VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I think she may have sent the text in advance while in the car knowing she would be there in a few minutes.

<respectfully snipped>

HG could have sent the text while in his car before she arrived there knowing she would be there in a few minutes
JM abducts HG or is innocent and drops her off and someone else abducts her
What's interesting about this location in the text is its the location of the party she attended at the apartments. That makes me think she may have gotten dropped off because she obviously did not know where the other party was at so she choose to get dropped off back at the original party unless of course she sent the text while in his car and he ended up abducting her

BBM. I wish I could take credit for this idea, but someone else said this a couple threads ago. Maybe her iphone auto-corrected "Almost at..." to "Lost at...". The person who suggested that (so sorry for not remembering who it was) said s/he had tried it on an iphone and "almost" did autocorrect to "lost" with a typo.

from twitter
#BREAKING #HannahGraham sources tell me police now in negotiations to arrange for Jesse Matthew to turn himself in #Happeningnow

The only thing he is wanted for is wreckless driving, correct?

I think JM went to the police station and as they were questioning him and he said he wanted a lawyer.
LE has to stop and wait for him to get a lawyer.
Then lawyer says he needs time to talk to his client and they leave but I think what happened was JM decided to flee.

Hannah and what happened to her is obviously the main concern. But that doesn't mean we can't care about someone else's life and rights. It doesn't mean all logic and responsibility go out the window. Our system is the way it is to protect innocent people, and prevent from creating even more victims. It would be an absolute shame if this case ended up having more than Hannah's life, and her family, ruined.

I agree with that. But you have to look at where the investigation currently is. They have video of Hannah and JM after the Tempo bar. He's the last person seen with her. He could help the investigation move forward if he talked to the police and told them what he knows. If he's innocent then there is no reason for his life to be ruined. But by not co-operating he's hardly painting himself in a good light is he?

Lava, I think one important fact that points to JM that you may have forgotten is that he is seen on video walking in the opposite direction of Hannah, spotting her and cutting across the area with the tables to get right behind the group of people walking behind her... then making it his business to quickly get next to her, etc., from there. That screams to me preying upon a well intoxicated girl to me, IMO.

Or seeing a familiar face and going to say hello.

I am so lost in this case I don't know what side to take but it is always helpful to have an open mind. Both theories are possible and should be considered.

from twitter
#BREAKING #HannahGraham sources tell me police now in negotiations to arrange for Jesse Matthew to turn himself in #Happeningnow

Oh how I hope he will talk to the cops and at least let them know something.

I have seen "perps" get "squeezed" on tv, but never in real life. Whoa. Intense.

I'll bet if Dreads walks into the police station again, :stay:......... the :copcar: won't let him :hills:

:gasp: Why didn't we arrest him when we had the chance ?!?! :gasp:

Can JM be charged with obstruction of justice for refusing to talk to the police, considering he is the last known person to be in contact with HG?

Clearly not. He went to the police station, talked to a lawyer, and then left and the police could not do anything. You don't have to talk to the police. And if you have a lawyer involved, the police have to be extra careful not to step over the legal lines. Clearly a lawyer is involved.

I could only think of an eyewitness(bartender/bouncer) who saw them together and saw them leave together maybe even saw them going towards the vehicle but not leaving together in it. A creative "reasonable cause" to a "friendly " judge can produce a search warrant for the vehicle.

Yeah I think the fact she was last seen with JM could get them a search warrant for the car.

The only thing he is wanted for is wreckless driving, correct?

And my niece was KILLED by a reckless non drunk driver. A crime is a crime. So yes it's the "only" thing he is wanted for.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree with that. But you have to look at where the investigation currently is. They have video of Hannah and JM after the Tempo bar. He's the last person seen with her. He could help the investigation move forward if he talked to the police and told them what he knows. If he's innocent then there is no reason for his life to be ruined. But by not co-operating he's hardly painting himself in a good light is he?

There SHOULD be no reason for his life to be ruined. But it doesn't work that way. We have seen that happen over and over in other cases. Heck, even just witnesses and people who find the bodies have had their lives turned completely upside down. I am not going to say it is suspicious if someone is trying to protect themselves.

from twitter
So he's not "on the run". He got irritated about being followed today and acted out. Understandable. IMO.

I think the white guy truly got some of the description wrong. He came forward like 4 or 5 days later so his memory may have not been perfect. He was only wrong about the pants and hair.
except for the race, the WG got none of it right. He also had called the tip line but "he and LE played phone tag until he was convinced to come in". I'm guessing he called within 48 hours of her disappearance being aired. My question is ,How can a guy who goes out of his way to follow a "distressed girl" ( a almost 6' white girl in a shimmery top) who is joined by a almost 6' BM with a beer belly and dreadlocks dressed in all white wearing "ghetto shorts" and get none (except BM)of the description right?

Can JM be charged with obstruction of justice for refusing to talk to the police, considering he is the last known person to be in contact with HG?

Absolutely not. Remember Miranda... you have the right to remain silent. There is no legal duty to talk to police.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member