VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seldom are the remains or personal items of innocent abduction victims of sexual predators/serial killers located in the same police jurisdiction as the abduction site.
Most experienced predators are aware of this. Although the area of HG's disappearance had to be searched and ruled out, it is likely that she will be located miles from where she was abducted, if she is deceased, imo...

Foxfire, so is your theory that an actual serial killer took her that night and Dreads had nothing to do with it ?

Or, are you saying Dreads may be an experienced serial killer and nobody realizes it ?

"The commonwealth does not believe there is significant probable cause at the moment" - Longo

Also, he doesn't really know the circumstances of the wreckless driving incident. Kind of odd.

I believe that the coming searches by trained professionals, minus local volunteers, will focus on areas accessible within the radius of cell pings by the POI. I hope they are fruitful, but since they are not known for pinpoint accuracy, they very well may not be. Virginia is known for its rich, abundant wooded areas. Also, being a local and a former cabbie, he is probably well aware of abandoned and unattended structures that could be used for disposal. I also still believe Longo has unreleased evidence, enough to convince him (as well as the FBI) without a doubt they are looking at the right person.

This story is coming up on GMA. Glad to see this POI's face is getting out there.

"The commonwealth does not believe there is significant probable cause at the moment" - Longo

Also, he doesn't really know the circumstances of the wreckless driving incident. Kind of odd.

He is dumping the lack of detaining Dreads into the lap of the District Attorney, who is apparently calling the shots here.

It is pretty obvious that Longo is questioning the wisdom of it, or lack thereof.

They continue to come face to face with this guy, and he continues to walk away right in front of them.

Longo is distancing himself from these decisions to just let this guy run around loose, which is a pretty good idea, especially if this whole thing heads south, such as Dreads deciding to off himself or flee the country.

It all comes down to differences in policing methods and how the laws work in the US. Look at the two arrests in the Alice Gross case. Arrested on suspicion of murder, questioned with a lawyer and then released without charge.

This both enabled the police to move on quickly to find the now prime suspect and neither men's identities were published AFAIK.

For whatever reason Charlottevillle LE has not or can not do this. Too late to protect JM's identity, and I don't think LE wanted to do so. They want his name and face out there. He's on the posters/flyers being distributed even. Enough to smear him (if he is innocent) and yet they do not have enough evidence to arrest himon suspicion of murder.

As mentioned, others who were on the video, at the mall that night did not come forth either. I believe LE wants anyone there to come forth, and many have not. Clearly, a lot of people have not seen the video footage and plea, or they feel they don't know anything, don't want to bother or don't want to get involved.

Doubt Hannah will be found, dead or alive, within the area where she was last seen. The dogs seem to have gotten a good trail on her, and it ended. Once someone gets into a vehicle, and with this much time having gone by, she could be just about anywhere.

In the first few days, there was more hope that she was dropped off somewhere alive,, possibly hurt, but alive. Now it's more doubtful. As time goes by, the chances of finding her alive greatly diminish.

Longo is caught between the rights of his POI, JM, and the urgency of getting info out of him. IMO, he has not done a great job. He come off very well on camera, but I am not at all impressed with how specifics were handled here. He's slow on the uptake. When JM came in, they should have been ready to hit him with a charge of giving a minor alcohol, so that they could have held him. Didn't have his duck in a row, had to let him go.

If JM does turn out clearly not the perp here, Longo has really gone to far in smearing an innocent man. But we don't know what evidence he has that he dares to go as far as he has without arresting JM. Again, that JM is an AA male, a POI in a missing white woman case in the south is also an issue. Yes, racism is there and this could be an issue to JM. Could also be a reason why Longo and the DA are stepping back on arrest. Would look really bad and get a lot of national backlash if they arrested him and he was not the perp. It's such a stereotype; White woman missing, throw the black male in jail.

See, this is what I can't get behind... if he does not have enough evidence to even say he's a suspect, he shouldn't have chosen such over-the-top methods at the pc. I hope to god JM is the perp, because if he isn't Longo destroyed his life for nothing and made it much more unlikely that the true perp would ever be caught. I hope he's right. Moo.

He is dumping the lack of detaining Dreads into the lap of the District Attorney, who is apparently calling the shots here.

It is pretty obvious that Longo is questioning the wisdom of it, or lack thereof.

They continue to come face to face with this guy, and he continues to walk away right in front of them.

Longo is distancing himself from these decisions to just let this guy run around loose, which is a pretty good idea, especially if this whole thing heads south, such as Dreads deciding to off himself or flee the country.

I got the same sense. His attitude at the pressers seems to have been "How much ******* evidence do we need to lock this guy up?"

I don't know why he would be questioning the wisdom of it. If he wants a conviction, it would be wise for him to wait for forensics to come back. There are just some things you can't explain away and currently all he has is circumstantial.

http://www.511virginia.org/

here are traffic cameras around c'ville, click on the camera and it's possible to see the traffic live, do these record?

there's 17 different cameras around the roads, I think his car was picked up on these and that's why they can't be sure who's driving jmo

I got the same sense. His attitude at the pressers seems to have been "How much ******* evidence do we need to lock this guy up?"

You know something's different when Longo starts going out on the morning Talk Shows.

For the last week, people have been starving for information about this case, waiting anxiously for each and every press conference.

That information came in dribs and drabs over the last week.

This morning, Longo is hitting all the morning news programs as if he is pitching a book or something.

I guess things have stalled out.

You know something's different when Longo starts going out on the morning Talk Shows.

For the last week, people have been starving for information about this case, waiting anxiously for each and every press conference.

That information came in dribs and drabs over the last week.

This morning, Longo is hitting all the morning news programs as if he is pitching a book or something.

I guess things have stalled out.

Just seems like a lot of talk for someone still waiting on forensics. Longo doesn't even have his own evidence in yet, he can't expect everyone to jump on board.

Thankfully he said he hopes it will be in today.

At a news conference on Sunday, Charlottesville Police Chief Timothy Longo said that he believed Jesse Matthew, 32, was the last person Graham “was seen with before she vanished off the face of the earth.”

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/hannah-graham-what-happened-missing-virginia-student-n208556

I woke up this morning thinking of this statement by the police. Isn't this pointing the finger at Matthew? Should Longo be doing this? It seems unfair at this point, but perhaps the statement by previous WBer, that the shots are being called by the district attorney, is what is causing this? But I thought that police would make the decision on when to charge people?

At a news conference on Sunday, Charlottesville Police Chief Timothy Longo said that he believed Jesse Matthew, 32, was the last person Graham “was seen with before she vanished off the face of the earth.”

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/hannah-graham-what-happened-missing-virginia-student-n208556

I woke up this morning thinking of this statement by the police. Isn't this pointing the finger at Matthew? Should Longo be doing this? It seems unfair at this point, but perhaps the statement by previous WBer, that the shots are being called by the district attorney, is what is causing this? But I thought that police would make the decision on when to charge people?

It is a loaded statement, but it is a fact. JM is the last person SEEN with Hannah. If someone else knowingly saw her with someone else, we would hopefully know. But, being seen with her last isn't evidence of wrong doing on its own. Everything Longo has done and said seems very odd to me. Perhaps he is holding back some information, but with just what he has given us, it is odd.

Foxfire, so is your theory that an actual serial killer took her that night and Dreads had nothing to do with it ?

Or, are you saying Dreads may be an experienced serial killer and nobody realizes it ?

Steelman, imo HG was taken by an experienced sexual predator, and dreads is likely the person responsible for her disappearance. If dreads is responsible, it is highly unlikely that HG was his first victim, imo...

I was addressing the probable reason that HG has not been located as of yet. Most missing/murdered person's remains are located by hunters, fishermen, hikers, dog walkers, and other outdoors persons. Imo, this will likely be the result in HB's case..
Virginia archery, muzzleloader, and firearms deer seasons open in a few days and scouting is presently underway; Youth/Apprentice Deer Hunting Day -Statewide September 27, 2014. Imo, VA residents should be advised to be on alert for vulture or other scavenger activity and report it to DNR..

I don't know why he would be questioning the wisdom of it. If he wants a conviction, it would be wise for him to wait for forensics to come back. There are just some things you can't explain away and currently all he has is circumstantial.

He's questioning the wisdom of it because this guy is slippery. He has already walked away from the cops both at his residence and at the police station. He dumped their surveillance yesterday right there in the middle of town. If this guy manages to find the resources to flee across the country, I have no doubt he will do it. I suspect that Longo has the same concern.

For whatever reason Charlottevillle LE has not or can not do this. Too late to protect JM's identity, and I don't think LE wanted to do so. They want his name and face out there. He's on the posters/flyers being distributed even. Enough to smear him (if he is innocent) and yet they do not have enough evidence to arrest himon suspicion of murder.

As mentioned, others who were on the video, at the mall that night did not come forth either. I believe LE wants anyone there to come forth, and many have not. Clearly, a lot of people have not seen the video footage and plea, or they feel they don't know anything, don't want to bother or don't want to get involved.

Doubt Hannah will be found, dead or alive, within the area where she was last seen. The dogs seem to have gotten a good trail on her, and it ended. Once someone gets into a vehicle, and with this much time having gone by, she could be just about anywhere.

In the first few days, there was more hope that she was dropped off somewhere alive,, possibly hurt, but alive. Now it's more doubtful. As time goes by, the chances of finding her alive greatly diminish.

Longo is caught between the rights of his POI, JM, and the urgency of getting info out of him. IMO, he has not done a great job. He come off very well on camera, but I am not at all impressed with how specifics were handled here. He's slow on the uptake. When JM came in, they should have been ready to hit him with a charge of giving a minor alcohol, so that they could have held him. Didn't have his duck in a row, had to let him go.

If JM does turn out clearly not the perp here, Longo has really gone to far in smearing an innocent man. But we don't know what evidence he has that he dares to go as far as he has without arresting JM. Again, that JM is an AA male, a POI in a missing white woman case in the south is also an issue. Yes, racism is there and this could be an issue to JM. Could also be a reason why Longo and the DA are stepping back on arrest. Would look really bad and get a lot of national backlash if they arrested him and he was not the perp. It's such a stereotype; White woman missing, throw the black male in jail.

Since JM is the last person seen with her I think it makes sense that his name would be out there. If he is truly innocent go in with a lawyer and talk. They are putting the pressure on him and I feel that is smart. Like I said he was last seen with her trail of crumbs currently ends with him.

I also believe the police had to put info out into the public because they are in need of eye witnesses at the moment to string along some information to get the case going especially since they have no body which could give clues.

See, this is what I can't get behind... if he does not have enough evidence to even say he's a suspect, he shouldn't have chosen such over-the-top methods at the pc. I hope to god JM is the perp, because if he isn't Longo destroyed his life for nothing and made it much more unlikely that the true perp would ever be caught. I hope he's right. Moo.

I do not think Longo destroyed his life at all.
J has had many chances to just come in and talk.
Lets not make the man that's trying so hard to find this young woman the Bad Guy here.
IMO hes trying very hard to leave it in J's hands to do the right thing but Longo cant sit on his hands and wait for him to decide when he wants to come in... time is not on Hannahs side. When push comes to shove you push.

They wont get to the true perp till they get past this POI so far hes the only person last to be seen with her.
Its all there right on video...
All JMO

While I think they found enough evidence in the car to prove that Hannah was in it, they probably can't yet connect the dots to her murder. She went willingly into the bar with him, it would be difficult to prove she didn't willingly get into the car with him. If she was raped, it would be difficult to prove without doubt that she didn't willingly have sex with him. It's imperative that she be found soon. I'm curious about the other people in the condo and what they know...did one of them call in a tip or are they unable or unwilling to say if she was in the place with or without her consent. Or did the crime happen in the car and she was never at the condo? Forensics are the key, for sure.

I wonder what Longo will do if the car and apt come back clean? I get the feeling he expected to find overwhelming evidence immediately, and now has to wait for dna, hair, fiber, etc. I hope forensics bears out his suspicions, and if it doesn't I hope he is able to refocus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
primelectrics