VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well he can't complain if he won't help the investigation. He's allowing the police to keep their focus on him by not co-operating.

He can't complain for being vilified for doing what he has every right to do? LE Knows people have the right to remain silent, that isn't a reason to continue to focus on someone. If they have evidence so be it. But using your right to remain silent is not evidence, and should not be held against you.

I can't help but say this. What is a 32 year old, male nursing assistant doing with an 18 year old college sophomore at 1 o'clock in the morning? And why would this caring individual bid her adieu when she was so vulnerable? After he had bought her more booze? This well respected youth football coach won't talk to police. He's vacated his apartment. This big, strong burly man is now hiding or running or whatever? Doesn't make sense. And it matters not what the color of his skin is. IMO.

He did go to the station, got a lawyer, and the lawyer advised him to keep his mouth shut and get out of here, it seems. So he's doing as his lawyer says.

Why do you think he went speeding off ?

I think Longo may be going to hard at JM and scaring him away unless the police know something I don't

I would be surprised if there aren't a number of attorneys lined up to represent him pro bono.

IDK...I have seen it where defendants in other high-profile cases had to use a public defender or pay for their own lawyer(s). Even Casey Anthony had to pay $250k+ to her lawyers. I feel like it is too premature to say whether this will still be a big case (or trial) a year or so from now, so would lawyers be latching onto this case already?

I have been following this closely and have so many big questions:
+ why was she so disoriented in areas she should have know fairly well? (Bad interaction with prescription meds?)
+ why was she wandering the downtown mall alone?
+ why did she never go up to anybody to explain she's lost/ ask for help there were clearly so many people out that night?
+ why was creepy white dude never a focus? Behavior so disturbing?
+ why would she go out to drinks with some guy who comes up out of nowhere and puts his arm around her?
+ why would she or someone else send that text?
I know these are questions we are all asking. I just cannot figure them out at all.

yes, one of the most interesting things Longo said at the beginning of the PC was that HG "got her world turned around somehow, which is what I think happened" or something to that effect, indicating something happened TO HER by someone else before she ever disappeared. So something was wrong or off to begin with. they know she was walking with purpose. they know what was going on with her before she disappeared. it is private and probably not related to her disappearing. just coincidence that she was off that night and ended up disappearing.

Does the parking garage have those stubs you have to take? Maybe that was in the car . The video puts him there,then a finger print on the ticket would tie him to the garage..

He probably wasn't parked in the garage. They close at 1:00 and he wouldn't have been able to get out without calling them to let him out.

My only issue with the Chief's press conferences are that despite him being only a POI at this point, it seems very clear Chief is trying to convey to the public that we know this is the guy and we have him, we just have to prove it. Chief is very clear to keep him named as POI and not suspect, but it's quite clear what his true feelings are and he wants public to know it. If that's the case, then the Chief better be right. If he's wrong, he is in the process if ruining an innocent man's life and his own career

I would look at the chief's record. Does he make a habit of calling people out and ending up with egg on his face, or is he right most of the time? I don't think he got where he is by making off the cuff decisions, he knows his stuff. And remember, this isn't a one-man-show, he has a lot of help.

If they want a witness to say Graham got into his car, then how can they know for a fact already that she did?

Hi- usual lurker here/ slack in signing in. I was thinking that they mentioned something in the presser that they had something that indicated a passenger in JM's vehicle after the time they were to have parted ways. So maybe they just dont have proof yet the passenger was in fact Hannah, ??

Why do you think he went speeding off ?

I think he went speeding off because he knew he wasn't going to talk to the police yet, and he was tired of being followed and upset in general. I'm not saying it was productive, but I think that's why he did it. I bet if his family members were in the car, there were a few "domestic discussions" about him slowing down.

Seeing JM's car leave the downtown area seems like a far stretch for making an accusation that HG was with him. What I mean is, it's known he was at the Downtown Mall, and they probably have a witness putting him at the Tempo. How else is he going to leave the area except to drive away in his car, with or without HG?????

Someone posted information about known sex trafficking in the area. Could someone from one of those groups spotted HG at the Tempo and took her after JM left? I would picture people from a sex trafficking ring as having money to eat in an upscale restaurant. They may not have been on the hunt at the time, but took advantage of an opportunity. If they were to take HG at gunpoint, JM might be too fearful to talk to LE about that situation.

Yes, my imagination is running wild at this point...

Yep, sad but true. He's already lost his ability to continue coaching the high-school football team. I hope UVA does not terminate him too. Sad, that he is not even charged with anything in Hannah's disappearance, but locally, his is already considered convicted by many. Sad. :(

Even if he were cleared tomorrow, his life is ruined and will never be the same. And there will always be people who thought he *got away* with it. So yeah, I can see that happening.

I can't help but say this. What is a 32 year old, male nursing assistant doing with an 18 year old college sophomore at 1 o'clock in the morning? And why would this caring individual bid her adieu when she was so vulnerable? After he had bought her more booze? This well respected youth football coach won't talk to police. He's vacated his apartment. This big, strong burly man is now hiding or running or whatever? Doesn't make sense. And it matters not what the color of his skin is. IMO.

Lets see....Guy goes out, has a drink with girl (Do we know he knew how old she was?), and they go their separate ways as most people do after having a drink. Guy then has car taken by police, who are insinuating to the media he has more to do with the case than he does, feels he has a reputation to protect so he wants a lawyer. It really isn't a mystery, is it?

He can't complain for being vilified for doing what he has every right to do? LE Knows people have the right to remain silent, that isn't a reason to continue to focus on someone. If they have evidence so be it. But using your right to remain silent is not evidence, and should not be held against you.

They have evidence that he's currently the last person to be seen with an 18 year old girl who has gone missing. He can stay silent if he wishes, but the facts are that he is currently a person that police would like to talk to about this missing girl. Would you rather the police didn't bother speaking to him? What if he actually is the person who made her disappear? Should the police just look the other way because he won't talk?

I'm sorry if this was mentioned, but does the POI have two T's or one? It seems as though he may actually only have one T, and perhaps that is why some of the court records aren't being found when people are reserching arrest record history. It would also be easy for him to misrepresent his name/background if most of the arrest show up under the single T, and the court system didn't include the alias with two Ts in their database.

Secondly, since we now know the POI was a cab driver in the past, I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Curb, Uber, or Lyft. I wonder if it was something he did for extra money? It would also be an easy way to prey on vulnerable people.

Just a theory.

I am not familiar with the rules of Lyft....but there is no way that car would come anywhere close to qualify for use with Uber.

This is not true. There are many people that saw Hannah;she was with a number of people, though maybe briefly that night. LE has information that JM was together with Hannah that night and my guess is that the bartender, other staff, or other people did id JM and Hannah leaving Tempo's that night at a certain time when she disappeared and there is no further video footage or sighting of her after that time.

For some other reason, the car was targeted as suspicious. You don't get warrents to search the car of someone for just the above reason. Plus they cannot tie him to his own car. So they got the warrent to search the car, enough evidence from that search to seize it and also something in that car that was sufficient to get a warrent for an apartment search, but still not enough to charge JM.

My question is how did the car get involved in this? What did LE have in terms of info to get that car searched, seized and apt searched? Would the fact that JM was the last person that LE could track to Hannah be enough to get his car searched? Did he agree to get his car searched and then they found something in there? A lot we don't know.

It's my opinion that JM was seen on camera in the area and it's my opinion that the car was on camera and because the timing was right and they saw that he was with her they were able to get the search warrant.

snipped
Officers, who were granted the search warrant overnight for the car, spent several hours examining the vehicle Friday.

"Originally, they were here for a vehicle to search and seize. While they were here, they found enough probable cause to then search the home,"

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/09/19/missing-virginia-student/15890571/

This is why the car sped away.

snipped
The vehicle was traveling so dangerously, Longo said, that authorities tailing the car had to end their chase.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...521474-41b4-11e4-b47c-f5889e061e5f_story.html

bbm I would have sped away too if I was being tailed.

They aren't discussing any evidence against him, which is my point in that sentence. They are angry he wont talk, and using that to try and vilify him in the media. They do not have any video or eye witness evidence that she got in his car, and they are still waiting on forensics.

They ARE trying to pressure him into talking to them. If I were him, I wouldn't like it. If I were part of Hannah's family, I wouldn't care.

Dangerous territory here but I can't read back

What ever happened to bald black guy with goatee?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackojohnnie