and he's the one that has to talk to her parents, and he's the one responsible for finding her. It's a shame that these things happen and there are so many evil people in the world. He was the last person seen with Hannah and maybe if he wasn't responsible for her disappearance he could give them a hint as to where she was headed.

he can't be emotionally involved to the extent that it compromises a clear-headed analysis and unbiased approach.

I am probably close to alone in this, but not a big fan of Chief Longo (?) really, or at least of his style. I don't like it when officials are so personally or emotionally invested in a case, or act as if. Just makes me nervous. Jmo
I'm with you on this. At the last presser, I admit to being impressed by him. Today, I thought he was too aggressive. I'm with Leilirose on her thinking that if JM is innocent, this will darn near ruin his life. In fact, I think his life could even be in jeopardy right now, with some crazies out there looking for justice. Longo comes across sounding positive that JM is guilty of something. Perhaps LE knows a lot more than they are saying, but they are admitting that the crimelab work is not finished yet. I don't know how LE works in the various states, but maybe in this one they have a lot of clout and can get a search warrant easily.

I wonder this too.

At this exact point and time what would that accomplish? JM is not in the mindset to speak with LE. He has made that clear. If LE hunted him down like a dog for a traffic warrant, we'd all be bashing them for excessive this and that. The arrest warrant is an ace in LE's pocket. They will use it when they feel the time is right. JMO of course.

(I can't recall ever seeing this many people on one thread, almost 800---what's the record, I wonder? Boston Marathon? Discovery of Lizzie and Lyric?)

OMG! He got away from LE and took off. I am so upset at this info.

Hubby thinks not. He thinks they still know where he is. But I think that if they do, and they have an arrest warrant (2 actually) for reckless driving why wouldn't they go get him and bring him in? Or if they really don't know, why not put out a BOLO and release his picture to the public? He's wanted, he fled, isn't that enough justifiable cause to release his mug shot to the public???

I want to pull my daughter out of UVA. She will not want to leave, and she will hate me, but I don't want her in this city. Dad and I control the purse, it might be time we take the decision out of her hands.

And most likely a racist troll connecting the dreadlocks with Jamaica. Read the entire thread and you get an idea of the people posting there.

Well, yeah, but wasn't the 15th before the videos were even released?

Calling other posters "ignorant" and other attacks will get this thread shut down. Please stop.

I want to pull my daughter out of UVA. She will not want to leave, and she will hate me, but I don't want her in this city. Dad and I control the purse, it might be time we take the decision out of her hands.

Way off topic, but don't let emotion cause rash choices like this. UVA is a great school and C'ville is a great town. Every town has its share of crazies.

If they know where he is, why not arrest him for reckless driving?

I suspect and it's my opinion they are hoping he will lead them to Hannah or others who were possibly involved. What they were telling him is we can arrest you when we find you, which could lead him to try to flee or turn on others. (This is just my theory or my opinion.) I would love to think it's so he would lead them to a still alive Hannah.)

This reckless driving thing is just like the indecent exposure charges in the Heather Elvis case.

About going to the police station and talking to a lawyer and then leaving in a huff, is it possible JM was just angry because the lawyer told him he couldn't help him? I mean they're not going to give him a public defender unless he talks to the police correct?

I also agree that the sheriff is allowed to be emotionally involved when an 18 year old girl is preyed upon and he's the one that has to talk to her parents, and he's the one responsible for finding her. It's a shame that these things happen and there are so many evil people in the world. He was the last person seen with Hannah and maybe if he wasn't responsible for her disappearance he could give them a hint as to where she was headed.

Yes, making the chief the bad guy here only serves to take the focus off of the person who was last seen with Hannah, and most importantly, finding her. Which is his job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rythmico