Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Missing girl's parents: Please help us
http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/21/us/virginia-missing-student-hannah-graham/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

"(CNN) -- The father of missing University of Virginia student Hannah Graham held up his daughter's favorite stuffed rabbit for reporters to see.
It was given to her by one of his friends when she was a baby, and it became her constant companion and friend.
The rabbit disappeared for a few months when Graham was around 3, he said, but eventually was found and returned.
"All we want to do now is to bring Hannah home safely, and I appeal to anybody who knows anything -- please, please help us," John Graham said Sunday."

One detective said he talked to him, and wanted to talk to him again. JM has every right to a lawyer, and to listen to his lawyer. It is up to LE to prove their case, if they have the evidence. That is not JM's responsibility.

I know its his right. But right now I'm more concerned about where Hannah is. If he is innocent then he could be holding information that could help the police find her. But he's decided to not co-operate and so Hannah's family is having to endure this hell. I don't know if JM is innocent or guilty but I do know that he's not helping anyone by staying silent. The Spotlight is now firmly on him!

I hope he gets good representation. People seem to forget that making sure things are done right is best for Hannah too, at least for justice she needs it. You don't want LE to railroad someone and then the real perp to get away. It is better for everyone for this to be done the right way.

I agree with this. The last thing anyone wants is for him to make a confession or give other evidence that is subsequently not allowed in court.

Thats what I was wondering. Also, the location that searchers found MH shirt, is literally steps from the route the Hannah walked, as well as not far from JM's apartment. And ONE MORE thing that I can't seem to ignore, is that everyone keeps mentioning the white guy from the survelence footage, and how it appears him and JM "could" be texting each other. I recall in the MH case, that witnesses saw a blonde girl with a black man AND a white man under the bridge.

JM could be in this with someone else.

** I am new at posting and do not know how to include the post I was replying too. Sorry! (feeling frustrated)

He could have even had sexual contact with MH and then handed her off or left her with whomever killed her. The killer then knowingly plants the t-shirt in C-ville. But if that is JLM's DNA on MH's t-shirt, then at the very least, he brutally beat and raped the Fairfax 2005 victim. IMO.

Agreed. This is just my theory but I think they left the bar quickly because she wanted a ride back to her apartment/campus.
They left the bar and she texted her friends while she was in the car that she was lost.
Maybe he pretended he was lost and gave her the wrong location while he was driving in order to stall.
Once she was in the car it was too late:(

Yeah I think she may have sent the text in advance while in the car knowing she would be there in a few minutes.

Here is a rough timeline:
-1:05am (media says 1:08 but the surveillance video says 1:02 so I'm just saying 1:05) HG and JM walking together in front of Tuel Jewelers

2 minute walk to Tempo

-1:07 HG and JM arrive at Tempo

In Tempo for up to 15 minutes. I assume they were in there for 5 minutes minimum so 5-15 minutes

-1:12 to 1:22 Leave Tempo in this timeframe

5 minute ride to 14th and Wertland from Tempo

-1:17 to 1:27 Arrive at 14th and Wertland in this time frame

HG could have sent the text while in his car before she arrived there knowing she would be there in a few minutes
JM abducts HG or is innocent and drops her off and someone else abducts her
What's interesting about this location in the text is its the location of the party she attended at the apartments. That makes me think she may have gotten dropped off because she obviously did not know where the other party was at so she choose to get dropped off back at the original party unless of course she sent the text while in his car and he ended up abducting her

Lava, I think one important fact that points to JM that you may have forgotten is that he is seen on video walking in the opposite direction of Hannah, spotting her and cutting across the area with the tables to get right behind the group of people walking behind her... then making it his business to quickly get next to her, etc., from there. That screams to me preying upon a well intoxicated girl to me, IMO.

The only thing that points to JM is that they were together, in a public place. If we knew they were together privately, I'd be singing a totally different tune. But we still only know that they were at a bar, publicly, and that is it.

AHH busy weekend, but i see that she has not been found
So sad
I am sorry

I know its his right. But right now I'm more concerned about where Hannah is. If he is innocent then he could be holding information that could help the police find her. But he's decided to not co-operate and so Hannah's family is having to endure this hell. I don't know if JM is innocent or guilty but I do know that he's not helping anyone by staying silent. The Spotlight is now firmly on him!

Hannah and what happened to her is obviously the main concern. But that doesn't mean we can't care about someone else's life and rights. It doesn't mean all logic and responsibility go out the window. Our system is the way it is to protect innocent people, and prevent from creating even more victims. It would be an absolute shame if this case ended up having more than Hannah's life, and her family, ruined.

He could have even had sexual contact with MH and then handed her off or left her with whomever killed her. The killer then knowingly plants the t-shirt in C-ville. But if that is JLM's DNA on MH's t-shirt, then at the very least, he brutally beat and raped the Fairfax 2005 victim. IMO.
I think you're in the wrong thread. Mods have said a couple of times to keep topics about MH to her thread.

Can JM be charged with obstruction of justice for refusing to talk to the police, considering he is the last known person to be in contact with HG?

The only thing that points to JM is that they were together, in a public place. If we knew they were together privately, I'd be singing a totally different tune. But we still only know that they were at a bar, publicly, and that is it.

This is not true. There are many people that saw Hannah;she was with a number of people, though maybe briefly that night. LE has information that JM was together with Hannah that night and my guess is that the bartender, other staff, or other people did id JM and Hannah leaving Tempo's that night at a certain time when she disappeared and there is no further video footage or sighting of her after that time.

For some other reason, the car was targeted as suspicious. You don't get warrents to search the car of someone for just the above reason. Plus they cannot tie him to his own car. So they got the warrent to search the car, enough evidence from that search to seize it and also something in that car that was sufficient to get a warrent for an apartment search, but still not enough to charge JM.

My question is how did the car get involved in this? What did LE have in terms of info to get that car searched, seized and apt searched? Would the fact that JM was the last person that LE could track to Hannah be enough to get his car searched? Did he agree to get his car searched and then they found something in there? A lot we don't know.

Lava, I think one important fact that points to JM that you may have forgotten is that he is seen on video walking in the opposite direction of Hannah, spotting her and cutting across the area with the tables to get right behind the group of people walking behind her... then making it his business to quickly get next to her, etc., from there. That screams to me preying upon a well intoxicated girl to me, IMO.

I don't forget that at all. But In the context of a guy seeing a girl, and going and getting a drink, it is not suspicious at all. Plenty of guys pick up intoxicated women. That isn't preying on them at all. This happens millions of times every weekend. If he got a drink with a girl who had also been drinking, and then went home without that girl...it isn't suspicious or wrong at all.

Or he could have known her already, noticed her across the way and cut across to catch up and say hi to her as a friend or acquaintance

Tempos may have more answers. I believe Tempos was HGs destination for the night and she wanted to get there before closing (reason for her quickened movement).

JM should have no fear of coming forward to tell his side to LE. They're are a lot of eyes on the case and evidence will have to be rock solid

Sure, like a confession. Unfortunately it must be considered that in 30% of wrongful convictions overturned by the Innocence Project, the confession turned out to be false. One can only guess at the real rate of false confessions.

This is not true. There are many people that saw Hannah;she was with a number of people, though maybe briefly that night. LE has information that JM was together with Hannah that night and my guess is that the bartender, other staff, or other people did id JM and Hannah leaving Tempo's that night at a certain time when she disappeared and there is no further video footage or sighting of her after that time.

For some other reason, the car was targeted as suspicious. You don't get warrents to search the car of someone for just the above reason. Plus they cannot tie him to his own car. So they got the warrent to search the car, enough evidence from that search to seize it and also something in that car that was sufficient to get a warrent for an apartment search, but still not enough to charge JM.

My question is how did the car get involved in this? What did LE have in terms of info to get that car searched, seized and apt searched? Would the fact that JM was the last person that LE could track to Hannah be enough to get his car searched? Did he agree to get his car searched and then they found something in there? A lot we don't know.

You are asking a lot of unanswered questions. What I said is still the fact. We only know, for a fact, that they were last seen in a public place.

Respectfully, you and I will definitely disagree on this.

I don't forget that at all. But In the context of a guy seeing a girl, and going and getting a drink, it is not suspicious at all. Plenty of guys pick up intoxicated women. That isn't preying on them at all. This happens millions of times every weekend. If he got a drink with a girl who had also been drinking, and then went home without that girl...it isn't suspicious or wrong at all.

from twitter
#BREAKING #HannahGraham sources tell me police now in negotiations to arrange for Jesse Matthew to turn himself in #Happeningnow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rose2024