VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM: Has it ever been said whether JM denied HG was in the car? I thought JM did not cooperate with police. Very confused

His grandmother said His mother said he said she was never in the car he NEVER spoke to LE but granny spoke to media.

Seriously, that question has been bantered around and pondered over for the last two days. Nobody has any idea why White guy would have provided that description of the man he saw if Dreads was responsible all along. There are some ideas, such as the cops did it to reassure Dreads they weren't on to him , which would be pretty stupid seeing how it would impede their own investigation.

Does anyone know for sure what JM's hair looks like as of the last few days?

Is it possible that he did shave his head AFTER Hannah went missing?

Fair point. Perhaps a bit premature. But, at this point, it has all the makings ...

The only way I could see this case still being a big national story a year from now, is if JM is arrested, many people, including prominent ones, believe he is innocent, railroaded b/c of his race, etc. If he is never arrested or LE finds Heather and significant evidence that he did it, the case will fade, like all the others. JMO.

Jm is a 32 year old man, picking up and buying a clearly already intoxicated 18 year old girl drinks. I reiterate, a 32 year old man picking up and buying drinks for a young innocent girl who was already very intoxicated and vulnerable. Not like some young college kid picking her up in his immaturity......A 32 year old man who has years and years of more experience and worldliness. So yeah, I would consider that suspicious. But more importantly he is the last person that everyone at this point is aware of that has seen this girl, and apparently he is on the run....
Check this link out....police are asking the public to keep a lookout for jm and his car and released a hotline for anyone who sees him to call immediately.
http://.com/2014/09/21/the-case-of-...lj-matthew-and-call-434-295-3851-immediately/

Again, this happens all over the country. I remember being underage, going to bars, and having older men buy me drinks. Never did it lead anywhere nefarious, and I made it home safely. Of course, I remembered the buddy system. We can't just ignore that young people drink with older people all the time and nothing bad happens the majority of the time.

Maybe JM needed to wait for Gloria Allred to fly in from California. She actually might be willing to represent him like she did Amber. He needs a good lawyer.

You may know better than I, so I'll agree with you. JM may just be coming in to answer to the reckless driving; he may still not discuss the events of that morning he was with Hannah. Wow.

God if they have him on an rd charge they're literally going to let him walk on a summons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with you and I don't know him. I think if they had found something significant in his car or apartment they would have been able to arrest him on something. I don't know if he is involved, but if he's innocent he probably feels like he's being railroaded. I hope this doesn't turn out to be like the injustice that happened to the Duke lacrosse players.

He left after they got there and took his car and before they got the additional two search warrants for his apartment and phone.

something that confuses me (one of many !)

if they got a warrant to his car & house, how come they didn't bring him in for questioning?

is someone else connected to the car and the pressure's on Jessie to reveal who was using it?

They've been very clear they didn't have anything to arrest him on then (or now - until the reckless driving thing) So they didn't go there intending to arrest him.

They went around midnight to execute the car search warrant - the only thing they had at the time. They seized the car and searched it off site.

Something from that allowed them then get the phone and apartment warrants, but JM and all occupants had left before they arrived again at 10 am. So there was no way they could have arrested him if they had wanted - he wasn't there.

The article below from ABC is more specific...

The first warrant was a search and seizure warrant for a vehicle which was executed shortly after midnight. When police arrived at the apartment building and seized the car, a person connected to the car was in his apartment with two others. Police identified those individuals, but the officer did not feel he had the grounds to detain the individuals, Longo said.

After seizing the car and taking it to an undisclosed location for the full search, investigators developed probable cause and sought approvals for the two other warrants. Police arrived back at the apartment shortly after 10 a.m. and the three individuals were no longer inside, Longo said.

I'm away to bed. This going round in circles has me dizzy. Goodnight from the UK.

I am pages behind still, so I apologize if this has been discussed, but I am watching the presser once more and I clearly hear Longo say he believes Hannah left FELLINI's with JM. Did he just say it wrong, or did I miss something and they were together earlier in the night? He must have meant to say Tempo, but it was really odd!!

yup he said it......he sounded like they went to two places the last being Tempo.

I think what scares me most about this case (besides where Hannah is and the agony her parents are going through) is the fact that things in the "media" are now being twisted and passed off as truth.

The "J Matthew" post about him being a cab driver stems off an older article on a "J Matthews." Matthews. Matthews with a "S" also from VA. Such a similar name, and a similar profile (but it's easy to do that in the media with young black men). We have pages here on WS confirming that information as truth when it's two separate men.

How do we plan on finding Hannah when the information is that bad?

It's save JM.

He was speeding off to church...
I thoroughly enjoy sarcasm so I smiled at your statement. However, while I cannot speak for others here, I have to clarify that I totally support JM's decision to keep quiet based on my own perspective and experiences. While I won't re-state my long-winded post from thread 7, suffice it to say that I can both understand JM's current position AND I will be among those eagerly anticipating his trial and subsequent long incarceration should some compelling evidence of his having harmed Hannah be presented.

I think a lot of the frustration here comes from the fact that right now the most important thing is finding Hannah and anyone who has information can really help with that so whether evidence of wrongdoing or not why would you not try to help with that being as you were the last known person with her that night if you are innocent..JMO

God if they have him on an rd charge they're literally going to let him walk on a summons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

When the magistrate issued the warrant it could be issued as summons or as an actual warrant where they would have to have a bond hearing. He will be booked and have a hearing.

He absolutely does not need to speak with LE. Would we like him to? Sure. Would LE like him to? Sure. But need? No. LE's case needs to be based on evidence. They don't need evidence to talk to him, they need evidence to prove their case.

They obviously feel the need to talk to him in order to find the missing girl, Hannah Graham.

yup he said it......he sounded like they went to two places the last being Tempo.

I thought that was a mis-statement bc earlier he said someone saw HG turn the corner by Fellinis' alone as she was coming onto the mall area earlier.

i thoroughly enjoy sarcasm so i smiled at your statement. However, while i cannot speak for others here, i have to clarify that i totally support jm's decision to keep quiet based on my own perspective and experiences. While i won't re-state my long-winded post from thread 7, suffice it to say that i can both understand jm's current position and i will be among those eagerly anticipating his trial and subsequent long incarceration should some compelling evidence of his having harmed hannah be presented.

wow like

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member