VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM:

It seems like everybody is forgetting that RAT offered to give up the location of Alexis's body in exchange for a reduced sentence. Blood, hair and torn fingernails belonging to Alexis were found in RAT's home. She wasn't sold into sex trafficking. She was murdered. JMO

He did?

There SHOULD be no reason for his life to be ruined. But it doesn't work that way. We have seen that happen over and over in other cases. Heck, even just witnesses and people who find the bodies have had their lives turned completely upside down. I am not going to say it is suspicious if someone is trying to protect themselves.

He had a chance to clear this all up when the cops showed up at the apt. Before LE decided to say he was a POI.
He had the opportunity to clear his name then. heck his own grandmother knew it was him on the survelence video.
All he had to do was say hey that was me on the video we went to the bar had a brew and she left.
LE was giving him an out he chose not to take it. JMOO

My worries are for Hannah!
He is breathing is she?

Maybe he was trying to shake off media. LE said most had left before he came in, but did not say none were hanging around

What if he is innocent? LE is under great pressure to find and arrest someone. Currently JM is the only one they. I would be scared shitless if I were JM and legitimately innocent right now.

BBM. This just isn't true. Do they want to find Hannah? Of course. Do they want to know who killed Morgan Harrington? Absolutely. But they don't go around arresting and accusing just to close a case.

I can't help but say this. What is a 32 year old, male nursing assistant doing with an 18 year old college sophomore at 1 o'clock in the morning? And why would this caring individual bid her adieu when she was so vulnerable? After he had bought her more booze? This well respected youth football coach won't talk to police. He's vacated his apartment. This big, strong burly man is now hiding or running or whatever? Doesn't make sense. And it matters not what the color of his skin is. IMO.

Reading, maybe the searchers should've been baking brownies for JM.

Save JM! may be a better thread title.

You very well could be onto something here. Wonder if WG can be shown to know JM? If so, it is even harder to see how he would screw up the description....unless he was trying to throw LE off of the trail.

Edit: Meant as a reply to post #422

yes, one of the most interesting things Longo said at the beginning of the PC was that HG "got her world turned around somehow, which is what I think happened" or something to that effect, indicating something happened TO HER by someone else before she ever disappeared. So something was wrong or off to begin with. they know she was walking with purpose. they know what was going on with her before she disappeared. it is private and probably not related to her disappearing. just coincidence that she was off that night and ended up disappearing.

Maybe she witnessed or fought off a sexual assault in the area of the party she left before she got lost?

They have evidence that he's currently the last person to be seen with an 18 year old girl who has gone missing. He can stay silent if he wishes, but the facts are that he is currently a person that police would like to talk to about this missing girl. Would you rather the police didn't bother speaking to him? What if he actually is the person who made her disappear? Should the police just look the other way because he won't talk?

No, Police should try and find evidence. That is their job. Their job is not to vilify someone for using their right to remain silent.

I'll bet if Dreads walks into the police station again, :stay:......... the :copcar: won't let him :hills:

:gasp: Why didn't we arrest him when we had the chance ?!?! :gasp:
I've seen a few cases in my town recently of guys being charged for eluding/evading police when they wouldn't stop for a blue light. That would be added to whatever charge started the chase. I wonder if they have those charges there?

except for the race, the WG got none of it right. He also had called the tip line but "he and LE played phone tag until he was convinced to come in". I'm guessing he called within 48 hours of her disappearance being aired. My question is ,How can a guy who goes out of his way to follow a "distressed girl" ( a almost 6' white girl in a shimmery top) who is joined by a almost 6' BM with a beer belly and dreadlocks dressed in all white wearing "ghetto shorts" and get none (except BM)of the description right?

The WG got everything right except for his hair and pants. I think he didn't talk to police until 4 days later so it's possible his memory was not perfect or maybe police lied about some of the description as a strategic move.

They have evidence that he's currently the last person to be seen with an 18 year old girl who has gone missing. He can stay silent if he wishes, but the facts are that he is currently a person that police would like to talk to about this missing girl. Would you rather the police didn't bother speaking to him? What if he actually is the person who made her disappear? Should the police just look the other way because he won't talk?

Agree! LE will get their answers, with or without his help.

Seeing JM's car leave the downtown area seems like a far stretch for making an accusation that HG was with him. What I mean is, it's known he was at the Downtown Mall, and they probably have a witness putting him at the Tempo. How else is he going to leave the area except to drive away in his car, with or without HG?????

Someone posted information about known sex trafficking in the area. Could someone from one of those groups spotted HG at the Tempo and took her after JM left? I would picture people from a sex trafficking ring as having money to eat in an upscale restaurant. They may not have been on the hunt at the time, but took advantage of an opportunity. If they were to take HG at gunpoint, JM might be too fearful to talk to LE about that situation.

Yes, my imagination is running wild at this point...

sex traffickers generally target runaways/throwaways. girls who need help and are desperate for survival support. she would not make an easy target generally. but maybe she was that night?
clearly C'ville/VA has a serial rapist at least, if not murderer(s).

He had a chance to clear this all up when the cops showed up at the apt. Before LE decided to say he was a POI.
He had the opportunity to clear his name then. heck his own grandmother knew it was him on the survelence video.
All he had to do was say hey that was me on the video we went to the bar had a brew and she left.
LE was giving him an out he chose not to take it. JMOO

My worries are for Hannah!
He is breathing is she?

A detective said they talked to him at the apartment and wanted to talk to him again. We have no clue what he said then. He still has every right not to say one single word. And that is not evidence of a crime.

He can't complain for being vilified for doing what he has every right to do? LE Knows people have the right to remain silent, that isn't a reason to continue to focus on someone. If they have evidence so be it. But using your right to remain silent is not evidence, and should not be held against you.

Let me ask you this.....If this was your daughter, how would you feel? Would you want someone who was the last person to be in contact with the daughter you gave birth to remain silent? If he were my son, I would my son he would have had those conversations with the police day 1. May this never happen again, but unfortunately it will.

At today's press conference LE stated that the federal and state folks saw him drive away recklessly. I don't doubt what these agents/troopers saw; and they stated he had a passenger in his car.

Do we even know if he was the driver?

Does anyone think he may also be suspect in Morgan Harrington death? He fits description (age/height wise).

Other question...what about the original white guy who was following her? any chance he could be responsible for her disappearance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper